(Closed) Any Turks & Caicos Brides? Need small venue rec’s

posted 9 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
1901 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

My 1st wedding was in T&C, but it was 10 years ago and Provo has changed a lot since then. Where are you having yours?

Post # 5
1901 posts
Buzzing bee

I can’t really make suggestions as to a different venue because everything has changed there. My wedding was at a place on Grace Beach called Allegro but it has since been bought out. I wanted to make sure that you were not getting married at Beaches because that place is overrun with kids.

You will find that you must have patience and not be a perfectionist if you are getting married there. Our minister asked what I did for a living when filling out my paperwork. I told him that I was a massage therapist. Well, I guess he didn’t like that answer because on my T & C marriage license it says my occupation is “Spinster”! My flowers left a lot to be desired and the special champagne that I had asked for never showed up at the ceremony. But all in all, it was beautiful and everyone loved it. I think if you show up on your trip with a small gift for the coordinator and find out what the best way to communicate with her is, things will go smoother. Everything runs on “island time” down there and thats just the way it is.

I highly recommend taking the catamaran trip to go snorkeling from Sail Provo. We did this the day before the wedding and everyone loved it. It was the highlight of the trip.

Good luck with your planning! If you have any other questions, just send me a private message. Can’t wait to see your pics!

Post # 7
1901 posts
Buzzing bee

For the Sail Provo trip, I coordinated with everyone to pay their portion. Their was only 11 of us, but we ended up having the boat to ourselves. Another trip that was great was a snorkel & site see trip to Malcolm Beach. That was in a motorized boat and they took us to a great snorkel site where they had sunk a dome-shaped cage thing years back after they filmed a movie and now it has coral growing and a ton of fish. Then they took us to Malcolm Beach. You can also get to the beach by jeep if you just want to drive, but back then the road was pretty rough.

I’m so excited for you! You are going to love it there. Good luck with your planning and I’d love to hear how your planning trip goes.

The topic ‘Any Turks & Caicos Brides? Need small venue rec’s’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors