(Closed) Anyone else a student & ever ‘skip’ class?

posted 7 years ago in College
Post # 3
6892 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

Lol. I was terrible in Undergrad! I would check the syllabus to see how many “I could get away with.” Don’t feel bad, we all feel a tad overwhelmed with life sometimes.

“Mental Health Day.” πŸ™‚

Post # 4
3012 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Oh yeah, but like you, I would feel guilty unless I was sick.  It’s okay to skip once in awhile.  Just can’t make a habit out of it.  πŸ™‚

Post # 5
206 posts
Helper bee

@Luxuryshoegal88: I ran into a prof at the grocery store the other day for one of my smaller classes… he jokingly told me that it seems like he sees me more outside of class than in. Haha. Jerk.

I think that so long as your grades  don’t suffer you are allowed to make adult decisions about whether you attend or not some days.

Post # 6
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Depends on the class. I once skipped an entire month of a 50 person lecture. I caught hell for it, but the prof really couldn’t argue when I showed up and aced the test. The majority of the class that dutifully attended yet did not do as well on the test glared at me when he decided to loudly announce that.

I hate classes like that, though. I’m paying tuition money and I expect to be learning something, dammit. I’d rather not skip classes, but if they strike me as beneath me or sometimes, like in your case, stuff comes up, I will take a personal day. I haven’t yet in grad school since I am on assistanceship and I feel like they are practically paying me to go to school.

Post # 7
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Eh don’t feel badly about it.  I did in college….although always make to sure I was under the allowable amount of classes to miss hah.  I also would skip classes sometimes for grad school when I was feeling overwhelmed by full time work with classes at night.  Everyone needs a day off to recover. 

Post # 9
1872 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Honey, as a prof. I can tell you that I MUCH prefer the students who cut on occasion than those who come to every class and spend the entire time chatting/texting/sleeping whatever πŸ™‚

Post # 11
2463 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

i’m in grad school now getting a phd and haven’t skipped class once…and in undergrad too i very rarely skipped. in between though i took some french classes, not for any credit, and skipped a ton since i was working full-time and such.

Post # 12
1398 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I skipped constantly. If I had a certain amount I was allowed out, you better believe I took it. My senior year of highschool? Almost never there, or I took half days. still managed to graduate with an A average, don’t ask me how that happened… I wouldn’t have put up with me πŸ˜›

Post # 13
7695 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: August 2010

I skipped a lot of class in college. Ahh I miss those days of not having to call in sick!!

Post # 14
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I skipped some classes in undergrad, but very rarely. In grad school, I haven’t skipped any. I always figure I’m paying so much for tuition, I may as well show up and try my best.

Post # 15
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

i skipped as often as possible without having my profs made at me. smaller class = went more. large class = only went when necessary. that’s the plus about going to a large college with giant general requirement classes. loved going to my smaller classes with sections though.

and i never felt guilty as long as i knew my grades weren’t going to suffer for it.

The topic ‘Anyone else a student & ever ‘skip’ class?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors