(Closed) Any Tara Keely 2200 brides!

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 182
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@BrittanyAnne:  Omg I’m so sorry to hear, I’m sure it will look great after the 2nd seamstress is done…sounds like the 1st one did not know what she was doing.

I wanted to see if that could be done to my dress BC I wanted the poof higher but now I will pass – thanks for sharing & keep us posted

Post # 183
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@BrittanyAnne:  Oh no!! That is horrible.  It sounded like an odd way to shorten the dress.  I hope it ends up working out for you, which I’m sure it will.

I had my second dress fitting yesterday and my dress finally fits me!  It’s even more gorgeous!  I’m so excited.  Forgot to take pics, but I’ll post some after the 3rd fitting.  I only had the underneath layers hemmed, and a lot of it taken in on the sides, and cups put in.  The cups are great so I don’t have to wear a bra, but I’m also thinking about adding a silicone insert to give my little boobs a boost.  Would love input if anyone else has tried this.

Post # 184
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@LtotheZ:  I had cups sewn in but also used some silicone cups to give a little boost.  Totally recommend!

Post # 185
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Did anyone have trouble debating between this dress and the Dakota?

Post # 186
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@archie2oliver:  I had more trouble deciding between it and enzoani Diana

Post # 187
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@archie2oliver:  omg! I did!! It was down to Dakota or Tara keely 2200 and I just could not decide! In the end I went for tara keely as I felt that it had a bit of everything that I wanted in a wedding dress. I always loved Dakota and kept looking at pictures of it worrying if I had made the right choice but after wearing my dress on our wedding day i’m so glad I chose it. I’m just upset I won’t get to wear it again!!! 

Post # 188
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Ladies – Thanks so much for the reply.  I put money down in the Dakota, but now thinking about trying on the Tara Keely.  Lace seems to be really popular so I’m glad I’m going in the right direction at least :-).  The only thing that has me nervous about the Tara Keely is how it bunches up in the front on some people.  I’m definitely going to go and try it on though. I also love the Alvina Valenti 9350. It looks similar to the Tara Keely.  What’s a woman to do!!!!

Post # 189
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@archie2oliver:  I definitely think dakota had more structure, I remember feeling very ‘pulled in’ and shaped with the boning. I had extra boning in my tara keely added by my seamstress to keep it smoother over my waist and hips. It was a very comfortable dress to wear 

Post # 190
20 posts
Newbee

@klovesd:  Can I ask what kind/brand of inserts you got?

Post # 191
20 posts
Newbee

@klovesd:  Also, do you have any wedding photos to post?  I’d love to know what you ended up with for accessories.  I am trying to choose mine now.  All I have is the necklace and veil.  I also didn’t go with the flower sash, so I need a belt!

Post # 192
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I love that there’s a forum for this!

I ordered the Tara Keely about two months ago and I’m still waiting for it to come in! Seeing all of you beautiful ladies wearing it makes me even more excited about my choice, it is truly a beautiful gown. 

I ordered the hollow to hem sizing so that I wouldn’t need it shortened later. I don’t remember there being much boning in the bodice and I know i was concerned about any wrinkling or bunching. The consultant suggested wearing a corset or shapewear underneath instead of adding boning (which sounds like a big process). I have not decided on what to do yet, I may just bring some shapewear (I saw some at David’s Bridal?) for the first fitting and see what it looks like, as well as talk to the seamstress there.

I am also wanting to add buttons down the back zipper for a little detail. The consultant said it would be easy to do and they would not be functional. 

I’m still debating on which belt to buy, I decided on getting a more blingy belt instead of the flowery one that is suggested for it. Still deciding on how much money to spend! The only i’m leaning towards is $565 and I feel like thats crazy! I’m thinking of having a fingertip length veil. Anyone else using a veil?? Any suggestions where to buy?

Post # 193
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hi ladies: getting married this Friday woo. About the dress, when you try it on make sure your seamstress measures around your hips when you sit!! Also regarding the belt, my seamstress said a bling belt draws atention to your waist annotables away from your face.  Just an FYI. I love the original belt. Love it. 

Post # 194
20 posts
Newbee

@Cavrose:  Thanks for the info!  My last fitting is in a week and I haven’t even thought about trying to sit down in it!!

When I bought the dress they didn’t even have/tell me about the belt until I checked out!  So I am purchasing one.  I planned on getting something very thin though, like .5″ wide.  My fav part of the dress is the curves in my waist/hips so I don’t want to cover it up!

Post # 195
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@BrittanyAnne:  Hi Brittany! I am interested to know how your dress came out??

Post # 196
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Where is everyone purchasing their veils from? If using one!

The topic ‘Any Tara Keely 2200 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors