(Closed) Any summer or Fall 2014 Brides out there!?

posted 7 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 17
3967 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Got the venue and photographer booked.. waiting to look for dresses until the summer. 

Post # 18
117 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

We are in Jully 2014. So far we have our photographer and dj booked, in the process of signing a contract with our venue, have our theme and colors picked out, know what we are doing for our centerpieces, have a list of diy decorations and other things, posssibly found our cateror,  have my dress, picked out our favors,have our bridal party picked out, know what flowers we want, and a guest list pretty much figured out. Last week we also took our engagement pictures.

Post # 19
1109 posts
Bumble bee

We’re getting married 6/13/14! So excited and can’t wait!! I’ve been dreaming of my wedding with my Fiance since I was 16!  We laid in bed the night he proposed and decided on the date lol. I have everything picked out, but we’re getting the money together 🙂

Post # 20
36 posts
Newbee

Our date is set for September 12, 2014!

We have the church, venue, band, and photographer booked. I just bought a wedding planning binder and put all of our paperwork together.

We are definitely ahead of the game, but getting the more important stuff (venue, photog, music) out of the way is definitely a relief! There was another couple that put a deposit down for the same band on the same date, but since we held that date first, we got first pick to book… so that just goes to show you that it’s never really “too early” to start planning/booking. 

Next stop… invitations and shopping around for good pricing on flowers! I won’t be dress shopping until September of this year. 

Post # 21
3552 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

We’re getting married on our 8th anniversary, so the date was super important for booking things. We’ve got the ceremony location and venue booked as well as a custom menu worked out with the caterer. I’m contacting the officiant we would like this week as well as getting some quotes from photographers. Having all this time to plan is a good thing because we don’t get back home very often. I also bought a vase this weekend to start growing my trial centerpiece. I like that I have two growing seasons, so I get to test it this year and do it for real next year. I wish it was time to go dress shopping but I probably won’t be doing that until winter. At least I have plenty of time to lose weight before I even try on dresses.

Post # 22
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014
Post # 23
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Our day is June 1 2014 and I am super excited can’t wait I just booked my venue I already made my guestlist I’m ready to start looking at dresses I no what my colors are going to be I no time flies the last thing I want to do is be rushing to get things done 

Post # 24
30 posts
Newbee

Another Sept 2014 wedding here!  Except…we haven’t done anything yet haha.  I’m impressed with all you super planners!!

Post # 25
486 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

May 2014…so spring/early summer! We really haven’t done anything yet haha. We have about a million other things going on right now lol.

Post # 26
297 posts
Helper bee

We’re getting married September 2014 and pretty much everything is planned. By the time we got engaged I had already picked out vendors, dresses, flowers, etc. So the engagement was pretty much just my green light to start taking action. I would suggest booking things as soon as you can. You can never be TOO early, and some vendors book up very quickly.

Post # 27
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
@RoseGoldBride:  yayyy we are date twins!!

we are pretty much ahead of ourselves too. We’ve booked chapel, venue, photographer, videographer, held the florist, booked the make up artist, our wedding cars, band and dj, everything that really can be booked so early. I feel like invitations are going to be a nightmare, I have yet to see any I really like, but lots of time to worry. I have my brothers wedding 5 weeks before my wedding wer I’m Bridesmaid or Best Man and my fiances sister gets married 4 weeks before that, so its going to be a crazy time!! 

Post # 28
2187 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

We’re just about to put down a deposit for a reception venue for 5th July 2014! Hoping to get it fixed this week! We have also booked the church for the ceremony on that day.

I can’t believe how much some of you have done already! Next on my list after booking the venue is choosing the caterers.

Post # 29
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

We have two ceremonies to plan for July-August 2014! One in Germany because FI’s elderly parents can’t get on a plane, and one here in New York. He and his mom will handle most of the German one. On the New York side I have picked out my dress already (I feel like I jumped the gun a bit, but I know it’s the one!) And we are looking at venues this week.

Post # 30
550 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

Nov. 8th 2014

I have a venue (includes catering) photographer, church, and my dress all selected and ready to go. I am also in the process of finalizing my own centerpieces and I will but the materials (vase, water beads, ect) slowly over time! Plenty of Michaels coupons will help the price tag 😉

By all means, plan away!! That way you can spend money on items slowly over time, and not having to buy everything over one expenseive summer!!

Post # 31
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

we’re getting married on May 2014. Bought our wedding band, picked our wedding theme and color so far that’s all we got going haha… FH is pretty busy trying to finish college this spring and working full time… so much stuff going had to go through ectopic pregnancy two months ago so waiting to fully heal then hopefully will get to the planning pretty soon 🙂

The topic ‘Any summer or Fall 2014 Brides out there!?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors