Post # 17
Yeah I am totally freaking out. I still haven’t gotten all of my RSVP’s back, which I didn’t expect. But I just worry that I am going to have like 10 unexpected guests show up. Ugh. I am laso really stressed that everyone is going to show up think it is dumb and won’t have a good time. It’s like my biggest fear. lol. Let’s just say I have a kooky wedding dream every night now. Fortunately everything is pretty much taken care of except decorating the venue and ordering my DIY flowers. But that can’t be done until the week of anyway.
Wishing all you other March brides good luck!!!
Post # 18
Since midnight (when I SAID I was going to bed but in reality that turned into 2:30am), I have completed:
- Escort cards template done
- Centerpiece picture frames done
- Seating chart done
- Ordered last minute centerpieces when I realized we have more tables than expected (same amount of people, but fewer people at each table)
- Out of Town bag welcome letter done
Today, we have to:
- Verify the spelling of everyone’s name for the escort cards
- Get the name of guests’ dates who’s names weren’t on the RSVP cards
- Get FI’s suit at Men’s Wearhouse
- Get Fiance a haircut so he doesn’t look freshly shorn at the wedding
- Start assembling boxes of junk for transport to the venue
- Take a nap!
Post # 19
Coming along GREAT on the to-do list, Ginger!!!
My to-do’s/current status:
-We just received 15lbs of custom M&Ms for our favors yesterday! So I just need to get the little glue dots for my custom faux-wax-seals so they can be secured on the outside of the glassine bags and twine wrap.
-Programs are on hold for last minute thank-you name additions, since our wedding is mostly all being created by family and friends.
-Tomorrow night: FI’s Bachelor Party, My hair trial, and a pulling-pork party at my FMIL’s house for the main dish at the wedding: BBQ Pulled Pork Sam’miches!
-Need to get my sister/MOH and SIL/BM hostess gifts for Saturday’s Bachelorette/Lingerie PAR-TAY! Woohoo!
-All the cute little burlap signs still in my brain need to be made a reality..
-Finish our country-closeline well-wishes area with cute embellishments and, most importantly, the materials for people to leave the well-wishes!
**Phew!** We are getting there gals! And the closer I get, I my smile just gets BIGGER!!! 🙂
Post # 20
@sweetpea1031: I am done with the seating chart but I just clumped people together that know each other. Done. LOL.
Yeah I am not getting guest requests but dumb questions!! Obvious ones too.
And my MOM, OMG. Need I say more?
We have to be on the train by Saturday at 7am and we have class tomorrow and I can’t skip another class I actually tried changing our train tickets for Sunday instead but they are sold out. 🙁 I need another day to finsih packing. We can go Monday instead but it screws stuff up for the rest of the week and prep time in Iowa.
Officiant hasn’t returned our calls. Ceremony is in “rough draft” status. Eldest son is being a bit of a pain in the ass. Bunch of stuff still lost in my room. Can’t find duffel bags to pack in, only hard suitcases (need duffels!)
ANd did I mention MOM driving me batty!?
Hope y’all are doing better than I am!
Post # 21
Finalize bridal shower menu with Maid/Matron of Honor
Finalize mani-pedi party day before wedding
Buy more cardstock and ribbon for programs
Finish folding/assembling the programs
Continue packing and labeling boxes for transport
Put bar menu in a frame and place in reception box
Dollar store run for cards, giftbags, etc for Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts
Take wedding gifts to storage shed
Work on address labels for wedding announcements
Pack up some of the kitchen into boxes
Final dress fitting
Drop off Out of Town bags at the hotel with final directions
Final walkthrough with reception venue and confirm my seating chart
Do some cleaning – throw out stuff in the fridge and freezer
Post # 22
Today I finished the following:
- Printed, cut and rubberstamped our menu cards
- Finished our wedding announcements (they needed to be rubberstamped with our logo)
- Prepped a package of wedding announcements to send my Future Mother-In-Law
- Designed, print, and cut “we’re moving!” postcards with our new address
- Bought more cardstock and ribbon for the rest of the announcements
- Moved a ton of stuff out of my living room and into storage
- Printed, stapled, and folded our welcome letter for our Out of Town bags
- Assembled a few more Out of Town bags because we were short
- Printed out instructions for our hotel coordinator
- Printed out our seating plan to show the reception venue tomorrow
- Took a 3 hour nap today (in addition to the 8 hours I slept last night, yay!)
- Responded to some vendor emails
- Had a lovely dinner at a BBQ joint with fiance
- Final dress fitting
- Dropping off Out of Town bags at hotel and meeting with hotel coordinator
- Ordering appetizer platters for our welcome reception
- Going to Costco to pick up our engagement photo canvas
- Walkthrough with our reception venue
- Have a nice lunch and dinner with fiance and enjoy our last weekend engaged!
Post # 23
Okay, well, I am writing this from the train, so obviously we packed in time to not miss our train or have to reschedule. SO yay! We are still many many many hours from our destination though.
Sad because at some point we managed to misplace our bell (for the Bell of Truce ceremony) and our wine goblets. Both lost in our house!! That’s what I get for shopping too far ahead of time, and we ran out of time to look, so I will scour thrift stores in Iowa I guess for replacements.
Left to do: finish programs. Guess we’ll have to print those at Kinkos since we didn’t get it done before leaving.
Meet with officiant.
Quasi-rehearsal of sorts at venue
Mail ribbon to baker for cake trimming
There is probably more, but I slept exactly 1 & 1/2 hours last night so I don’t remember anything. The worst “to do” was preparing to leave Texas so I am glad the awful stress is mostly behind us and we’re moving on to moderate stress!
Post # 24
@MsInterpret: Good job making it to the train on time!
Losing an hour when you really need every minute you can is…annoying.
We had a whirlwind day today.
- We drove an hour to my tailor’s house, had my final fitting, realized that adding boning to my dress bodice made the dress tighter – meaning I can’t eat this week. Joy.
- Then we drove another hour to our hotel to drop off our Out of Town bags…only to find our hotel coordinator wasn’t there. So we had to drop off a Jeep full of totebags with the front desk staff and now I’m terrified they will screw them up. I had to moan to the employee there to please not screw up my system (we’re only giving one bag per BED, not one bag per person).
- Then we went to order the appetizers for our welcome reception, but apparently they don’t want us to do it until like the day before. FINE.
- So then we went to the Costco nearest our hotel to pick up the 16×20 canvas photo we made of one of our engagement photos (OMG only $50 compared to the $150 the pros wanted and SO AMAZING!).
- Drove up to our church just to walk around and look at it (SO PRETTY). Wistfully talked about how we really hoped the weather next weekend was as picture perfect gorgeous as it was today.
- Had a phone call with Future Mother-In-Law about her wedding outfit (apparently she spent all day shopping with her sister and FSIL).
- Then met with our reception venue to talk about the seating arrangement, final logistics, etc. Turns out my perfect seating chart wont work, but I tweaked it once I got home and its done.
- Had dinner with my friends at Olive Garden and had some ice cream afterwards (after tonight, I’m in lockdown mode to fit into the dress).
- Came home and have been whining over a charley horse for about an hour. Sigh.
Tomorrow I have:
- Have to meet up with a friend to print the rest of my programs
- Assemble the last few programs
- Cut and punch out my escort cards
- Make a bar menu
- Make a seating chart for guests
- Start working on a wedding timeline for vendors and wedding party
- Work on a packet of information for my friend/day of coordinator
- Find jewelry to wear at the wedding
- Really need to stop by Men’s Wearhouse
- Maybe get a rehearsal dress
- Work on a parking lot sign for guests
- Make a “no flash photography!” sign
- Give my friend the receipt for the cake so they can pick up
- Have Fiance email our hotel coordinator to change some of our hotel reservations
- Try to do some laundry and pack for the honeymoon