(Closed) Photography

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 3
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@naenae_CA: Wow. We can’t even afford a photographer….I wish.

Post # 4
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

Wow, I can’t even think of a photographer around here anywhere NEAR that much.  Even the most talented, award winning photographers I know are less than half of that.  Hope you aren’t paying for a “designer” name!

Post # 5
2496 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

If you want to spend that, can afford it, and you’ll get good quality work, I think you should do so without feeling guilty.  The only thing that lasts after the wedding is the photography, so IMO it’s worth spending money on.

You’re right that not many people can or do spend that much, but if you can and it’s your priority, do so!  If people aren’t supportive, well, you don’t have to disclose your wedding budget or how much this or that cost.  It’s usually easier, actually, to just keep those things a secret and then you don’t have to deal with the negative opinions.

Post # 6
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I have never heard of a photographer charging that much!  My entire wedding budget is $10,000…my photographer is costing about $2000.

Post # 7
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@naenae_CA: Oh, and by the way – if you can afford it, don’t worry what people say! Don’t tell them how much it is and you won’t have to justify it to them!

Post # 8
1231 posts
Bumble bee

@naenae_CA: If your parents don’t mind spending that much, then hey, why not? It sounds like you did a lot of research and this photographer fit your criteria. The photographer I love love love is pretty pricey in this area, more than most of the others. I would pay for him if I could. I think out of everything you have for a wedding, pictures last forever. If your photographer is who you want and does great work and the price isn’t a problem, then go for it! It really isn’t anyone’s business what you pay. Its between you and your parents. Maybe ask your parents for a budget of some sort. Use it as a guideline for deciding if you can add any extras! 🙂

Post # 9
2589 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Why would you be telling people how much you spent for a photographer?  Who would you be discussing that with other than your parents and the photographer – unless you’re bragging about it?   My guess is that people don’t really care what you spend, but are giving you a hard time about it because you telling them about how much you’re spending on a photographer is coming off as show offy? 

Money discussions should really be limited to you and your fiance and your immediate family if they are involved in paying for things – other than that, discussing money (having lots of it or not enough of it) can make people feel very defensive and uncomfortable.

Post # 11
627 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I agree that photography is one of the most (if not THE most) important aspects of your wedding day. While we couldn’t afford to spend that much, if you can, why not? Our photography and video cost $2300.

Post # 12
2790 posts
Sugar bee

The only one I can think of who would cost this much would be Jessica Claire and I can absolutely understand why you would pony up for her. I value photography very highly and have considered spending 7,000+ for the right photographer. Don’t feel bad about it! I’m sure your photos will be amazing!!

Post # 13
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

ha…15000! They better be like the pics in Harry Potter that move about the home from frame to frame!

I thought I was insane with 3000 but hey, you know what you want and if you CAN pay for it then hope the photos turn out great

Post # 14
2227 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

I guess it depends on your area but I’m really surprised you were so unhappy with the work of all the other photogs you saw. There is a huge variation in price from one to another but I when I was looking, some of the less expensive photographers had stonger work than the costlier ones. Ultimately, if you have the money to spend, it’s your priority and you’re happy with your decision, that’s it…

To be honest though, I wouldn’t advertise that price tag simply because it might make your friends/family feel uncomfortable. While this is within your means, I can definitely see it being intimidating to others.

Post # 16
2053 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@naenae_CA: Wow! Not I, but that’s cool if you can manage it! May I ask where you live? Just wondering in terms of cost of living/cost of photographer. I thought *I* was picky having grown up with my father teaching me photography. We’re in California’s wine country and had a wonderful professional photography team for approximately $4K with album included. I’d love to see the work of your photographer!

The topic ‘Photography’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors