(Closed) Any trustworthy “Day of Coordinators” for around $1000?

posted 7 years ago in Cincinnati
Post # 3
531 posts
Busy bee

I assume you’re getting married in Cinci but live in IL? I haven’t had much luck, either, for that price. Plus, I had a friend with a horror story about a DOC she hired. We wound up asking an aunt who really wanted to be involved in the planning but who we didn’t really want to be involved, you know? But, one of her wonderful features is that she butts in and fixes things when they need to be fixed and though we kept turning down her offers, she has the $$ to fix things if they need to be taken care of and we can pay her back later (though she probably won’t let us). I am working on a very detailed binder for her with contract copies, phone numbers, backup numbers, etc. – she runs her own business and is very organized. We are taking the money and buying her a nice gift. I would never feel comfortable asking a friend to do this but when my FH suggested this might be a nice way to get  his Aunt Wants to Help off our backs and solve the DOC dilemma, I said great! Maybe you have a similar person? Good luck!

Post # 4
Hostess
14027 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@ksutt7711: Are you a Cincinnati or Chicago bride?

Post # 6
Hostess
14027 posts
Honey Beekeeper

Can I suggest the i-do boutique? It’s a wedding planning boutique in the O’Bryonville neighborhood. Their full DOC services are a little pricey, but they have some GREAT partial day and a la carte services.

I visited the boutique for their complimentary resources only, but I know they are experts at what they do.

Post # 7
965 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Try CRAIGSLIST. I got my day-of coordinator there for less than $300. She’s professional and experienced, but works on her own so there are no extra fees.

Im in the Baltimore area.

Post # 8
Hostess
14027 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@coffeekitty: Interesting idea! I might check that out!

The topic ‘Any trustworthy “Day of Coordinators” for around $1000?’ is closed to new replies.

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors