381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

So excited to be able to join this! 

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 32/37

Baby #: 1 for me, #3 for him

Sibling age now/ when TTC: 9/12

When will you start TTC: Hopefully in Jan… I’ve been ready but Darling Husband is still slowly coming around to the idea πŸ™‚

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: I’ve been charting for 3 years, we use FAM as our BC method; starting prenatals when my current multivit runs out in about a week

Most excited for: having a child with my husband, since he already has two with his ex wife, it feels important for me to have this with him

Most nervous about: how the blended family aspect complicates having a baby (ie, what his children will say, they’ve already been clear about not wanting a sibling, what drama it might start with their mother, etc)

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: Building a hefty maternity fund since I’m self employed and don’t get paid if I’m not working, and work = travel for me, I’d like to be able to not get on a plane for a few months, but need a good savings for that to happen.

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? Hope not, but we’ll see… my OBGYN thinks I may have endo so that is scary to me, she also told me not to wait much longer to start ttc because of my age. Fingers crossed!

Post # 107
764 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Your age/partner’s age:  34/39 

Baby #: 1

Sibling age now/ when TTC: n/a

When will you start TTC:  January or this December 

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?:  working on my diet , Nature Made pre natal , Ovia app 

Most excited for: planning, decorating, spending time with baby , watching my husband with our baby 

Most nervous about: balancing career and baby life , child care , distance between work and baby , the first couple of months after giving birth , I will be traveling , so the worry of being pregnant and traveling. 

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?:  hopefully moving into a 2 bed , vacation 

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? We’re both healthy , however have had an issue a few years ago. 

Post # 108
1721 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

We will be, albeit the end of 2018.

Your age/partner’s age: 27/31

Sibling age now/ when TTC: n/a

When will you start TTC: October 2018

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: will see then

Most excited for: a baby! 

Most nervous about: being pregnant and how difficult it is to get pregnant  

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: get into grad school

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? Yes, I definitely do. 

Post # 109
1600 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Your age/partner’s age: 26/28

Baby #: 2

Sibling age now/ when TTC: 3 weeks!!!!/10-11 months

When will you start TTC: September-October 2018

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: I’d like to get back into shape since having my first, making sure my thyroid is regulated earlier, taking prenatals again

Most excited for: seeing my belly grow again, seeing my first baby with a sibling, finding out what we’ll have next!

Most nervous about: Getting pregnant (it took us 9 months for our first), having a healthy pregnancy, labour (my first wasn’t ideal..), having a healthy baby (our first has had some complications πŸ™ )

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: I’d like to get a few more renos done around the house in the next year.. save a little bit more money.. we may also need to trade one of our cars in for a van?

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? Yeah.. it took us 9 months last time… I expect the same this time around. I have an underactive thyroid that was tricky to regulate last time.

And a little side note from my post partum hormonal/emotional self lol.. for all you first time mamas to be… enjoy every single part of ttc. I know that sounds crazy, and if i rewinded my life to when we were first ttc, i can say i hated it so much.. but now i just cant stress enough to appreciate the time before you are ttc (go on lots of dates, build on your relationship, even get a trip in!!), enjoy the process of ttc (make it fun instead of stressful… enjoy all that bding!!!), and enjoy pregnancy when it finally happens. I have a three week old and I miss it all… I love him, and I love being a mom… but I cant deny that I miss the old relationship between my husband and I, i miss the freedom to travel and have time to ourselves… and weirdly enough, I miss my pregnant belly! I miss feeling the little kicks and the amazing anticipation! EVen after a complicated labour, delivery and some health obstacles with our new babe, im already counting down the days til we get to do it all again! I promised myself that this time I would appreciation and enjoy every step way more!

Post # 110
2372 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

I have an appointment to get my IUD removed on January 2!  Eeeeeeeeee I’m excited πŸ™‚

Post # 111
2527 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

KittyYogi :  Whoooo! How exciting! I got mine removed a couple weeks ago…although we aren’t actually trying until fall next year I wanted to give my body time off BC to regulate. I have no idea what my cycles are even really like anymore since i’ve been on BC so long!

Post # 112
2372 posts
Buzzing bee

beevincent18 :  That makes sense, good thinking!  I’ve seen a lot of bees posting about how screwy their cycles are when they come of BC and are ready to TTC.  I hope yours get regular quickly.  

Mine is the Paraguard, so we just have to pop the sucker out and it’s go time πŸ˜‰

Post # 113
2527 posts
Sugar bee

KittyYogi :  I had the paraguard as well. IDK about you but it made my periods horendous, I couldn’t have gotten that out faster lol! It worked great as BC but my periods were so so so terrible. 

So far my cycles have been super long still which my OB is concerned about so I’m a little concerned, but I do have a son so I’ve gotten pregnant before. We will see when the time comes!

Post # 114
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

teacherbee01 :  Lots of luck and I hope it happens faster for you this time around! I really appreciate your advice. I’m already worried I’m going to get myself too worked up about all this TTC business. I’m going to try to be very mindful to just enjoy this time of my life, even if it ends up lasting longer than I would want. I’ve already been enjoying being of the pill, my sex drive is so much better. Which is good as Darling Husband wont be as ‘suspicious’ next month when I really try to up the ante lol. But I do intend to enjoy it and not make it a chore.

KittyYogi :  Yay congrats!! Are you still gonna start trying right away? I keep looking out for that January POAS board cuz that’s when it will get real tongue-out. Although my period isnt due until Christmas so not much I can do until then anyway, other than obsess over my stupid fertility chart.

Post # 115
2372 posts
Buzzing bee

beevincent18 :  Oh I see.  Yeah the Paraguard definitely made my periods pretty long and heavy, but I was happy to be off hormones so I didn’t mind too much.  I’ve had it for 7 years now, so it’ll be interesting to see what things are like without it.  Sorry your cycles are so long, that sucks!  Are you temping?  That’d be a good way to make sure you’re ovulating…

jbirdlee1015 :  Yah we’re gonna start right away!  We’re both pretty old in terms of baby-making (35 and 44) so time’s a wasting.  Are you starting in January too?!  Yay, exciting πŸ™‚  And yeah my period is due ~Dec 29 so I’ll be just a bit behind ya.

Post # 116
2527 posts
Sugar bee

KittyYogi :  Not yet, but I think I might start in the next month or so. I don’t know much about it, but don’t you have to be pretty consistant with timing? I tend to get up at different times most mornings. Some mornings i’m up early, some I sleep in, and then weekends change as well.

Post # 117
503 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/26

Sibling age now/ when TTC: N/A

When will you start TTC: February/March 2018

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: I went off the pill last month since I still wasn’t adjusting and had a low sex drive. I’ll sfart prenatals at the beginning of the year and have been tracking my periods & ovulation on an app. 

Most excited for: Seeing my husband as a Dad and our kids around the same age as our nephews.

Most nervous about: Affording childcare here in Chicago. Where we will live, we rent a 1 bedroom now. (Without a dishwasher!!)

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: Pay off some debt and find an obgyn 

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? No issues in my family or my husbands that I know of.  It is a concern as many of my friends have been TTC for a few years. 

Post # 118
2486 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh, it was so fun to realize I can contribute to this thread!!

Ideally, Fiance and I would prefer to wait until 1 year after marriage (6/2019) to start TTC, but chances are we will need to at least stop trying to prevent by the end of 2018 because of my age. 

Your age/partner’s age: When we TTC, 34/30

Baby #: 1 for both of us

Sibling age now/ when TTC: N/A

When will you start TTC: Possibly by December 2018

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: Bought and read Taking Charge of your Fertility. Have not found the energy to actually consistently track an entire cycles yet, but have tracked enough to mostly be assured I’m actually ovulating and to know my general/average ovulation window. 

Most excited for: How excited FI’s going to be – he is giddy at the thought of being a dad.

Most nervous about: Complications (in concieving, and in pregnancy) due to my age.

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: I’d like to finish my current training and attain the next promotion/raise in my field. Even better, I would like to have advanced enough to be able to transition to being a contracted, work from home employee. I would also like to do one more extended, overseas trip with Fiance beyond our honeymoon.

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving? It’s hard to say. My mom was very fertile, then had VERY early menopause (in her early 30’s.) But then again, she had had her tubes tied in her mid 20’s, which I have read CAN bring on early menopause. So I have no way of knowing if her early menopause was genetic or not.

Overall, I don’t THINK I inherited my mom’s “reproductive” (?) genes, because she always had erratic, supremely painful periods with LOTS of bleeding, while I have already had regular periods with very little pain and little bleeding.

I am doing everything I can to be healthy – I work out consistently, I eat healthy, whole foods – I have a low but healthy BMI, but you just never know what to expect TTC for the first time at 34.

I am considering having my VMI (vaginal maturity index) checked some time soon, and this, along with an AMH test and an AFC will determine when we decide to start TTC.

Post # 119
2454 posts
Buzzing bee

We are, we were actually going to try the end of this year but had to hold off do to a weird period. So my doctor wanted me to go back on BC for a couple pf months πŸ™ so that sucked. Lol 

Your age/partner’s age:  26/30

Baby #: our first! 

When will you start TTC: we are thinking in maybe 6 months? Depends on what the doctor says actually since I do need to get my blood suagrs under control first. 

Doing anything to prepare (vitamins, charting, etc)?: I am just tracking my period on an app, but we won’t do much else for now. I am also making sure I take a multi vitamin and will start taking prenatal vitamins when we get a little closer to trying.

Most excited for: feeling the baby move and picking names. Also, just going through this next phase in our life with my Darling Husband.

Most nervous about: becoming a parent/being responsible for another human being and child birth. 

Anything you want to accomplish before having a baby?: weight loss, just so I can ensure a healthier pregnancy and that I can be a better mom. 

Do you anticipate any trouble conceiving. I don’t think so. My blood sugar levels have risen a little bit I. The past couple of years but I’m not diabetic so it shouldn’t be ablything to worry about it I can get it under control. πŸ™‚

Post # 120
2372 posts
Buzzing bee

beevincent18 :  Yeah, you’re supposed to do it roughly the same time (give or take maybe 30 min).  I find that I usually wake up at work time on the weekends anyway, so I just take my temp really quick and go back to sleep.  It’s a little bit of a pain, but it’s also SO interesting to learn what’s going on with your body in a pretty easy way.  I just started last month and it takes a few months til you can confirm your regular cycle patterns.  The book Taking charge of your fertility explains the process really well. 

You could also try using OPKs (those pee strips that tell you when you’re getting ready to ovulate), but with a long cycle, you’d have to just use one like every day for weeks and weeks so that you be sure to catch it.  They’re pretty cheap though, like 25 cents each.  Or you could just be chill while your cycles regulate.  That’s probably the best option!  I am already being so not chill about this whole thing, lol.

ahartig :   duchessgummybunns :   petitebee08 :  Woot!  πŸ™‚

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors