Anyone have an ultrasound around 35/36 weeks?

posted 2 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 16
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

llevinso :  Ultasound weight can be off by a couple pounds, which is a big deal to a little babe. 

I had weekly ultrasounds starting at 36 weeks until birth because little miss decided to flip breech! Around 38-39 weeks they estimated her to be just over 8lbs. She was born 41+1 at 7lbs14oz. Hope that makes you feel better, and congrats! 

Post # 18
3135 posts
Sugar bee

llevinso :  Oh, they measure mine at every appointment. Take a tape measure, go from your pelvis bone to the top of your uterus. That’s fundal height. Should be +/- 2 cm from your week.

So, 34-38 cm for 36 weeks. 

This last week was my first week measuring higher than my week, and our little guy has been measuring 2-3 weeks ahead on their ultrasound guesstimates. So maybe he’s really not *that* big.

Post # 19
1129 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I have mine on Thursday. I had a big baby last time (9 lbs 2 oz born at 37 and 5) so they are checking on his size, position and the location of my placenta. The size is the least of their worries though bc they know how inaccurate it can be. Still, it’ll be fun to see the estimate! I’ll let you know what they say!

Post # 21
3135 posts
Sugar bee

llevinso :  I’ve heard that’s one of the most reliable ways to tell if you’re having an “oversized” baby. So, if you’re within normal range presumably a baby your body can handle.

Who knows. It all seems to be a guessing game as far as size goes. I’m just working on my kegel exercises and hoping for the best!

You’re due in 3 weeks or something close right?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors