(Closed) Anyone else TTC in 2018?

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 61
2386 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  We plan to start in May/June as well. With my first pregnancy in 2015 I found Taking Charge of your Fertility very helpful and enjoyed charting to know when to do the deed. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m looking forward to brushing up on the book and using Fertility Friend to chart to avoid for a few months after stopping BCP but before TTC. 2018 is only about 2 months away…that is just crazy!!! I’m trying to soak up this time as a family of three with our 2 yo daughter until we rock her world. Ha!

Post # 62
3873 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  Definitely Taking charge of your fertility.  I also read the pre-conception and pregancy portions of “The informed parent”.  It basically tries to synthesize all the scientific research out there about how to parent right.  Seems like a great book! 

https://www.amazon.com/Informed-Parent-Science-Based-Resource-Childs/dp/0399171061

Also, I found this study very interesting and helpful.  https://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegwalton/2016/03/28/coffee-consumption-in-either-parent-may-affect-miscarriage-risk/#52dc07c22d01

It found that a moderate or heavy caffeine intake in the months before conception was heavily linked with miscarriage rates – for BOTH the mom or the dad!  Eek.  My partner and I drink a lot of coffee and that made us both start to work on cutting down.  

However, this metaanalysis (synthesis of lots of different studies) found that there was a risk associated with male intake of soda and energy drinks, but not as much coffee…  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5482951/

Post # 63
4025 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Manhattan, NY

View original reply
littlebee3 :  Thanks for sharing! I like the idea of a journal because it’s so easy to forget when you had a certain symptom. I think this year has already flown by, so I’m sure the next few months will be no exception. It’s my favorite time of the year with all the holidays (despite the icky weather) so I’m enjoying the present but still excited for what’s to come! 

Post # 64
4025 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
MrsFairyBee :  Nice! I’ve been meaning to compare apps for charting. I don’t know that I’ll temp but I do plan on paying attention to changes in my CM. How exciting for your little one to become a big sister ๐Ÿ™‚ I plan to have my little ones fairly close in age if all goes to plan. 

View original reply
lolotwo :  Thanks for sharing! I’m interested in reading up on caffeine more. I used to drink tea every day but I now only have it 1-2x per week. I’d be fine with drinking de-caf though. My husband does have coffee every day and I know he’d be willing to cut back for the sake of a healthy pregnancy and baby. It’s easy to worry about doing every little thing right, and then I think of people like my sister who wasn’t trying to get pregnant at all and didn’t modify any behaviors until after she learned she was, but still had a healthy pregnancy and my beautiful niece is the picture of health and incredibly bright. I think that keeps me from diving off the deep end! lol 

Post # 65
3873 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  Yeah I agree that there’s no need to cut things out to the extreme – everything in moderation, right?  The studies were only finding effects from caffeine at pretty high levels of consumption, like 3+ cups a day…  Which is how much I drink sometimes, and definitely how much my partner drinks, since a cup is only 8 ounces!  But if people aren’t crazy coffee drinkers like us, it should be a-ok.

Have you started charting? Since we might TTC early next year, like January, I’m going to start charting next cycle to see what things look like.  We’re both older so I just want to be on top of any potential issues.  Kind of excited to learn about my body in that way!

Post # 66
4025 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
lolotwo :  My husband typically has a couple cups in the morning but I know he’d be fine with cutting back if necessary! I haven’t started charting only because I’m still on my pill and I’ve read mixed opinions on whether or not it’s really useful to chart at this point since my cycle may be totally different once I come off the pill. I also look forward to knowing which stage of my cycle I’m in instead of just taking a shot in the dark ๐Ÿ™‚ This is the kind of stuff they should have taught in health class! 

Post # 67
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

Your age/partner’s age: Me 26, MH will be 27

Baby #: 1

Sibling age now/when TTC: N/A

When will you start TTC: Starting in January! wooooo

Doing anything to prepare: Prenatals and starting to temp and use opks to prepare

Most excited for: Having a baby

Most nervous about: Everything

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby? Save more money and take a nice vacation with MH

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? Nope

Post # 68
2386 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
ladyvictoria :  Ya, don’t waste your time charting while on the pill, that won’t tell you anything since you shouldn’t be ovulating on the pill anyway. And I agree, I would have totally liked learning about this in health class. All women should know this information.

Post # 69
564 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
MrsFairyBee :  Just wanted to say HI! we were ttc at the same time for our 2015 LOs ๐Ÿ™‚ good to see some familiar bees back again! 

Post # 70
2386 posts
Buzzing bee

Hi @mrscorgi It just goes to show how often I check the bee these days but yes, it is nice to see familiar faces around here. I used to be such a regular! What month did you have your 2015 LO?

Post # 71
117 posts
Blushing bee

We will be!! It’s very early but I’m so excited:

Your age/partner’s age: Will be 29/40 when TTC

Baby #: 1

Sibling age now/ when TTC: N/A

When will you start TTC: I think we’ll start actively trying October of next year. I’m not on BC and I think we’ll stop using the ‘pull-out method’ in summer and see what happens.

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: I already take a womens’ multi, and I’m going to switch to prenatals over summer (as soon as there’s a chance I might get pregnant). I’ve had some thyroid issues so I’m also in the process of getting my TSH levels down as the level to safely carry a baby to term is much lower. I think I’ll start charting if we haven’t gotten a much-wanted BFP ‘accidentally’ by October.

Most excited for: Cuddling my baby! I saw a PP say seeing their husband be a father, and that for me ranks pretty high, too.

Most nervous about: Childbirth, followed closely by difficulty TTC. I have no reason to worry, but I’m still anxious – I’m not taking it for granted that it’ll just happen.

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: We need to find somewhere to live. We haven’t decided on an area yet, but we really need to get our butts in gear after we do some traveling the first few months of next year and find a 2+ bedroom house.

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? I don’t have any reason to worry particularly, but my husband’s age and some health issues that I’ve had in the past do make me nervous. We’ll just have to wait and see.

Post # 72
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
baygull : Good luck, it is exciting! So much so my DH and I moved TTC up to January haha. I’m already temping and charting and now planning to time things right away. I think my original post said I’d just see how things went in March for a couple months. Hope you can stay off the crazy train!

Also TBH I always associated the pull-out method with teen moms foot-in-mouth But after learning all about the conception process it seems like a miracle that it ever happens at all, so I can see how that works when done correctly.

Post # 73
117 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
jbirdlee1015 :  I definitely don’t think we’d be using the pull-out method if it were important to us not to get pregnant right now (as in, teenagers should not be using this form of contraception, lol)… if I got pregnant, we’d both be thrilled! We’re not quite ready to start trying yet but we’re not not-trying, either.

Also – good luck to you!!

Post # 74
514 posts
Busy bee

I can’t believe I’m actually doing this! lol

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: will be 26/27

Baby #: 1

Sibling age now/ when TTC: N/A

When will you start TTC: coming off BC in May and hoping to be regulated to start actively trying by August/September

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: Taking folic acid, doing some brief reading on TTC and exercising more

Most excited for: experiencing pregnancy with Fiance (from going to appointments to feeling movement)

Most nervous about: How my body will respond to pregnancy 

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: More debt paid off and *hopefully* purchase a house!

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? slightly concerned about my body regulating when off BC

Post # 75
3873 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
baygull :  Hey there, just wanted to say you definitely start taking prenatals BEFORE you might possibly get pregnant!! You need some time for the folate to build up in your system. There’s no down side and it will prevent some really nasty birth defects.

The topic ‘Anyone else TTC in 2018?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors