(Closed) Anyone else a student & ever ‘skip’ class?

posted 10 years ago in College
Post # 16
1892 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m in my last semester of grad school… I skipped class on Monday!

Post # 17
4136 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

of course! who hasn’t?

Post # 18
1600 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I used to skip allll the time. Now I take the bus 2 hours each way to get to campus, so it’s not worth my time to skip, but if I’m really not feeling up to it I’ll just skip the whole day.

Post # 19
3613 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

LOL, as an undergrad me showing up to a class was the exception rather than the rule. I went to campus everyday but I spent most of my day playing cards in the cafeteria or sunning myself on the lawn and people watching. I once showed up to a final exam and had to ask the professor if it was the right class because I didn’t know who he was! I skipped some classes during my MBA too but less. Unfortunately the classes were smaller and absences were usually noticable. I did show up to some classes after a night of partying, still smelling like booze and dressed in my clubbing gear. God I miss those days – feels like a different lifetime now!

Post # 20
3941 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Oh my, I never went to class.  Lord knows how i graduated in 4 years. 

Post # 21
3253 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I worked night shifts while I was in college, so I did skip occasionally.

However, I went to a pretty small liberal arts school, so I couldn’t skip as often as you ladies attending larger colleges. We had about twenty people in a class, so it was pretty noticeable if I was MIA! 🙂 lol

Post # 22
1518 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

guilty. Most my classes in undergrad required attendance or they were all back to back so it was less convenient to skip but that last class of the day seemed to always be the one i would end up skipping! 

Post # 23
7429 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

I used to, my school was about 20 miles away through the city, and I went at night, so it was rush hour when I was going to class.  So sometimes, I would just not go.  I was so glad when I had online classes!!

Post # 24
1480 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Oh man… I skipped all the freaking time in undergrad as long as it was allowed. I grudgingly attended all the mandatory attendance classes. Law school was a rude awakening. 🙁

Post # 25
2819 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Nope. I paid for those classes, and I damn well got my money’s worth. (Plus, I would feel waaaaay too guilty if I skipped!)

Post # 26
5408 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2014

I don’t usually, only if I miss the bus (it takes an hour to get to school on the bus even though it’s 5 minutes in a car!) or if I have a million papers due and have no time to finish them haha. This term I have 3 days off though because 2 of my days are really full, so I don’t really need to take “personal days” 😉

Post # 27
861 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I skipped today too!!  I was up late studying last night and had two exams today… I skipped the middle for a meal.  Sometimes you just can’t fit it in… as long as it doesn’t dramatically damage your grade (I’m sure it won’t)… you’re fine!!  

Post # 28
1251 posts
Bumble bee

Some classes I skip often, some I skip never. I can’t ever miss my language class, and it’s every day!

Post # 29
2408 posts
Buzzing bee

i skipped my fair share in undergrad, well, the larger lecture classes where the prof didn’t know my name [those happened to be all the classes for my general ed classes, all the profs for the classes required for my major knew me] and didn’t feel guilty about it. though i didn’t skip any classes in grad school except for the one time i had the flu. since we only met once a week, i would have missed a ton

Post # 30
857 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

Oh heck yes. I live 2 hours from my school (it’s the closest one to me!) and they really don’t care about commuters so I’ve gotten literally stuck in a couple of recent blizzards and just said “Eff it!” Winter and commuting is one of the main reasons I dropped out of school the first time. So far most of my teachers have been really understanding, and said, “Oh, this is an EXCUSED absence,” because it only counts against you if its unexcused, and since I have to email a summary of my analysis in anyway, they know I’m doing the homework. But one of my history teachers is ticking me off because he doesn’t want me to do poorly in the class with all the snow days I’ve had to take. Um, sir, your tests are essay tests about the concepts, none of which have been something I didn’t know already… You’ve only taught me which dorm at this school hosts the most parties so far, and its not like I’m skipping for kicks… Silly gen-eds, thinking they are oh-so-important.

The topic ‘Anyone else a student & ever ‘skip’ class?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors