(Closed) Any summer or Fall 2014 Brides out there!?

posted 5 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 3
1481 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

We’re supposed to be getting engaged before next October and I would LOVE to get married in Fall 2014. SO hasn’t decided if he wants to get married then or wait until Spring 2015 or later *sigh*

I am a super planner, so I’ve definitely already got my eye on everything that I like – and will confirm with SO once I get the green light lol. My mom jokes that I’ll have everything booked within the week after we get engaged haha.

From what we’ve talked (and agreed) about; we both want something outdoors. And for it to be a lot of fun, with an open bar and a good DJ a must. All of the things that I love so far are relatively expensive though, so I’ll have to have a good talk with my dad when the time rolls around. I’m pretty sure he’s planning to spend less than half of what I’m picturing in my mind lol, so we’ll see how everything works out. He usually can’t say no to me Innocent

Post # 4
734 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I’m getting married in August of 2014!

We’ve booked out venues, our planner, our photographer, and soon we’ll book our officiant.

We mostly booked the things that tend to book full more ahead of time. I think its a good idea to book the venue a year or more ahead of time as well as the photographer. At least, it is in my area (and also the area where we’re getting married). In my area venues a fully booked 8 months ahead of time, so you have to book earlier. Where we’re getting married its not that bad, but we were still told that we should try to book our venue.

Post # 5
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I’m getting married September 2014

We have booked the venue, our photographer. I have my sisters bridesmaid dress fabric and pattern bought, i have my dress pattern bought (yes i am making both dresses) I have my hair piece, material for my veil, my garter ordered. and i have picked out the guys kilts, favours, invitations, flowers, and my ring. 

I didnt think i was that organised! seems alot when you see it written down! 

Post # 6
523 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

We are either going with May 2014 or August 2014, we are doing our wedding in Orlando FL but waiting to hear if our date is available for the Swan and Dolphin hotel. Otherwise all we have done is booked engagement photos, pick colors, and pick location no payments or other details. I know the dress I want but I have to save for it! 🙁

Post # 8
298 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014 - White Point Garden, Charleston, SC

We’re going for September 2014!

Post # 9
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

We are getting married November 8th 2014.

We have already booked the church, venue, photographer, DJ and florist. The colors for the bridal party have been picked. I love to plan and figured I would try and eliminate as much stress as I can now, instead of doing it all later in the year/next year.

Right now we are looking at invitation designs and collecting brooches for the brooch bouquet (I am not crafty at all but we are going to try and make one lol). Next year – will be when I start going and trying on dresses.

Post # 10
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’m getting married next October. I honestly wasn’t really thinking about planning until my mother, Future Mother-In-Law, and aunt all started bugging me in the past couple weeks. The Family Drama Machine is already revved up and ready to be unleashed, so I’m procrastinating a bit…

Post # 11
719 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - South Bonson Pier & Community Centre

@Coopsie:  We’re getting married mid-August 2014, and I am so far ahead of where I really need to be! My justification is that I will be writing my masters thesis next year, so I really want to have most of the planning done by the end of this year so that I don’t have all that extra stress.

I’m going dress shopping tomorrow with my mom, but I think I’ve already picked out my dress. We have our venue, our photographer, our officiant, and we’re narrowing down on the caterer. Now we’re starting to work on a lot of the DIY decor pieces that we are wanting.

I’ve always been more of a tomboy, so I think it’s hillarious that I’m getting so into this!

Post # 12
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We are getting married hopefully July 12th 2014!!

I have nothing planned but hired a wedding planner and she is setting up all our vendor appointments for the week and a half we will be in the area in June! So after that our wedding will be basically planned!!!! Though I am pretty nervous about making all these important decisions including my dress in such a short time period! 

Post # 13
3277 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We’re getting married June 7, 2014, it was the soonest our venue was available! And waiting until I graduate. We’ve got church and reception venue booked, dress bought, photographer chosen, colors picked, need to work on seating chart but not looking forward to it :/ also planning hours away is somewhat difficult 

Post # 14
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

@Coopsie:  I know what you mean about feeling like you are ahead! We got engaged on Feb 1st 2013 and our wedding is Oct 3rd 2014. Since our engagement we have booked the ceremony/reception venue, booked the photographer, decided and started making our centerpieces, picked a theme, bought my dress and have gone over countless other things. According to theknot.com I dont have anything else to do till Dec of this year Tongue Out

Post # 15
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Coopsie: I’m getting married May 2014. I have my wedding planner and venue booked. In the next two months I will be booking my event designer, photographer, and florist. I’m trying to make sure I get all of my top vendors booked. Congrats to all of you 2014 brides!!

The topic ‘Any summer or Fall 2014 Brides out there!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors