(Closed) Any Studio 450 Brides Out There????

posted 8 years ago in New York City
Post # 3
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Hey!  Do you want to stay in the area or are you willing to get in the limo?  We’re doing our pictures before the ceremony.  So far I think we’re going to the meatpacking and times square.  For our engagement shoot we’re doing the public library.  I love the post office idea!

Post # 5
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi!

I’m new to the board – we are getting married at Studio 450 in September 2011. I haven’t thought TOO much about picture locations but we are going to do pictures beforehand in any case – I don’t want to miss my cocktail hour!

Anyone care to share the vendors they are using? So far I’ve got catering proposals from Real Food Catering and Abigail Kirsch (needless to say the latter was a LOT more expensive than the former). I also have a meeting arranged with Roquette Catering but no idea of their costs yet.

Post # 6
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

HI!

Im getting married at studio450 this october and have been meeting up with Hernan from real food catering…so far so good, we are about to sign the contract with him very soon.  I am fairly new to the area and also would love ideas of where to have pics taken (we are also taking pics before the ceramony). 

Thanks and congrats to you ladies!

Post # 7
94 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Can I ask how much per head it will come out to, approx?  I looked there but with a guest list of about 110 people, it was a lot just for the venue  🙁  I’ve spoken to Real Food too, but they can’t quote a true price unless I have a venue.

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Hi Brides! 

I am helping plan my sisters wedding in October at Studio 450 and am wondering what caterers you are using? 

For pictures I think the high line is a great bet! Not too far and still a gorgeous view!

Post # 10
45 posts
Newbee

We went with Real Food Catering in the end, and our experiences with them so far have been really positive. We have our tasting this Friday, and it’s actually at Studio 450 – they are catering a wedding there and we are stopping by before the guests arrive, so we get to see it all set up. Can’t wait!

Post # 11
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

That sounds awesome! What kind of food are you tasting/sampling? I am considering calling real catering right now and setting up a consultation! I am meeting with Upper crust, but fear that they are really expensive. 

If you dont mind me asking, I have a bazillion questions. 

1. How many people are you inviting?

2. Are you having your ceremony at Studio 450, if so outside or inside?

3. Is Real Catering also providing the decor, flowers, bar, etc?

This is just the beginning of my planning process and I am so excited that you responded so quickly! 

Thank you!

Post # 12
2947 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

I ::almost:: went with Studio 450! Love the venue! The post office sounds like a fantastic spot for photos.

Post # 13
45 posts
Newbee

@PearlP: No problem!

Re. the tasting – I assume we’re going to be tasting items from the provisional menu Yen at Real Foods planned out for us (with our input). Lots of hors d’oeuvres, salad, steak or red snapper for entrees. I’d highly recommend you give Real Food a call.

We are inviting around ~230 but since I am Irish and many of the invitees live in Ireland/Europe, we’re estimating we’ll have about 150 guests on the day.

We are having our ceremony at Studio 450 too, and we opted for inside. We felt the rooftop might be a little too small for 150 people, and I didn’t want to have to deal with weather worries. We’re having our cocktail hour on the roof though, weather permitting.

Real Food handles the food, bar set up, staff, and all the rentals (tables, chairs, linens, etc.) They can also handle the alcohol if you like, or they can advise you on how much to purchase and you can buy it yourself, whichever you prefer. We are having them handle it for us. I don’t think they do decor or flowers but they can refer you to some suppliers – Yen referred us to our florist, Designs by Rose, for example.

Post # 14
111 posts
Blushing bee

@KateinNYC: Lots of event spaces are not being considered because of the hassle of booking venue, caterer separately. Can you PM me with the costs of booking this venue plus catering per person? I’d appreciate it. [email protected].  Thanks

Post # 15
111 posts
Blushing bee

Thanks

Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hi! We just booked our wedding (reception and ceremony) for Studio 450 – for Friday June 15th of 2012. So we are way ahead of the game… but Im all about getting the basics nailed down early.

We have appts set up with the following caterers that have all worked at Studio 450 before and we have read good reviews about: Roquette Catering, Naturally Deliscious and Real Foods Catering. (the later seems to be the most popular). All can do everything or just provide the food. I might check out Bassette Catering too per someone’s post above.

The budget we are working within is: $6,800 for the cite fee, $25,000 for all the food (apps, buffet dinner and dessert), booze and rentals. Plus about $3,200 for decorations – we are going real basic with just lots of candles and some basic decorations for our ceremony (outside). All the caters I contacted can work within that budget. We have about 150 people coming..

I’d be interested to hear suggestions about photogs, bands, officiants, and hotels people might be reserving room blocks at!

Also any ideas for outdoor ceremony decorations would be appreciated too!

The topic ‘Any Studio 450 Brides Out There????’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors