(Closed) Photography

posted 9 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 17
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Besides our reception venue and catering costs, our photographer is the most expensive vendor.  I believe we are paying around $3500. 

Post # 18
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
@naenae_CA: Sorry people are giving you a hard time. To answer your question, I’m not spending that much on my photographer.  We chose our photographer early on and found someone we LOVED for around $6500.  If we hadn’t been so lucky, I have a feeling we would have tried to cut elsewhere from our budget because photography was super important to us.

I can’t wait to see your pictures!

Post # 19
1212 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’d love to see your photographer’s website! 

Post # 20
2790 posts
Sugar bee

Your photos will be stunning! Don’t worry!

Post # 21
412 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@naenae_CA:  I also feel like photography is a priority for us- I found one I love who is around 6000 which is a lot for some people, but I also have friends getting married paying more.  It’s all about what’s important to you and what you can afford.  It’s you and your families decision and if you love her, I’m sure the photos will be fantastic.  Can’t wait to see them down the road 🙂

Post # 22
324 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@mandypop: Oh relax! I didn’t get that impression at all. There’s tons of threads about girls posting how much their dresses cost, how much their shoes cost, wedding budgets, etc. Maybe OP was just trying to get a feel for what others are spending on their photog. No big deal.

OP- our photogs are $4k but we’re getting 2 photographers, engagements session, unlimited photos, rights to everything. And we feel really comfortable around them and love their style. I did  alot of research, and I’d rather be secure, relaxed and confident in the skill of my photographers than going with a cheaper one and worrying about how they’d come out.

The most expensive photographer I’ve heard of charges $40k for a wedding but he’s a celebrity/pro athlete photographer. My friend is paying $8k for hers. If you can afford it- go for it!

The topic ‘Photography’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors