(Closed) Anyone have a string quartet for ceremony & cocktail hour?

posted 6 years ago in Music
Post # 3
801 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I used to do those gigs (when I was working as a cellist) and it is very expensive..

You could also consider a duet? Just as pretty and half the cost…

Post # 4
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

My Future Mother-In-Law used them for her daughter’s wedding. She said they were a major hit and worth every penny. It made the ceremony and cocktail hour very romantic and entertaining.  So she is planning on having the string quartet for our wedding next year.

Post # 5
602 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

i am booking ours for the ceremony this week! i just personally prefer something live being played!

Post # 6
466 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have a string duo (violin & cello. I was thinking flute & cello but opted for just strings) and we will have them playing at the ceremony and cocktail hour… I hope they are worth the money! lol

Post # 7
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We’re having a string trio for the ceremony & the cocktail hour. Then we’re having an iParty with a MC … it was cheaper than a night of DJ (which we didn’t want anyway, we wanted classy jazzy music – not hip hop crazy dancing and rap)

Post # 8
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I have a question! For those of you that are having them play at your ceremony, what are you having played when you walk down the aisle? Any specific songs?  

The trio that I hired is asking me what I would like played as a song list, if I have any preferences? I am no musician, just a fan really, and I’m not sure what to tell them. I don’t want to leave it up to them just yet, because I would like to hear some ideas first. 

Thank you! 

Post # 9
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

We’re having a trio but it’s a little different head. It will be violin, guitar and bass, and they primarily play swing jazz. I may have them do classical for the ceremony and jazz for the cocktail hour, or maybe just jazz the whole time since I think jazz standards can be as lovely as classical choices. I’m SUPER excited about them.

Post # 10
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I would really like to know what people paid. I’m going to put a poster up in the music dept at my college, asking for a string duo and I have no idea how much to offer.

Post # 11
679 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We’re having a string duo for our ceremony, and it was $375.

Post # 12
989 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We’re doing a trio for the ceremony only.  I’m having the toughest time deciding what to have them play.  Classical?  Modern?  They do both, but they’re modern songlist isn’t extensive enough to do ALL modern.  Unless I wanted to do an all-Beatles ceremony of course!

ETA: We’re paying $400.

Post # 13
2416 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We’re having a harpist only. She is $425 and if we wanted a duo with a violinist it would be $600…this is for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I think it’s totally worth the money and if I had more money I’d totally spring for the duo/trio/quartet. I think it’s super elegant.

Post # 14
304 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Not cheap, but i also feel it is worth it. Hopefully, I’ll save a bit by asking college students.

Post # 15
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Miss Orchard:  Hi,  can you please let me have the name of your harpist? We are looking for a reasonably priced one in Boston. Thanks

The topic ‘Anyone have a string quartet for ceremony & cocktail hour?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors