(Closed) Anyone else TTC in 2018?

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 32
809 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
lalanono :  thanks so much for starting this thread!!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/28 (28/29 when TTC)

Baby #: one 

Sibling age now/ when TTC: N/a

When will you start TTC: The current plan is to get my IUD removed in July and then “NTNP” until November/December when we would TTC. Essentially I would like to track my cycles for a bit so that I don’t fret over cycles when we TTC. If we got pregnant earlier it would be ok, the timing would be better for my work if it was an august 2019 onwards baby though.

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: So I’ll start charting for a few months in summer/autumn next year and probably get in some baby sitting practise with my BFF’s baby who is due early 2018.

Most excited for: seeing DH as a dad, but also my parents’ reactions when we get pregnant. 

Most nervous about: Getting too obsessed and all consumed with tracking. My BFF really struggled with this and hence why I’m getting IUD out earlier.

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: I want to save some more (my DH is great at saving and I am not quite as good, as I have too many expensive hobbies πŸ™ˆ), do two triathlons next year and learn to ski.  

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? Possibly – my mum, her sister and maternal grandma have had multiple miscarriages and i have endometriosis. We will see! 

Will we find out the sex? DH definitely wants to and I definitely don’t… hmm! We would love a girl (mainly because girls’ names are so much easier than boys’!)

Post # 32
809 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/28 (28/29 when TTC)

Baby #: one 

Sibling age now/ when TTC: N/a

When will you start TTC: The current plan is to get my IUD removed in July and then “NTNP” until November/December when we would TTC. Essentially I would like to track my cycles for a bit so that I don’t fret over cycles when we TTC. If we got pregnant earlier it would be ok, the timing would be better for my work if it was an august 2019 onwards baby though.

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: So I’ll start charting for a few months in summer/autumn next year and probably get in some baby sitting practise with my BFF’s baby who is due early 2018.

Most excited for: seeing DH as a dad, but also my parents’ reactions when we get pregnant. 

Most nervous about: Getting too obsessed and all consumed with tracking. My BFF really struggled with this and hence why I’m getting IUD out earlier.

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: I want to save some more (my DH is great at saving and I am not quite as good, as I have too many expensive hobbies πŸ™ˆ), do two triathlons next year and learn to ski.  

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? Possibly – my mum, her sister and maternal grandma have had multiple miscarriages and i have endometriosis. We will see! 

Will we find out the sex? DH definitely wants to and I definitely don’t… hmm! We would love a girl (mainly because girls’ names are so much easier than boys’!)

Post # 32
809 posts
Busy bee

P.s sorry for the formatting – it’s being a pain to edit!

Post # 34
189 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/28

Baby #: This will be our first!

Sibling age now/ when TTC: n/a

When will you start TTC: NTNP after our wedding at the end of 17, active TTC in the Spring

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: I am not currently on BC, so no worries there. I started taking prenatals a few weeks ago

Most excited for: Being pregnant! Seeing Fiance as a dad, and my niece as a cousin

Most nervous about:  Being pregnant! lol.

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?  Some house projects we have have put off while dealing with wedding planning

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? I have long cycles so I am worried about that. Also, my sister had a very rough pregnancy and I hope it’s not genetic

Will we find out the sex? I always wanted to be team Green, but I don’t think I have the pateince to wait that long to find out! We’ll see!

Post # 35
261 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 25/34

Baby #: 1

When will you start TTC: Probably after our first anniversary (June)

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: Getting back in shape! Just trying to establish healthy habits in general, for myself and for the future.

Most excited for: Designing the nursery (I’m an interior designer), reading all the books, and the newborn stage.

Most nervous about: Adjusting to life as a new mom, career changes.. the newborn stage haha.

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: I want to sit for my NCIDQ, and take a trip to Spain.

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? I’ve been off BC for a couple years now and have pretty regular cycles – so not necessarily. But I know anyone can have issues!

Will you find out the sex? I’m not sure. DH wants to keep it a surprise but it depends on how I’m feeling once I get pregnant. I feel like there’s a risk of me having a preference and then being disappointed haha

Post # 36
8601 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

We are TTC June 2018 which feels so far away… but im excited

Your age/partner’s age: will be 31/33

Baby #: 1

When will you start TTC: June 2018 

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: Just trying to get in better shape, more of a general life thing than a baby, I will use the Ava bracelet to track when its time to start

Most excited for: a new phase of life and the personal growth it will spur! Seeing my DH be a dad. Experiencing a new depth of love and selflessness. 

Most nervous about: infertility issues (never know till ya try right?) being a total bitch from sleep deprivation, PPD, I have negative blood type and DH is positive… My Mother-In-Law being up our asses obsessive with the first grand baby!

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?:Were waiting for my DH to finish grad school so we can move out of NYC! Excited to be in a house.

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? I dont but… you never know. We’ve decided were not going to “extreme measures” for a baby… no IVF etc. So I hope it works au naturale, or else its just puppies and money for us.

I think we’ll find out the sex of the first baby, and be team green for the 2nd. I would love a boy and a girl, or two girls… I quietly fear being a boy mom but I know lots of women love it and Im sure I would come around.

Post # 37
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
lalanono :  

Your age/partner’s age: 28/28

Baby #: 1

Sibling age now/ when TTC: N/A

When will you start TTC: June 2018

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?:

• Will start vitamins in January (I am thinking of ordering the Honest company ones but I will discuss it with my doctor)
  • Pre-conception/updated Pap test appointment in December 2017
  • Currently trying to drink more water and reading about TTC and baby info
  • Currently a healthy weight (118lbs at 5’3″) no health concerns

Most excited for: All of it πŸ™‚

Most nervous about: actually having to try to conceive, my mom said she got pregnant both times right when she wanted to with no issues and I am healthy with no concerns but with so many people I know having difficulties (people I work with and people my husband works with have been trying for years) I am nervous.

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: completing my first year of job probation as I just got a perminant teaching job for my school board and there are different things you have to do throughout the first year (people watch you teach etc.)

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? No

<div style=”overflow: hidden; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff; text-align: left; text-decoration: none;”> </div>

Post # 38
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
beevincent18 :  I want to find out the gender when the time comes and do a gender reveal cake when family is over for an event or holiday so we all find out together.

Post # 39
3293 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Us πŸ™‹

Your age/partner’s age:  both 33, will be turning 34 when we TTC

Baby #: 2

Sibling age now/ when TTC: DS is 7 months old. He’ll be somewhere between 12 and 18 months when we start trying.

When will you start TTC: Jan to May. Unsure of the date as it depends on how I find returning to work after my naternity leave (currently due to return in March) 

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: we’ll both start proxeed at Christmas. I’m working on losing my baby weight at the moment. I’ve still got 2 stone to lose by Christmas.

Most excited for: not sure really. I suppose seeing DS as an older brother

Most nervous about: being pregnant (hated it last time and was almost bed bound near the end) and having another super quick birth in case this time we don’t get to the hospital in time

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: no

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? Sadly yes. It took us 2.5 years to conceive DS. We got pregnant the cycle before we were due to start IVF. It’s the main reason we aren’t leaving it very long to start trying 

Will we find out the sex? NO! We stayed team yellow with DS and it was the best! The moment DH told me it was a boy was one of the best parts of his birth. 

Post # 40
246 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
lalanono :  

Your age/partner’s age: 29/39, 30/40 when we TTC

Sibling age now/ when TTC: 1/2

When will you start TTC: October 2018

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: in preparation for my son I tracked AF & CM so I expect I’ll do the same this time around

Most excited for: being pregnant & having a tiny baby who, unlike my son, stays where you put them!

Most nervous about: coping with no sleep again 

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: i want to have left my current job & be a full time Stay-At-Home Mom. I also want DH’s business to have picked up. The bigger it gets the more input I can have – I’d much rather put my energy in our business than work for another ungrateful employer (I’m so over my job can you tell?!)

Will you find out about the sex: I didn’t with my son but I think I will this time. Might keep it to ourselves though.

Post # 41
246 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
thosethreewords :  you’re right! I love loads of girls names but finding it really tough to beat my sons name should we have another boy

Post # 42
2125 posts
Buzzing bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 30/31

Sibling age now/ when TTC: Now 9 months, will be somewhere between 12-18 months when we start TTC

When will you start TTC: Sometime during the first half of 2018

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: Considering taking my BBT again, but since I still wake up periodically throughout the early morning hours when my LO starts to stir, I’m not sure it would do me any good.

Most excited for: New baby squishes and cuddles! 

Most nervous about: Giving my son enough of my time and focus, while taking care of the new baby. I never want my son to feel left out, or second best, or like he’s being passed over/ignored in favor of the new baby.

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: I want to loose the baby weight from my first!

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? No, our first was a surprise – I got pregnant on my first cycle not on BC, despite charting to AVOID pregnancy. Evidently I’m mega fertile, LOL. 

Post # 43
2386 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I haven’t roll called on any thread in over 2 years! This feels weird…

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: We will be 30 (dun, dun, dun!!!) in 2018

Sibling age now/ when TTC: Our DD just turned 2 in September. She’ll be a little over 2 1/2 when we TTC again. (yikes!)

When will you start TTC: May/June 2018

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: Not yet, still on BC pills and not taking vitamins. I’ll start vitamins in the new year and stop BC then too and chart to avoid for a few months to let my cycle return to normal-ish before pulling the goalie. I had long irregular cycles before.

Most excited for: My DD to interect with my belly and get a sibling.

Most nervous about: The first year of new baby’s life? lol. Having a newborn again and the lack of sleep and basically starting over again.

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: Not particularly, I feel like we already have with a few trips lately and potty training DD is going well so, yeah, just enjoying this time as a family of three.

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? I hope not. I’ve gotten pregnant twice before on the first try (or the first woops) but miscarried the (woops) pregnancy at 6 wks. I’m hoping not to experience that ever again.

Post # 44
522 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Your age/partner’s age: 29/35 (30/36 when we TTC)

Baby #: 1

Sibling age now/ when TTC: N/A

When will you start TTC: January (or maybe even end of this year?)

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: Scheduling basic check up and consultation with PCP and planning on taking prenatal vitamins and try to eat a bit healthier

Most excited for: Starting a family of our own πŸ™‚

Most nervous about: Pregnancy. Childbirth. Sleep deprivation. Terrible Twos. Puberty. The list can go on forever. I am totally paranoid about everything (e.g. what if our child is not healthy? what if my health plummets after pregnancy/birth? what if, what if, what if, what if…). Thank god my husband balances out my nervousness haha.

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: I wanted to get my Master’s before having a baby, and I just finished last month! Then I really wanted a career change (in lieu of getting my Master’s), but might not happen. πŸ™ But not the end of the world – at least I have a nice job.

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? No. And hopefully that will be true.

Post # 45
35 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2018

Your age/partner’s age: I’ll be 27 he’ll be 34

Baby #: This will be our first!

Sibling age now/ when TTC: n/a

When will you start TTC: NTNP after our wedding (March) and honeymoon (May)!! I guess if we’re not pregnant by dec 18, then we will start actively charting and TTC.

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: I went off the pill 3 years ago to get it out of my system. I use an App to track my period which is like clockwork and my mittleschmertz (sp?) let’s me know when I’m ovulating haha. I’m planning on starting pre-natals early next year.

Most excited for: Being pregnant! Feeling the baby move etc.

Most nervous about:  Telling people. I’m surrounded by a lot of people who never want kids and my boss openly hates them. 

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?  I’d love to travel more but it’s not in our budget – We need to renovate our kitchen first!

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? I’ve been paranoid my whole life of being infertile but my cycles are very regular and no one in my immediate family has had any issues! Plus I’m still young πŸ˜›

Will we find out the sex? NOPE. We both strongly are team green. We figure you don’t get many genuine suprises these days! I know it will be tough not knowing but I’m pretty stubborn.

Good luck with all the baby making Bees! 

The topic ‘Anyone else TTC in 2018?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors