(Closed) Anyone else wearing: OLEG CASSINI Style CT282 ??????

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
255 posts
Helper bee

@mandy83ala: I’m wearing this dress!  When I was trying on dresses a friend brought this in and said I had to try it – it had all I was looking for – lace (well its not lace…but I think the brocade is even better), fit and flair with empire waist, timeless and thanks to the discontinuation – in my price range!

I’m looking to get it altered in February and am wearing a turquoise tear drop pendant on a choker.  Also going for turquoise shoes (hopefully…having the hardest time finding truquoise mary janes). 

Post # 4
539 posts
Busy bee

This is the dress I wore for my wedding Oct 1st…absolutely love it

Post # 8
2239 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

That’s my dress too! I actually originally purchases another dress and then went back to David’s Bridal to try on another different one, but the salesperson recommended this one. I love it! I purchased purple heels to wear with it, but I think I’m going to look for something different. Here are a few pictures of me wearing it.

[attachment=1520297,191984] [attachment=1520297,191985]

Post # 9
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

Ooops…sorry they’re sideways…:(

I think I’m going for a plain edged cathedral veil…what about you ladies?

Post # 10
539 posts
Busy bee

I had lost 2 dress sizes and I don’t recommend losing more than 20 pounds from time you tried on dress when you bought, and I would talk to your alterations person, as they will know the best, kind of bunched underneath the band for me since I lost so much, but I absolutely love my dress and wish I could wear it every day, so comfy too, sorry pics so big

Post # 12
255 posts
Helper bee

I love this dress so much too!  I love the shape of it and the brocade and the beading. 

I really wanted to wear a birdcage veil.  I really like those but that was before I got such a romantic classic dress (I saw me in an edgier dress).  My Mom surprised me however by making a beautiful birdcage veil with little sparkles all over, so unless it just looks horrible together thats what I’m going for.

Thank you so much for posting the pro pics!  Did you get your dress altered at David’s?  I hear they are way over priced and I have a lot of altering to do (hem, bustle, taking in, and doing whatever it is to prevent the puckering under the breast line because I’m short waisted) and am really considering a private seamstress…if I can find any good review for one at least. David’s also wanted me to come in January for an April wedding which scares me since my weight may flucuate.

Post # 13
539 posts
Busy bee

@lfranke: I went to a private seamstress, way less expensive than what DB quoted me, and she did an amazing job! I went w/ a cathedral length veil, as you see in the pictures, felt right for me and our venue…amazing dress choice!

Post # 14
255 posts
Helper bee

What slip are you guys wearing? I tried the dress on with the fit and flare skirt (550) and I’ve been wearing it to dance lessons and have realized the band thing on top is really uncomfortable.  I think maybe its just because I’m short and it isn’t hitting the right spot but I’m not sure I can hack it.

Post # 15
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

@lfranke: I bought a fit and flare slip on ebay that I’m planning on wearing with mine. I hope it’s not too uncomfortable!

The topic ‘Anyone else wearing: OLEG CASSINI Style CT282 ??????’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors