Anyone else TTC in 2018?

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 181
2557 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

ladyvictoria :  one of my good friends is on mat leave right now and poor girl has been literally housebound because she doesn’t want to take her newborn out. I would have cabin fever for sure!

Post # 182
3534 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

beevincent18 :  Poor thing! That’s definitely the opposite of what I want! Lol

Post # 183
167 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

ladyvictoria :  Probably just going with the flow at first. I already stress about random other things, so I want to try and stay relaxed through the process… unless we run into problems!

Post # 184
3534 posts
Sugar bee

peaceandlove :  Nice! I wish you no stress and quick success πŸ™‚ 

Post # 185
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

ladyvictoria :  at the end of 2017 we got a little lax with being safe, but we just finalized booking our trip to Europe this summer and although I can’t wait to be pregnant- I’d really rather be able to eat all the cheese and drink all the wine in Italy 🀣. So we will start officially trying in June, we are hoping for a spring baby 

Post # 186
3534 posts
Sugar bee

pivot :  Your plans sound just like ours! I’m counting down the days until our European cruise in May.  I plan on staying on my pill probably until the end of May or early June, then starting to try in July πŸ™‚ 

Post # 187
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

ladyvictoria :  A cruise sounds amazing! Summer can’t come soon enough! 

Post # 188
10 posts
Newbee

lalanono :  Me too πŸ™‚

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 37 in March/ 39 (on Thursday!)

Baby #: 2

Sibling age now/ when TTC: She’ll be 16 months old 

When will you start TTC: March 2018

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: Charting cycles and monitoring CM etc, going to gynae and endo for check-up, getting back on the prenatal bandwagon, exercise and keeping decent diet 

Most excited for: being pregnant again, and for Dirty Delete to be a big sister. 

Most nervous about: how long it takes to conceive, previous health concerns (GD and preeclampsia) 

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: getting finances a bit more sorted, spending as much quality time with Dirty Delete as possible, getting her settled into nursery school

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? Hope not, but have to check that thyroid levels are optimal and everything okay ‘down there’ beforehand. It took two cycles last time, so here goes!

Post # 189
884 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

lalanono :  here we go!

Your age/partner’s age: 36 / 39

Baby #: 1

Sibling age now/ when TTC:

When will you start TTC: As of NOW!!! πŸ˜ƒ

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: taking prenatal vits including ubiquinol, I’ll be charting (got my temp probe this morning), check CM too.

Most excited for: finally making a family of my own with the man I love πŸ’— the idea of a person being a mix of the two of us!

Most nervous about: either of us being infertile or me being too old.

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: Not really. Be in the process of moving house or be in our new house.

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? Only because of my age really.

Post # 190
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/31

Baby #: 2

Sibling age now/ when TTC: now 7 mo

When will you start TTC: still debating…Darling Husband wants to start in March when DS is 9 mo old, but I was thinking of starting closer to when he is 1 year old in June, but then if we get pregnant quickly I don’t want to be in the 1st trimester in the summer

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: charting, exercising 

Most excited for: the excitement and seeing DS as a big brother

Most nervous about: the newborn stage again

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: not really

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? no we concieved DS in 2 cycles, but I am a paranoid person so it’s always in the back of my mind

Post # 191
1089 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Your age/partner’s age: 34/35

Sibling age now/ when TTC: n/a

When will you start TTC: Looking at early May, after our wedding

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: vitamins, trying to chart. Also taking some supplements (myo and d chiro inositol)

Most excited for: BFP!

Most nervous about: complications, miscarriage, basically anything that can go wrong 

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: getting married and going on our honeymoon 

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? Yes, I have PCOS and I’m diabetic. This may be an uphill battle 

Post # 192
1945 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

megasaurus_rex :  Just a note to say that the official advice from doctors and health groups is to wait 18 months after birth to TTC again, to protect mother and baby health –  the world health organization actually recommends 24 months. Obviously sometimes that’s not the best option… I’m 35.5 and hubs is 45 and we are newly TTC for #1. We want a couple kids, so I suspect we will start trying again fairly quickly (9-12 months?) after the first birth* (*knock on wood!!!!*) 

But since you guys are younger and gor pregnant quickly the first time, it’s just something to consider πŸ™‚

Post # 193
425 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Your age/partner’s age: 32/39

Baby #: 2

Sibling age now/ when TTC: 2, will be 3

When will you start TTC: August- my husband’s 40th birthday is in August and I want to wait so I can enjoy the party!

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: stopped birth control last month, going to start charting my cycles soon, haven’t started prenatals yet but will soon.

Most excited for: finding out the gender of our future little one

Most nervous about: miscarriage, been through it before and it’s heartbreaking 

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: ideally, getting a new job.  But it’s not a requirement for me to accomplish prior to TTC.  I don’t want to push off TTC too long because we are getting older so I’ll wait until August and if no new job by then I will start TTC.

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving?  Hopefully not, I’ve always conceived easily in the past.

Post # 194
3534 posts
Sugar bee

Hey, Bees! I can’t believe that hubby and I are only 4 months away from TTC! Any recommendations for prenatals? My regular GYN was on maternity leave when I went to my annual appointment so I had to see a different doctor and she pretty much approached it as “they’re all the same”. I’m not sure that I’d see her again and I do want to order some vitamins to start next month or so. 

Post # 195
1346 posts
Bumble bee

I’m joining this party a little late, but here goes!

Your age/partner’s age: 26/27 (will be 27/28 when we start trying)

Sibling age now/ when TTC: N/A

When will you start TTC: Most likely October πŸ™‚

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: Started charting this cycle and taking vitamins! Cutting out/back on some bad habits to get healthier, as well as getting back into exercisign regularly! 

Most excited for: Mostly excited to be getting to this stage in our lives! I look forward to the whole experience of TTC and seeing Darling Husband get excited about all of it. He’s going to be an amazing support and even more amazing father, so that makes me really happy πŸ˜€

Most nervous about: The huge change it’ll bring to our lives. It’ll be a good change, but I always have a bit of trouble dealing with any sort of change, good or bad. I’m also a bit nervous because none of our friends are ready to start TTC so I’m a bit worried about feeling a little bit alone throughout pregnancy and once the baby arrives. I think I’ll have a great support system though, so I am staying optimistic!

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: Just some renovations on our house, like changing the windows and stuff!

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? I hope not! I started charting this cycle to get to know how my body works, so hopefully I don’t uncover anything too weird. I’m a tiny bit concerned about the length of my luteal phase, but I’ll only find that out after charting for a few cycles so we’ll see πŸ™‚ 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors