Anyone expecting a proposal in 2019?

posted 10 months ago in Waiting
Post # 46
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - City, State

Yes! He told me it *will* happen in 2019!

I was thinking he would propose on our upcoming trip this spring, but then he made some comments that made me think he was throwing me off and would do it on New Years instead. Well I was way off, New Years was a bust and he fell asleep lol.

A lot of people gave him flack for not doing it over the holidays (because he has told everyone and their mother that he is going to marry me, and we just bought a house). I’m trying to give the man some peace and not pressure him, even if I know he has every intention of doing it.

Now back to my original speculation of the upcoming vacation. Give me patience! 🙂

Post # 47
1217 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2019

I know he has the ring, and I know it’s going to happen before the end of February. I already told him to stop telling me things because I know too much, but I think he feels bad for me and is trying to calm any nerves I might have about waiting lol. We’ve been together almost 3 years and have been living together for 1 year.

Post # 48
116 posts
Blushing bee

sadiehawkins :  ahh maybe future ring twins! I told him I prefer the plain band and I think I’ll get more of an intricate wedding band. 🙂 I had to try some on to know for sure though. You look at so much online and until you have it on, it’s hard to tell! 

Post # 49
116 posts
Blushing bee

Mrsmurray2bee: oh my gosh I totally relate to this! Each holiday/vacation you start to imagine/prepare! Hahaha, it’s all about the patience. I agree though, you don’t want to be a part of that pressure and you want to give him peace, althouh that takes A LOT of effort hahah

Post # 51
212 posts
Helper bee

Meeee!!! I’m hoping it’ll be SOON since we began seriously looking in September and the ring should be ready very soon if it isn’t already!! Sometimes I’m super chill and sometimes I’m like omggggggggg HURRY!!! It’s not a negative feeling, just so much excitement thinking about it! Originally I kinda thought it would happen during the Christmas season because it’s my favorite but luckily my mom warned me that the ring wasn’t ready yet. In hindsight, I’m so glad it didn’t. The holidays this year were super stressful and I can’t imagine actually being able to have fully enjoyed an engagement with all of the running around we were doing. So excited for everyone! 

Post # 52
32 posts
Newbee

I’m thinking it’ll happen early this year. We’ve put it off a couple of years now due to my ill health and the effect that has on our finances but we’re back on track now and are good to go.

He’s been talking about it lots so I know he’s in the right head space at the moment and things are really good between us so no reason not to.

Post # 53
1891 posts
Buzzing bee

Tonight is our 1 year anniversary and we moved in together 3 months ago. We are 33 and 34. Officially waiting! Just had the final conversation tonight with the boyfriend where I sent him an email with the ring styles I like and my size etc. then we talked timelines and we agreed he would propose by end of June!! With a wedding in fall 2019. I got super emotional talking about it and cried a bit. Conversation was much scarier than I thought it would be! Now I wait! 😬😬

Post # 54
549 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - Summer Camp!

ladyjane123 :  I would definitely recommend to start looking at venues if you want this fall. My venue is already booking for 2020. 

Post # 55
119 posts
Blushing bee

More ring browsing yesterday!

Of course now I’m in love with a bigger more expensive ring.  Lol.  He’s not telling me which one he’s buying.  Which is scary and exciting.  I told him whatever he picks is fine!  He knows what I like.  He just needs to figure out what he can comfortably afford.

Our anniversary is the 21st, celebrating with a nice dinner on the 26th. So may update after that…Here’s a pic of my new favorite!

Post # 56
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: City, State

I’m 99% sure mine will happen in 2019. We are going on a romantic vacation in two weeks so possibly sooner rather than later 😉

Post # 57
116 posts
Blushing bee

@hopelight, we will have to have a check in from you after your vacation! 

Post # 58
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Kentwood, MI

sadiehawkins :  I have an update. My SO said that he is gonna be proposing on my dream place sometime when its warm. He said that he wants me to wear a sundress in 70 degrees. So I’m thinking either late March, April, or May. 

Post # 59
168 posts
Blushing bee

Post # 60
168 posts
Blushing bee

This is iconic in Michigan, and everyone knows that the most beautiful place is this bridge at nighttime.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors