Anyone expecting a proposal in 2019?

posted 7 months ago in Waiting
Post # 2
90 posts
Worker bee

Me!!  We discussed getting married in 2019.  We’ll only be dating a year in January but we’re 37/38.  We went to look at rings and hoping he’ll propose January or February!  Here is our top pick.

Post # 3
135 posts
Blushing bee

I am!

He has the ring and has stated that it could happen at any time in 2019.

He has been enjoying this period of time with the ring. He was very excited this holiday season to show his family the ring. He has not given too much away but has stated that our family’s reactions have been “wonderful”.

For Christmas this year he gave me a nail care set and stated “you need to keep your nails beautiful every day in 2019. Anything could happen on any day.”

Post # 4
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2019

Yes! We have the ring designed and I know he talked to my dad over the holiday. Very excited! Hoping for a proposal in the next few weeks!

Post # 5
45 posts
Newbee

I’m (35f) also waiting on the formal proposal from my to-be fiancé (34m). We selected and purchased the ring together back in November (a one-off design by Melanie Casey, really couldn’t be any more perfect for me) and he’s had the darned thing hidden in our apartment ever since. If I could go back to the conversation he and I had about the do’s and don’t’s for the proposal, I would have strongly encouraged him to do it before the December holidays (I did my best to hide it, but I was a nervous wreck the entire time), but here we are.

Anyway, my saga of waiting anxiety is already detailed at length in the post I wrote last week and its follow ups. Signs are now pointing to him planning to pop the question during the activities we have arranged for my birthday (a week from tomorrow, January 4). That said, if it doesn’t happen then, I’ve already resolved to have a calm but serious chat with him about getting us back on track with our agreed-to timeline. 

Post # 8
45 posts
Newbee

abnihon :  very pretty ring! Is that an emerald cut, a rectangular radiant, or something else? My own center stone is a rectangular radiant cut pale yellow diamond, so you can say I’m drawn to that rectangle shape!

Post # 9
45 posts
Newbee

sadiehawkins :  communication, that’s what it’s all about! It took me a verrrry long time (and a lot of screwing up/missed expectations/buildup of resentment in previous relationships) to learn how to talk about my needs, wants, feelings, etc. in an effective manner. Indeed, I didn’t really have a good handle on it until this relationship. He’s helped me a lot in that respect, and our relationship has flowed really well as a result. The fact that he and I really do talk about everything is making this process a little harder because this is an instance where I really shouldn’t bring it up, but oooohhh is it a killer, lol! 

Post # 10
90 posts
Worker bee

WasabiWithYou :  emerald cut!  He hasn’t bought it yet and it’s an estate piece so very good deal.  Hoping someone else doesn’t buy it first because if so not sure what he’ll come up with!  Lol.

Post # 11
45 posts
Newbee

abnihon :  crossing my fingers for you! I also fretted a little bit about someone else purchasing my ring since it, too, was the only one like it, and we were headed into the holiday season when I knew a lot of people would be buying rings. Hope your guy swoops in on time! Hopefully now that we’re post-holiday, there will be less rush on the hardware. 😉 

Post # 12
90 posts
Worker bee

WasabiWithYou :  do you have a pic of your ring?  

I went to “check” on my ring in the store today and still there.  Yay!  Luckily emerald cuts aren’t very popular so we *should* be ok..  But still makes me nervous!

Our anniversary is January 21st so hoping he’ll pull the trigger before then.

Good luck with your birthday celebration! 😉

Post # 13
236 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2020 - City, State

sadiehawkins :  I am! I believe he purchased the ring around Thanksgiving, but he has only seemed to get really excited about things in the recent days. He went out with his side of the family for a Christmas dinner and said that he had shown them the ring and they were all excited for us. 

Then on Christmas Day, he was so funny because he showed my entire family on my dad’s side the ring by saying that he wanted to show them a deer that his cousin had shot. I knew what he was doing. So yeah apparently he has a picture of the ring on the phone and while it is tempting I am not going to look. I do want the element of surprise. 

I have found out from my sister and best friend that he has a date set, but I dont want to know that either. My best friend gave me the timeline of between April and July so we shall see! My birthday is in April, our anniversary is in May, and his birthday is in June. 

I’m so ready for 2019! 

Post # 14
1337 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2021 - Kauai, HI

I am!  Because I am proposing. This was all fueled by another’s bees post about women proposing to men.  My SO thought it was a great idea and wanted his own proposal.  We’re 38/44. 

So this year in April I’ll be proposing on a cobblestone street in front of one of our favorite Italian restaurants. I’ve had the ring he chose since about July.  I plan to bring it on our vacation to Myrtle Beach in March, just in case a fantastic moment presents itself.  

Im almost positive he has my ring. It’s one of 3 we looked at together, but I think I know which one.  He has 6 months to propose back with my ring, or by the end of 2019.  It’s a fun little game!!  I don’t think he’ll jump my proposal, but if he does that’ll just be fun too. Here’s some pics!

Post # 15
45 posts
Newbee

abnihon :  I was going to wait to post pics until I got the ring back in my possession, but aw heck, why not? Here we go! The first image comes from the designer’s website/instagram, the second is of the ring actually on my hand back in November. My manicure was on point (I knew we were going to look, lol!) but please pardon my dry-ass looking hands. It was the first really cold day of the year, and all the moisture just got sucked right out of my skin immediately! Also, their studio isn’t really set up to be a buying showroom per se, so the lighting isn’t the best. I’ll post new pics back in my thread when I finally do get it… hopefully soon. Without further ado:

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors