(Closed) Any summer 2013 Maggie Sottero collection brides?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 47
688 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

View original reply
@svanfle:  I think i prefer the sash this way too, I like how it flows at the back, it looks more natural than a sash in the front. I bet you’d be putting it right all day long if it’s in the front. 

The keyhole seems a bit small now indeed, but still looks lovely. I really really like this dress. Is it heavy to wear? I wouldn’t think so, as it doesn’t have any beading. I would love a dress that’s relatively comfortable to wear. That’s probably why I like the Bronwyn better than the Carolina. It looks a bit more easy going, although with a classic vibe.

Post # 48
751 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I want a Maggie Sottero dress but haven’t started looking yet. 

Post # 49
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
@sfp:  Not heavy at all.  I’m getting married this July and wanted something that won’t weigh me down — this is just a slip and then the lace overlay.  So comfortable! 

Post # 50
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@svanfle:  Looks absolutely gorgeous!

Now that I’m seeing it on a few bride to bees, I’m thinking it looks awful on me! I really hope it was the lighting (and my mom can’t work a simple camera to save her life).

Did yours have cups? Maybe that was my problem. I’m hoping I still love it when it comes in next month :/

Post # 51
12 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@kmarie719:  It does NOT look awful on you! It definitely was the lighting — it made the silk layer underneath stand out more than it does in person.  I can’t remember if the one I tried on had cups or not, but I am definitely sewing some in when mine comes in (which won’t be until June).  I’m sure you will still love it, you picked it for a reason! 

Post # 52
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Futuremrskgb: im torn between the giovanna and Karena royale.  I really love the giovanna but you’re right about it being not as prominent as in the stock photo. Did you still go ahead with it? 

Post # 54
64 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@Futuremrskgb:  its great that you’re happy with it. I just found out that they don’t have the giovanna in australia which means I can’t even try it on to see how I look in it ๐Ÿ™ do post more pics when you can. would love to see it on someone.

Post # 56
1094 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I also bought Bronwyn! I’m so excited. I don’t want to sew in cups because the weight alone of the cups might fold..Im looking to get a bra…but any suggestions?

Post # 57
183 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@countrylove914:  It’s so funny that you said that because as I saw your photo and you noted it was from another Maggie dress, I was thinking, that looks like my arabella belt! lol

Post # 58
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@eraff32:  Yes! We were going to go with the Suzette but then changed our minds. The store wrote the suzette belt down on the form which was over $300 more than the arabella belt so I called to make sure they ordered the right one and they didn’t so they changed it and refunded me the money. The dress and belt are supposed to be here at the end of May so we will see which one comes in! Crossing my fingers it is correct! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 59
1 posts
Wannabee

I will also be a Bronwyn bride! Just curious to know as to how some of you are planning on wearing your hair? I’m a “hair down” kind of girl but I don’t want to cover the back of the dress (which is probablymy favorite feature of it). And I’m also skeptical of wearing it pulled to the side because I’mafraid it will look too heavy with the thicker straps.

@foreverlovex: I bought a backless strapless bra which are pretty much two cups that stick to you. I’ve worn it a couple times already and love it. I bought mine at La Senza but you can probably buy one anywhere they sell bras and underwear (Victoria secre?) or even at bridal boutiques. The consultant had said it will stay on even if you sweat (whether it be nerves or summer wedding). Can be worn up to 20 times if you take good care of it.

Post # 60
12 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@Ladywlady:  It’s so silly how excited I get when I hear about fellow Bronwyn Brides!  I have been thinking a lot about hair too — definitely up, and something simple.  I feel like the dress speaks for itself so I don’t want anything crazy going on with my hair. I’m going to be wearing a chapel length veil, so I need some sort of bun to stick the clip in.  I’m also going to be having a summer wedding, so I’m not sure if I want a side “swoop” (just in case I get sweaty), so I was thinking a swept back look would be better.  Just my initial thoughts! 

Post # 61
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

I was deciding between Casablanca 1978 and Giovanna Marie…I’m a plus sized bride so the options to actually try on were limited…I think im going with Giovanna Marie but am going with a more blingy belt…The dresses do not photography anywhere near what it looks like online…or in person for that matter…A little frustrating.  

The topic ‘Any summer 2013 Maggie Sottero collection brides?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors