(Closed) Anyone bought dress from buyer100.com?

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I haven’t heard of that particular site, but I know a lot of the replica dress sites are pretty hit or miss – most of the reviews I’ve heard resulting in someone pleased with their dress, the bride wasn’t very picky to begin with, and even though she was okay with the dress she received, it wasn’t exactly what she’d envisioned.

I’d say check the return policy, see if you can get fabric samples ahead of time, and leave yourself plenty of time in case you need to buy a second dress in the event the first doesn’t work out.

Post # 4
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2010

I was considering Buyer100.com as well, but when I did some research on the web I found A LOT of negative reviews from consumers.  I think it’s great if you can find some possitve info on them, but I changed my mind after reading the info that is out there about them.

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Hi! I was looking at this website, too. I found a lot of pos and neg reviews. I’m a little iffy but might decide to try it and if its not what I like, I guess buy another dress. 

The only neg reviews are that they sometimes send the wrong dress and wont refund your money. The site I found had more pos than neg reviews all together.

If you decide to buy, please let me know who it turns out. I would really appreciate it!

Post # 6
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Hmmm… after a little research I did find more bad reviews than good ones. Please be careful before buying anything online from a person or company you don’t know too much about.

Post # 7
407 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Holy shady post! No other posts by Lamoon – sounds just like the grammar from the fake positive reviews about this company I found online. I was just looking into buyer.com, but I think not.

Post # 8
114 posts
Blushing bee

yep I AM ONE OF THE BRIDES IT WAS SO SAD,,BOTH TIMES THEY GOT IT WRONG,,I am so glad I sold it but lost a great deal money..

Post # 9
5890 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: May 2012

haha how transparent are the positive reviews!  suspicious much?

Post # 10
570 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I would definitely not do it. For one, the material that they use on the dresses, in which they say is just like what the designers use, would cost way more than they are trying to sell the dress for. I wouldn’t do it. The closest to an online place that makes dresses for reasonable prices, which would be 1-2k for a designer replica, would be Julius Bridal. I was considering going through them, but I really want my Kenneth Pool, lol.

Post # 11
336 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@June26, you should post pictures of the stock picture on the website, then what you received. I’m kinda curious now…

Post # 12
1051 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

@june26 – wow just yesterday, huh?  A yr and a half before your wedding…

Post # 13
3219 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I got my dress from Lightinthebox.com and LOVE IT. I’m all about shopping online to save some $. But be careful of buying a dress that shows the original photo! I went with LINB because there website has dresses they made and most of them have reviews!

Post # 14
379 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

I bought my dress from thecustomdresses.com and LOVED everything about the experience and couldn’t have been happier with my dress.  Message me if you have any questions!

Post # 15
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@TamiN:

Is there any way that you could send me a picture of your dress?

Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2009

Hello,

I’m new on this forum and I registered specifically to warn everybody thinking about buying from buyer100.com NOT TO DO IT.

I’m from Croatia and when I planned my wedding I had very limited budget. Over the years I shopped online I never had any bad experience so I decided (naively) to try with buyer100.com.

I ordered a dress I’ve tried on in one of bridal boutiques (Pronovias Manuel Mota Tirso, 2010 collection). I’ve exchanged around 70 e-mails with this company. In one of first e-mails I asked them what material the dress is and they lied to me and said that the material is exactly the same as the original one.

I send them money through Western Union and they send me complete disaster of what was supposed to be my wedding dress. It was made out of cheapest synthetic and it stinked like cheap plastic. I was so dissappointed!

I tried to sell it, nobody wanted it and I pleaded with them to allow me to return it because they didn’t want to at first. I sent it, payed all my postal fees (which were not very cheap) and they have been stalling me ever since – it’s been four months now since I returned the dress!

And the money they were supposed to return was 1/4 of total price so you can see how it ‘payed off’ for me…

Sorry for such a long post, but I want to warn everyone not to shop with buyer100.com because they are liars and cheats.

The topic ‘Anyone bought dress from buyer100.com?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors