(Closed) Any Tara Keely 2200 brides!

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 62
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@BrittanyAnne:  I would go with light ivory, but it is hard to decide if they don’t have photos of each color.  Maybe you can email the Etsy owner and ask for more photos.  Although since the dress is ivory I do think the light ivory would be a good choice. 

Good luck!

Post # 63
20 posts
Newbee

I bought this gown yesterday and am in love!  I also had sizing issues because of my hips.  I’m usually a 4-6 and according to the Tara Keely size chart my bust and waist are a 6 but my waist is between a 10 and 12.  They persuaded me to get the 12 since I can get it altered down but I’m still so nervous! That number scares me, but it looks like others have had the same experience so I’m a little more at ease.

On another note I see a lot of you are wearing cathedral style veils, is anyone doing anything different? Like a birdcage maybe?  My wedding is outdoors in the mountains and I am debating on a birdcage and or just a a flower/feather combo in my hair.  I want to make it look a little more vintage-esque.  Ideas?

Post # 64
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
@LtotheZ: My venue is also outdoors. I had always envisioned wearing a birdcage veil on my wedding day, but once I chose this dress, I just didn’t think a birdcage would suit it. The dress doesn’t seem vintage to me – much more of a soft, romantic feel. So I have decided to wear a fingertip length veil, with a horsehair ribbon at the end similar to the bottom of the dress (very much like what BrittanyAnne is wearing in her last photo). I think I will also have a flower in my hair for the reception once I remove veil. Hope that helps!

View original reply
@BrittanyAnne: You look amazing in the dress! I was told it will take 5 months to come in.

Post # 65
26 posts
Newbee

@LtotheZ:  I just bought this dress but I’m bony a huge fan of the veil so I will be wearing this birdcage…. 

Post # 67
3339 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2013 - Rhode Island

View original reply
@BrittanyAnne:  Wow, you have my dream body!  LOL!  But seriously, you look amazing!!  As for the veil, can you contact the etsy vendor and get some swatches?  With that many color options, I think it may be really difficult to get the exact right shade without comparing it to the dress in person.  Photos on a computer screen will vary because of monitors, so that’s not really going to help either.  You need swatches.  (I love that veil by the way!)  I ordered my dress in June or July and got it in October.  So, it came pretty fast in my opinion.

View original reply
@klovesd:  So sorry!  I completely forgot about the veil!  Here it is (I bought it 110″ long, with the 2nd layer/blusher, and 1″ trim):

http://saragabriel.com/collection/veils/products/251-phoebe-veil

Post # 68
111 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

Beautiful dress! Love it

Post # 69
26 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@mdserrano:  hey! I was wondering if you had any pics of you in your dress? I just bought the Tara keely 2200 ands I’m nervous about how it will look because I’m only 5’2″. Thanks!

Post # 70
26 posts
Newbee

Any more pics of brides in their Tara keely 2200?

Post # 72
20 posts
Newbee

Post # 73
1010 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
@LtotheZ:  This picture made me fall in love with my dress all over again!!!!!!!!!! SO AMAZING ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 74
569 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@WMJ:  I lovethis !! I tried it on but it wasn’t right for me, but its sooooo pretty!!! 

Post # 75
20 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@Lepidoptera:  Aw thank you!  Now all I have to do is figure out ALL of my accessories!  That thing around my waist ended up being a headband! lol.  And a $500 one at that.  They never even showed me the belt that comes with it, so I didn’t buy it.  Need to find a belt/sash.  Really thinking of finding a belt on Etsy to save $$ if anyone has recommendations..

Dress should be here in May!  Then a ton of alterations since I had to order a 12 for my hips but my waist/bust is a TK size 8.  Also trying to make the back look more like a V.

Post # 76
1010 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
@LtotheZ:  Went in for my second fitting today! She added the bustel in the back. I wanted everyone to see how they do the bustle! I feel as though the boobs are still too low. She’s adding boning to the dress to help keep the dress up.There is practically NO SUPPORT on this dress for big boobs!

The topic ‘Any Tara Keely 2200 brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors