(Closed) Any Tara Keely 2200 brides!

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 47
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
@klovesd:  I decided not to buy the belt either mostly due to price. Found a blingy belt for 100 or so on preownedweddingdresses.com. woot!

Post # 48
1010 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
@dancingriss:  The belt was a separate price? :O/ That makes me wonder….

Post # 49
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
@Lepidoptera:  they offered me the dress + belt price initially, but they knew i didn’t like it so that was when they told me the dress price without the belt

Post # 50
1010 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@dancingriss:  That really annoys me because she told me the belt came with the dress, period. I will have to tell them something when i go for my first fitting. Thats just ridiculous. Im going to put a reminder on my phone. Yell

Post # 51
3339 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

I also chose this dress, although I’m wearing the belt from 2206 instead (pictured below).

I’m in love with it!!  It’s sooo gorgeous!  I never thought I could pull off a mermaid gown, but surprisingly this looks amazing on me!  I’m a street size 6.  I’m having an extremely hard time trying to decide how to wear my hair and how to accessorize it. I found a cathedral veil that matches the bottom of the dress perfectly!  So that part is done.

But how to wear my hair: all up or half up/half down?  I have long, dark brown, naturally wavy hair.  Should I go with a bejeweled headpiece?  A string of crystals interwoven in my hair?  Real flowers or one big flower?  I’m at a complete loss.  Please help!

Post # 52
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
@Christy42213:  this is my dress too! I am thinking of ordering the same belt for the reception. I plan to wear my hair up, as I want to show off my back, and the back of the dress. Plus, I can’t hold a curl to save my life 🙂 . Where did you find the veil? Does it have the same thickness of the horse’s hair? This is the closest I’ve found so far: http://www.stylemepretty.com/lookbook/laura-jayne-bridal/accessories/denyse

Post # 53
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Hi klovesd and christy42213, i hope I’m not thread jacking!

I tried his dress on today after falling for it in this thread, and i wondered if anyone could tell me about how much shape the boning gives and how supportive it is in the bust (my bust is 40”). The sample dress was wayyy to small, I couldn’t get the zip up so am a bit nervous of taking the plunge. 

Thanks!

Post # 54
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@gembear:  Unfortunately I won’t be able to answer your question, as I have the opposite problem to you with respect to the bust and am having cups put in! I don’t remember if there was any boning. Maybe some of the brides from this post whose weddings have passed can comment?

Post # 55
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hello,

In my opinion I wouldn’t say the dress is hugely supportive. Although the dress is boned it doesn’t feel very structured. I almost went for enzoani Dakota and that was very very supportive, everything felt held in! I have still gone for this dress though:) hope this helps x

Post # 56
3339 posts
Sugar bee

@klovesd:  My veil looks exactly like that except it’s cathedral length.  I don’t know the name of it because the sales lady just stuck it on me in the store and I fell in love with it and told her to add it to the order.  I can find out though (the store is closed today or I’d just call now).  Are you wearing any accessories in your updo? 

@gembear:  The dress has boning, but that adds structure to the sides of the dress not the bust area.  The boning ends at just under the natural waist.  I’m actually having more boning put in to go farther down because the dress keeps riding up and catching on the belt.  I’m also having the sides of the bust taken in a little bit because it sticks off my chest.  I’m a 32C.  The largest part of my bust is 36.  It definitely does not provide lifting support.  I’m either going to have cups put in or I’ll find a low-back strapless bra.

Post # 57
1010 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@klovesd:  

View original reply
@Christy42213:  

View original reply
@helenbee81:  

View original reply
@gembear:  

View original reply
@dancingriss:  

Have any of you decided on a necklace with the dress? I was thinking for my fiance to buy me a pendant necklace to wear on our wedding day but now Im thinking it may be just too busy! What do you think? I replaced the belt with a hand beaded swarovski crystal belt by Sareh Nouri. 

I am also having trouble with how to do my hair. I have broad shoulders so I was thinking half up half down. 

My veil is a Mantila lace cathedral veil with a blusher.

Note: Ive lost 15 pounds since this picture was taken. When Iwent into my fitting she pinned the crap out of my dress becuase she had to cut 4 inches off of my dress. I just hope the dress fits better when I try it on the second time in January! I was ready to cry it was so big. I kept saying, what have I done! :O(

Post # 58
3339 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@Lepidoptera:  I’m opting to wear big earrings instead of a necklace.  I agree that a necklace would just be too much for this dress.  I’m also having trouble trying to decide how to wear my hair, so I’m not going to be much help there!  All I can say is go with your gut.  How do you normally wear your hair?

Don’t worry about the weight loss.  Losing weight is a great thing!!  Seamstresses can work magic during alterations.  Take deep breaths and just don’t do any crazy last minute diet the month before the wedding.  You look gorgeous by the way!!

Post # 59
1010 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Christy42213:  Thats why I feel like I shouldnt wear a necklace! now it makes sense! My earrings are too long and showy for a necklace! Maybe I will jsut have him buy me another more blingier diamond bracelet! Do you have to technically wear your wedding gift on wedding day? hmmm… Good question! I think I will start a poll on that! 

Thank you. I wanted to block my face for privacy reasons of course. I was maybe 15 pounds heavier than I am now in that picture. 

Post # 60
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@Christy42213:  I am leaning towards a fingertip length veil, but would be interested in finding out who makes the veil that your bridal salon ordered for you. Thanks for your help!

View original reply
@Lepidoptera:  I also think a necklace would be too much, and I will likely be wearing larger earrings. I plan on wearing my hair up, mostly because I have very fine hair that doesn’t hold a curl very well, but also because I want to show off the back of the dress. And like Christy42213, please don’t stress about weight fluctuations – it will fit beautifully when the seamstress finishes with it!

Post # 61
9 posts
Newbee

Hi Ladies!

I just bought this Dress (Tara Keely 2200)! I LOVE it! I looked for months for real brides in this dress, so here are some images of me in it. I tried on a few different belts. I eneded up going with the larger blingy belt.

But I need your help! I want this veil: http://www.etsy.com/listing/103228366/nwt-3t-fingertip-bridal-wedding-veil-cut?ref=usr_faveitems  BUT I don’t know what color to order it in! I know the bodice is ivory, but I feel like the skirt is a lighter color. Here are the colors to choose from: White, Silk White, Diamond White, Ivory, Light Ivory, Champagne, Shimmer White, Shimmer Ivory, Beige. Which would you pick to match this dress?

And does anyone know how many monts before the wedding my dress should arrive so I can do my fittings? I heard that Lazaro/Tara Keely dresses tend to come in last minute.

This is the belt I ended up choosing:

The topic ‘Any Tara Keely 2200 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors