(Closed) Anybody have a 2015 Nissan Rouge or Subaru Forester??

posted 5 years ago in Home
Post # 2
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015 - Drury Lane Oakbrook

MrsFNL:  My parents have a 2015 Forrester and they love it!

Post # 3
654 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I’m also looking- following!

I personally like the Subaru Crosstrex and MINI Countryman. Ford CMAX Hybrid is in my bunch too.  I’m a few months off for buying, if not longer, but I’m interested to hear the opinions.  I want good gas mileage, so that’s a big driving factor.

Post # 5
6107 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2013

I don’t have either one of those or no one who does but I’m throwing in my suggestion to look at the Toyota Rav-4. My mom just got one and she loves it! I have a 4Runner and my husband has a Tundra so we obviously fully support Toyota lol

Post # 7
2013 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

MrsFNL:  I have a 2015 Forester! It’s a Touring. I traded in my 2013 back in April. I LOVE it. It’s a bit larger (wider and longer) than my 2013, but it didn’t take long to get used to. It gets pretty good gas mileage for an SUV, too. I believe my average MPG is just about 30. It’s also a 2015 Top Safety Pick+, ranked higher than the Rogue, so there’s that. 🙂

Post # 10
789 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

MrsFNL: Not 2015, but I have a 2014 Nissan Rogue SV (new body type). I love it! It’s roomy, but not too big where it feels like driving a 4 wheeler (which I was concerned about, coming from driving an Accord). Mileage is pretty good too! It’s a 4 cylinder.

Post # 11
6107 posts
Bee Keeper

MrsFNL:  what about a 4Runner? I still consider it a mid-sized SUV since it’s smaller than the Highlander. I won’t lie, I got a used 2001 4Runner in college and never looked back. I traded it in for a 2014 4Runner. That’s pretty much the only SUV I’ll ever buy now haha

Post # 12
512 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

Love my Rogue! My mom’s got handed down to me, and she’s bought another last year lol (2014 but still)… I will definitely get one again – or a Murano if I need bigger once I have kids!

Edit: I also love how safe I feel and in control during winter months and bad roads, if that’s applicable to you!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  kristen182.
Post # 14
6107 posts
Bee Keeper

MrsFNL:  Yeah the 4Runner is a 6 cyclinder SUV. It has 2 rows like a mid-size but it has a really good amount of cargo area compared to the RAV4 or other SUVs like that. There is an option for a 3rd row but we didn’t do that. We have no kids and it just didn’t seem worth it. I’d rather have the cargo space. The only downside to the 4Runner is that because it and the Tacoma are Toyota’s most popular/flagship vehicles, they never run specials (like 0% financing or $500 off) on them. But they’re well worth the money in my opinion.

Post # 15
Bee
389 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012 - El Faro Convention center, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico

We traded in our 2013 AWD Ford Escape Titanium for a 2015 AWD Nissan Rouge S a little over one month ago. 

2013 AWD Ford Escape Titanium

PROS

Very sporty, feels very light when driving

Quick acceleration and ride

Small but with large cargo space

CONS

Too many recalls

Bad gas mileage (Never got over 20mpg)

Front seats get uncomfortable with long rides

2015 Nissan Rouge S

CONS

Larger than the Escape

Less features since bought the basic trim vs the max trim we had on the Escape

Heavier, slower accelaration

PROS

So much roomier inside!

Front seats are super comfortable for long rides

Back seat is very large and comfortable for adults

Optional 3rd row (Which we chose and is the main reason for switching cars. It’s very small but works great when we’re hauling our friends or out of town family for a weekend )

Inside looks very premium 

Good gas milage (Averaging 25.5 mostly driving in the city but went up to 37 on a recent drive from Ohio to Tennessee.

The topic ‘Anybody have a 2015 Nissan Rouge or Subaru Forester??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors