(Closed) Anyone else getting married on 13/7/2013?

posted 8 years ago in July 2013
Post # 17
505 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Another July 13th bride here! We just booked the church (I teach at a Catholic school and it’s the church there Smile) and we’re looking into venues. Happy planning date twins!

Post # 18
284 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We are July 13, 2013 too! 13 is our “lucky #” (engaged on our 13 month anniversary on Friday the 13th). Happy Planning bees ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 19
505 posts
Busy bee

Have any of you lovely ladies started dress shopping yet? I feel like it’s still so far away but I want to start looking- this is the best part! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 20
6 posts
Newbee

Hi ladies!!! I too, am a 7.13.13 bride!!!!! Wink @evylise #13 is also my absolute favorite number, so I am beyond thrilled to be getting married on the 13th in ’13!! 

So how’s everyone’s wedding planning coming along? I got engaged on 3/30/12 (his birthday) & I feel like I’ve gotten nothing accomplished. I am so frustrated I could literally pull out my hair! ๐Ÿ™ I think I’m mainly tired of trying to find the “most bang for our buck” and just make a decision already!! Lol All of the online research & venue visting is driving me insane. It seems like the more choices we make available to ourselves, prolongs the decision process? Is anyone else experiencing this? Cry

Post # 21
3728 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
@iBDancinPretty:  I found the opposite– I feel that we have done too much and there is little left. It is sad, I like to plan! We are both decisive people and we had the venue, church, priest, guest list, and budget within 2 weeks. We have also booked the photographer, found our cupcake baker, designed our website, figured out favors, figured out hair people, registered, had our e-pics done, ordered our save the dates, and picked out my FI’s suit. We are meeting with the priest to start pre-cana tomorrow (a word to fellow catholics, marrying outside your diocese with an unaffiliated priest is not a simple process) and I am getting my dress Saturday.

To answer the obvious, I did not start really planning before we got engaged (well I did, but Fiance vetoed the church I wanted (his hometown church) had a different location in mind that was much more me). So everything was from scratch.

The best advice I got was that not to worry about having the best wedding. If we find a vendor we like and they are available and in budget, we book it and don’t look back. I am sure I could have saved a couple of bucks by looking around, but I also might lose out on great vendors who would get booked. I was more interested in getting a good fit under budget than the best deal. 

Post # 22
3728 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@MrsLoebbs:  I hope to have my dress– we’ll see if my grandmother’s dress fits on Saturday. If it doesn’t, we will be going dress shopping on Saturday anyway! 

Post # 23
16 posts
Newbee

Another 7/13/13 bride here!  We’ve booked the venue (which includes ceremony site), photographer, DJ, and I found my dress.  I have all of my bridesmaids, but my fiance still has to ask 3 of his groomsmen.  We’re going to look at a hotel for accommodations this month (summer tends to book early) and I’m beginning to research florists.  Phew!

Post # 24
2546 posts
Sugar bee

Another 7/13/13 here! We’re just ironing our the deposit details right now!! My man thought it would be bad luck- it’s good to know so many others consider 13 a lucky #!!

Post # 25
505 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Pollywog:  ooo! Let us know how grandma’s dress looks- I love the idea of wearing something so vintage and special!

Post # 26
493 posts
Helper bee

We are 7/13/13 also!  Venue and photographer are booked, lots of ideas for everything else.  We’ve been engaged for four months, you ladies are making me feel like I’m behind on things!  I’ve started a lot of things (dress shopping, searching for caterers, etc) but they’re not official yet.

Happy Planning ladies!

Post # 27
3728 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@MrsLoebbs:  The dress was beautiful, but the alterations would have been really expensive. It might not have fit without removing a rib (I like my bones too much to part with them ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).  I don’t know how my grandma would have been with me altering the design. She really didn’t want to part with the sleeves and there was no way I was going to wear a long sleeve dress in July. So I got a similar new dress.

Post # 28
505 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Pollywog:  Too bad it didn’t fit! Do you have pics of your actual dress??

Post # 29
143 posts
Blushing bee

I am super late to the party but we are getting married on the date too!! Have some major stuff crossed of the list: ceremy on reception venues, photographer, dress but still lots of stuff to do!! How is everyone else’s palnning going?? We are approaching the 1 year out mark … eek!

Post # 30
505 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@xx_ambyrr_xx:  Yay! Welcome to our thread! 

Post # 31
505 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Adams_bee:  Did you change your date?? 

The topic ‘Anyone else getting married on 13/7/2013?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors