Anyone expecting a proposal in 2019?

posted 2 years ago in Waiting
Post # 31
891 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

Me! I’ve known since AUgust that he was seriously considering proposing but we had only been together 7 months at that point so we both wanted to wait a bit.

its been a frequent topic and he is ordering the ring tomorrow! 

Last night he let slip that we would be engaged ASAP LOL. The ring should take about 2 weeks to get so sometime after that! I was thinking our anniversary in February but he’s giving me the impression that he doesn’t plan to wait once he has the ring in hand. 

Hes seriously such a great man and I cannot wait to marry him <3

Post # 32
45 posts
Newbee

View original reply
mel2 :  thank you! πŸ™ I’ll post better “real life” pics back in my own original thread when I finally get it. Trying not to hijack this one too much. ☺️

Post # 33
45 posts
Newbee

View original reply
mel2 :  Super exciting! Definitely keep us updated. That last sentence is best part. πŸ˜‰

Post # 35
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - Summer Camp!

My ring is on the way to his parents, and I know he’s going to soon-ish…he originally wanted to wait until our anniversary in May, but somewhere along the line we decided to not wait that long to allow more time to plan and save. I can’t wait, especially since I’ve seen a picture of the wedding set (custom design): 99A46A27-8AE7-4805-A192-B9EABA453941

Post # 36
5 posts
Newbee

View original reply
WasabiWithYou :  I don’t know how you aren’t having a heart attack! My SO did the same thing which of course resulted in a big fight. If I could give any advice whatever you do stay patient, even when it seems impossible!

Post # 37
13 posts
Newbee

sadiehawkins :  Question- when you say you knew he spoke to your dad about it over the holidays.. how do you know?

I’m like 90% sure I will have a 2019 proposal. We have been together for 5 years now and while I speak about it from time to time, it has been a little more often lol. We spoke about it tonight and I said how hard it was because while I do think he will, he won’t speak about it at all besides in the past briefly. He has told me he has a plan but leaves it at that. I said look, I just need to know will it be this year? He said yes. I said ok do you have a plan? He said yes I don’t talk about it much because I want it to be a surprise. I said ok does anyone else know of this plan? He said yes he spoke to a friend about it briefly and he said my family will know the plan too when he asks for their blessing.

Just curious how you know they spoke because while I do want it to be a surprise, I would like to know when he talks to them- it would get me excited!

Post # 38
358 posts
Helper bee

Ugh hopefully me y’all  

View original reply
bowlingallie1989 :  literally same! My boyfriend is also from Ireland and I haven’t met his parents yet either because they’re all over there! Only spoken to them on the phone a few times. 

Post # 39
99 posts
Worker bee

Lovinggggg this post!! I made a post myself about my engagement wait and I am expecting a 2019 proposal πŸ™‚ my bf had indicated that it will be late summer/early fall of this year. We have already looked at rings and a part of me tells me that he already bought it. The wait is TOUGH. We have been together for four years and your girl is ready! I’m just so excited to marry him. Either way, I’m trying to stay distracted because the latest part of his timeline, this could be a nine month wait! Loving all of your rings, so beautiful. My dream ring is a classic yellow gold, solitaire, 6 prong. Until then, I swoon over your posts and rings and read a lotttt of books hahaha 

Post # 43
11 posts
Newbee

I am! This Saturday I’m hoping. (I’m losing my mind with excitement πŸ˜„) He purchased the ring about a few weeks ago but it wasn’t ready in time for Christmas. He recently asked my bestfriend to take me out for a girls day,  this weekend to get my nails done, spa day etc. and he asked for my parents blessing yesterday! So fingers crossed that tomorrow is the day! 🀞

Post # 45
240 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
newbee592 :  how funny! Where’s he from? Are you headed over there anytime soon? I’m looking forward to meeting the future in laws finally πŸ™‚ I actually haven’t talked to them on the phone yet haha. Also, turns out my bf may be moving up the engagement so we’ll already be engaged by the time I meet them. Fingers crossed! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors