(Closed) Sucky IRS letter – Any Tax Accountant type Bees out there?

posted 7 years ago in Money
Post # 4
18637 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2009

Do they give you a reason for why you owe the extra amount?  There should be some type of description of why they think you owe.  If there isn’t, call them on the phone and ask them why they think you owe more.

It’s a good idea to have a copy of the return with you when talking to them.  It might be your mistake but it could also be a problem with them entering it into the system.

Post # 5
8353 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2011

I am not an accoutant, but I think you should call the IRS and have them explain why you owe them. It should be stated in the letter, but maybe they could explain it more fully over the phone. If it turns out you really do owe them, they can set up payment arrangements for you.

Post # 6
2522 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Did they indicate why?  Usually they’ll say that you miscalculated somewhere or didn’t indicate income when you earned it.  I suggest you find a tax preparer to sort this out.  Did someone else prepare your taxes?  If someone else did, I think you should talk to them.

Post # 7
5654 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2011

agree with pp… also get out your 09 return along with this years and look it over… have it with you when you call them also, they may be able to take you to the mistake?….

The topic ‘Sucky IRS letter – Any Tax Accountant type Bees out there?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors