- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
If I went into detail it would take up a book but I just wanted to see if drama got so bad did anyone else feel trapped?
I’m to the point where I don’t even want to have this wedding anymore and just run off and elope but we’ve put so much money and time into the wedding alread I know it will be a terrible waste of resources.
Here’s the main issue/vent – you don’t have to read if you don’t want you can just answer the main question.
We cut back from 100 people to just 27 making it a very intimate wedding. We are going to have a large side party later on for those who couldn’t come to the event.
Even though I greatly dislike her – I asked my sister to be in the wedding because 1. It would cut back on the drama and 2. My mother and grandmother would have never forgiven me thus cutting back on the drama.
She has taken over part of the wedding because 1. She needs to feel important and in control and 2. Her boyfriend of 12 years never wants to get married or have children thus this is her only chance to plan something like this.
My brother was in a great relationship until my sister decided to befriend his girlfriend and give her advice that ultimately led to said girlfriend breaking up with him.
It took a great deal to just convince him to come to the wedding… This was also the last straw on me holding back my anger against my own sister.. My parents are ultimately pretending nothing is happening and basically everyone is in a dramatic termoil because sister decided to blotch brothers relationship – to also put into place.. she doesn’t get along with brother..
I should go on Jerry Springer at this point now that I think about it…
So long story short..
Sister causes mass drama amongst family and friends. I’m to the point where I don’t want to have said wedding because
1. Sister will still be involved
2. I can’t get rid of sister due to causing more drama (aka family hating me instead)
3. Nobody is acting like they care about said wedding/ making me thing why should I even go along?.
4. Brother doesn’t want to come anymore.
5. Fiances sister wont come unless we allow her to bring her children which we told everyone no children.
6. I feel like I just don’t care anymore and nobody is listening to me due to all the family drama and I am screaming in the middle of a room and nobody is hearing me!
thank you for listening.. I’m sure there may be 100billion questions after this.. but I also needed to put this somewhere..