(Closed) Anyone else doing a 10,000 budget??

posted 10 years ago in Money
Post # 17
248 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Mine looks like it will be $10K not counting honeymoon or party in FIL’s hometown (since we still have no plans for those). 

Venue: $1700 this was the most important thing for me

Chairs and Tables: $800 because we have to get separate outdoor and indoor chairs

Caterer: $4000 will with luck include linens and glassware

Alcohol: $800 kegs and box-wine-served-in-carafes, also signature cocktail, maybe champers too

Dessert: $300 our favorites from local restaurants

Dress and Accessories: $500 ariadress.com baby!

Rings: $400-500 e-ring and wedding rings and sizing

Music: free dj as our friend’s gift to us! we’ll get him a gift though, so $100.

Suit: no idea

Photographer: probably a friend, we’ll buy him a tripod, so $150?

Paper: $300 I work for a printing distributor, so getting invites and notes at wholesale prices

Flowers: $100 for goodwill vases and seeds to grow my own flowers

Gifts: $300 probably, ties and pearls or something for bridal party, a nice framed photo for parents and officiant/uncle

I find that I have to constantly remind myself of my priorities because I get carried away so easily and my Fiance has strong feelings about money and good stewardship (see my other post lol) and my mother doesn’t help by offering to pay all the time (with $ she doesn’t have, sigh).  I’m so glad to see other medium-budget brides in here! 

Post # 18
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We started with a $10,000 budget. But then it kind of went up to $15,000. Atleast it didn’t baloon too much but an extra $5,000 is a lot to cover!! We’re trying to keep it there, it’s tough. Man why oh why when you put the word “wedding” infront of anything does it have to cost atleast 3xs more than what it would usually cost?

Post # 19
169 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

We started out with a budget of $7000…..then bumped it to $10k we are at about $12k and refuse to go any higher!!!  Money seems to be the topic of every conversation right now….I am SO sick of it!!  I am a little bitter I guess my parents gave my sister $7000 for her wedding plus her dress….and are only givins us $3000!!  Not fair!  I feel like when I was a kid saying that but its so true!!  My fiance and I have 4 children in our house, 3 together.  It has been a HUGE challenge making this wedding come together and everything is SO expensvie!  I am lucky I have alot of bridesmaids (6) that have been helping out with all my DIY projects….we made the save the dates…..130 of them!  I wanted mercury glass vases for he tables, but they are pricey!  We created a mercury glass finish that looks PERFECT!!!  We are making truffles that are to die for as favors.  Place cards, invitations, fans  You name it we are making it by hand!  Pretty intense with four kids running around!  But I have to admit that I LOVE how everything is turning out and I am so happy we are doing everything DIY

This is our break down:

Ceremony Site: Fort McClary: $10 hows that for a deal!!!

Reception Venue: Clay Hill Farm York Maine: $7500 For 220 people!

Limo: $500

Dj: 500

chair rentals for ceremony: $200

Cake: $300

Photography & video: My Aunt is an AMAZING photographer: $100!!!

Flowers,invites,save the dates,favors,decorations….$1200

Tux rental for myFiance and my two boys:$200

Flower Girl dresses for my two girls:$100

My Dress by Maggie Sottero:$1400

We are very lucky we have a HUGE family alot of them work or know people who work places and got us deals….I dont know what we would have done with out it!

Post # 20
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

my budget was supposed to be $10k but my dad didn’t want to put in “his share” (my parents are divorced) so he’s just paying for the food & dj (my sister whos a cook is doing the food, so that saves a TON of money). We’re still going to end up over budget, probably around $12k if I were guessing (I hate putting it all together because it makes me cringe that we’re spending that much!) Thank god for my amazing Mom! She is the BEST!! 🙂

Post # 21
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We’re working toward 10k, but I think it might be $11. We have 80 people.

Reception (including food, cake, alcohol, taxes and tips)  $4500

Photographer $600 (friends)

DJ $200

Dress (+ Alterations) $1000

Hair $150

Ceremony $400

Officiant (inc counseling) $400

Invites (friend’s gift) $150 (supplies)

Flowers $600

Groomsmen – wearing their own suits

Veil – DIY

Ceremony decor – DIY (tissue paper pomanders – cheap and high impact)

We don’t have postage, transportation, wedding bands and a few others in here — but this is what it looks like right now.

Post # 22
1525 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

We were trying to keep our budget more around 8k but it looks like it might be making its way up to 10k. I feel weird that my wedding isnt until Oct 2011 and I have all this done but in all fairness it was originally scheduled for Oct 2010 and was only postponed a week ago or so

Venue/ Ceremony (flowers officiant, location, transportation to and from for wedding party) – $1000

Photog (2 photog’s, 8 hours, 3 albums, a 16×20 canvas, and hard drive of prints) –    $2200

Reception (dinner, alcohol, wedding cake, dj, centerpieces, taxs and gratuity) – $4000

Post # 23
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

We started with a $10,000 budget but soon realized it is nearly impossible when expecting 300 guests! 🙂 I am DIYing a lot of stuff, so I think we will still end up under $15,000 (not inlcuding our rings).

Post # 24
295 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

We started with $10K for 100 people, but are now more realistically looking at $13K for 130.

Breaks down like this so far:

Caterer: $6500
Cake: $500
Beverages/Beer/Wine: $1100
Venue rental fee: $1500
Venue insurance: $50
Invitations: $450 (including postage)
Marriage license: $85
Officiant fee: $50
Photographer: $1000
Dress: $400
Flowers: $150

…plus another $1000 for the rings, which we just ordered. Still to be covered are whatever Fiance is wearing, any transportation, and any hair/makeup/etc. (but all that will likely be minimal). We’re hoping to come in at just under $13K, of which we’re paying out of pocket for just over half. We’ll see!

Post # 25
42 posts
Newbee

We have a 10k-ish budget, and after perusing the web and finding a blog called ten thousand dollar wedding (on blogspot), we had the inspiration to go find a nice restaurant that could cut out a few of the costs for us. here’s where we are at right now:

ceremony & reception at cuba libre in atlantic city, pre-decorated.

passed hors d’ouvres, steak, chicken, or fish dinner, and dessert stand included. complimentary use of sound system with purchase of $300 dj, includes complimentary admission to their friday night ‘salsa club’ (4 hours after reception) for all 100 guests. because we were willing to have an afternoon reception we are getting full use of the main floor of the restaurant, with dj booth, dance floor, and bar, all tables, silverware, etc included, and they said if we like we can also have the ceremony there. includes open beer, wine, and SANGRIA <3 which is great because the future last name starts with an S, so we were looking for a “signature cocktail” of sorts to pass out!!

The nicest part is that now when people ask how to help or what gifts to get us, we have a good plan for them to contribute to the wedding…one friend is hiring a professional dancer, my brother is paying for the dj, and we are looking at having a friend take photos. It takes a village, right?

Post # 26
324 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

my 10k budget as follows:

1700-venue

caterer- 2800

dress-800

makeup and hair and accessories-500

decor – 650

stationary-200

music-600

photographer-1200

videographer-600

favors-100

cake-250

linens-300

alcohol-350 (venue allows bring your own)

bridesmaids flowers-180

day of coordinator- 400

so I’m a tiny bit over.  $400 ish

all this for about 75 guests..and lots of planning, negotiating and shopping around ! and some diy from fifty flowers

Post # 27
3315 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Our budget was $10,000.  Just to add to the fun:

• We live in the DC area, which is a high cost area.  The average wedding around here is between $68,384 and $113,974, not even counting engagement ring or honeymoon.
  • Because we are a same-sex couple, we had to get married in MA.  Because we weren’t members of a MA synagogue, we had to pay the higher nonmember rates for both rabbi and synagogue.  Those two items alone used up $3,000 of our budget.
  • We rented a large house to provide accommodations for everyone who attended the ceremony in MA  That was another $1,000 right there.
  • Because there were two brides, all the bridal expenses–dresses, alterations, veils, hair, make-up, etc.–got doubled.  Or in the case of hair and make-up, quadrupled, because we each had to get it done once in MA and once in DC.

So basically, we had a budget of under $6,000 for everything besides the rabbi, synagogue, and MA accommodations–rings, dresses, accessories, hair, make-up, photography, music, flowers, stationery, reception venue, food for 60 people, linens, flatware, plates, glassware, decorations, and DIY “photobooth.”  We ended up within a few hundred dollars of our goal, but it was a challenge!  Budget is here, if you are interested.

Post # 28
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2008

My budget started out as 10,000 but we’ve since re evaluated and made it into trying to keep it under 13,000.

Our dinner and photog are taking up the most right now, with 5000 for caterer and 4000 for the photographer. Those will be our two biggest expenses, and everything else will fit into the remaining 4 grand 🙂

Post # 29
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Mine is $10.000 and so far we are on track.

Photography: $500

Dress: $799

Ceremony Rental: Got connections so free! (Just tips)

DJ: $850.00

Cake: $150.00

Bridesmaid or Best Man Dress: $240

Flower Girl Dress: $40

Invites: $35

Decor, centerpeices, chair covers: $300

Flowers: $350

Rings: $600 (groom getting a cheapie)

Tux rentals: $200

Favours: $65

Church Rental: By donation, probably a few hundred or so also need some to pay the pianist.  Inlaws are paying for this part anyways.

We will have 120 guests max and food is about $21 a plate max and that will include midnight snacks.

Open bar.  Booze should be maybe $1500.

I have our wedding budgeted at $10.240.00 but so far we are underbudget on most things so I think we should be good!

Post # 30
345 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

my 8500 budget is as follows:

venue: 4870 for rental, DJ, wedding coordinator, and catering. i found a great all inclusive venue =) and the best part i negotiated ALL fees…so the fee increases or decreases depending on the headcount. but the most it will cost is 4870

photog: 1250

dress: 750

cake: 400

invites: $100

flowers: $1000

i still have a few things…like favors…but it should stay unde 8500

Post # 31
25 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Though we haven’t really set out a specifically outlined budget, we’re aiming for around $10,000 (and praying we are under that!).  So far we have been blessed with a friender for the DOC, e-pics, trash-the-dress session, officiant, caterer and baker.  We are also going to DIY almost everything, including the flowers.  We’ve done alot of our shopping at Goodwill and Salvation Army, dollar stores and wherever we can get a deal (Craigslist and garage sales have been great!).  So far, we’ve booked the venue for $2000 an dthe photographer for $900.

The topic ‘Anyone else doing a 10,000 budget??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors