Anyone else use the MyPlate app, or doing 1200 calories?

posted 3 years ago in Fitness
Post # 17
489 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
nykkee :  Yea it sounds like it ☹️. There is unfortunately a lot of misinformation out there (online) when it comes to nutrition.

Post # 18
2355 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
nykkee :  I think you are fine. Us short people aren’t like the rest of the world. 

Post # 19
2397 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
nykkee :  It sounds like you have a really healthy mindset going into this weight loss. Your diet sounds healthy and well-rounded. I’m 5’1 and 105 lbs and I eat around 1,200/day, so your calorie intake sounds right, too. I think everything you’re doing is great, keep going! 

My only advice is to encourage you to start adding in some sort of 3-4 x’s/week workouts once your new diet is really firmly established. That will help you to gain muscle tone and lose additional fat. Of course, with added activity levels, you will need to bump up your calories a little. 

I can’t help with meal ideas… SO and I keep it pretty simple. I always have a bag of beef jerky on hand to snack on. I know the salt content there is high, but I’m a poor metaboliser of salt, so I actually need more. I constantly add extra salt to my foods and have SUPER low blood pressure and heart rate. So if you tend to crave salty things like chips, beef jerky could be a good fix for that. We tend to have chicken and some form of veggie or sweet potato. Roasted brussels with bacon and balsamic is really really good… Small hamburger patties in a tupperware in the fridge is good for sudden hunger (like getting home from work – when I always want to reach for a bag of chips.)

Good luck!

ETA: I’ve been using MyPlate for 10 years to track macros – I love their pie chart! A good system for me was to plan out my meals/snacks for the next day ahead of time – that way I could play around with everything until my macros were right where I wanted them – 35%P / 35%F / 30%C This feature may only be on the website, though – I don’t use the app. 🙂

Post # 21
2397 posts
Buzzing bee

Be sure to throw in one or two lower back exercises, too! If you work out your abs without balancing it with lower back, you can strain your lower back. I love: supermans for lower back, stomach vacuums for abs, and mule kicks for glutes. For vacuums, I do three sets of 30-second holds. 

You are going about all this very methodically and level-headedly. Congrats on all your progress!

Post # 23
80 posts
Worker bee

I tried using the fitness pal but I only weigh like 95 lbs so it was so hard for me to eat 1200 calories. I would stuff my face just to get there and then feel sick. So i just try to make sure I eat when I am a little hungry.

Post # 27
373 posts
Helper bee

I have a 25 inch waist at age 39 and I eat way more than 1200 calories. However, I eat VERY little sugar/salt and eat a lot of protein, fruit and rarely any processed foods.  I really think quality is super important rather than the cal count.

Post # 30
492 posts
Helper bee

I’ve lost 50ish pounds on the LoseIt app, I highly recommend it 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors