(Closed) Any waiting bees not engaged but have a June 2012 date?

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: Do you think it's bad luck to set a wedding date if your not engaged yet?
    Bad Luck! : (13 votes)
    34 %
    Always Good To Plan Ahead! : (25 votes)
    66 %
  • Post # 3
    71 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: January 2015

Heck no, I don’t think it’s bad.  I had the date picked before we were engaged too ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 4
    289 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2010

i don’t think it’s bad luck. and since your bf is in agreement, i don’t see any problems. Just don’t get your heart absolutely set. So many things can happen, even once you are engaged, that force you to move it.

Post # 5
    83 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

Wow, we must be long lost twins. I too, have been with my Boyfriend or Best Friend for about 5 1/2 years, we have an August 2012 date set (our 7 year anniversary as well, crazy!), and are getting engaged…well I guess that entirely up to him. probably end of the year, or early 2011.

So to answer your question, of course I don’t think it’s weird! Tongue out

Post # 9
    2408 posts
    Buzzing bee

nope, i don’t think it’s bad luck. the mister and i decided on a date in 2012 too even though we’re not formally engaged. it’s good that your boyfriend is in agreement so that should take away any doubt in your mind about it being lucky or not. just go with it!

Post # 10
    493 posts
    Helper bee

i say better safe than sorry. try my situation not engaged yet officially but have a june 2011 date…yes about 8 months away. we have been together 3 and a half years and will be 4 years by the wedding . i didnt want a long engagement. if im correct itll be 6 months approx from the timr were engaged til the wedding. ive pretty much planned the majority. to each their own. 

Post # 11
    238 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

I think it’s such a long time ahead that you may get yourself obsessed with the wedding planning and stress on it before you should. But I think it’s good to have a date in mind and a great idea to talk about it so you can start saving the $ for it.

Post # 12
    7300 posts
    Busy Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

“engaged” means that you have the intent to mrry and you are planning a wedding. You don’t need a ring, but for many of us, that makes it official. We are “engaged” because we have already picked a date, booked a venue, and I have a DIY project list. ^_^

Post # 13
    525 posts
    Busy bee

Not bad luck at all! I can’t believe some people have voted for that! As long as you don’t go booking anything or telling people then I think it’s great to have a set date in mind to work towards, I’m not quite engaged yet but we have both decided that spring 2012 would be perfect for us as we graduate next june. It’s only just over 1 1/2 years.

Post # 14
    2714 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Nope!! I had this date set in my head wayyyy before my Fiance proposed. Like you, we are getting married on our 7 year dating anniversary… Just one week after you!! (How weird is that??)

Fiance and I talked about getting married a lot and I knew that a proposal was coming so I had no problem gathering ideas for our wedding before we were engaged.

Welcome to the bee!

Post # 15
    2317 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

I say once you’re both in agreement with everything go right ahead. Nothing to jinx, the way you describe it you basically decided to get married already at this point the ring is just a technicality. Good luck and welcome to the hive!

Post # 16
    5262 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: June 2012

To me this comes down to – does he agree? 

If you’ve both agreed to get married in June 2012, then to me, you’re engaged. That’s a commitment to get married, and the ring can come later or not at all. It’s a symbol, not the be-all-end-all!

The topic ‘Any waiting bees not engaged but have a June 2012 date?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors