(Closed) Anyone have experience with Jeffliu8000 aprils bridal?

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
949 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

I don’t have any experience with Jeff Liu, but if you search for “Jeff Liu” here on the boards, you’ll find a lot of previous posts that might help!

Post # 5
2701 posts
Sugar bee

@MamaDIY: I did a full review on him for my replica dress. I have nothing but good things to say.

Post # 6
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

i ordered my dress through him and it was a great experience. i sent him photos of three different pictures and told him i wanted the shape of one dress, the top of another and the back of another. it came out great and only cost me $199!!

and this is the back of it on me…

Post # 7
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I ordered through him and loved my dress. No beading though.

I’ve heard he’s great with satin, not so great with chiffons/tulles.

Post # 8
2246 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hi. I am probably one of the few that have had a horrible experience. It was my first time purchasing a dress online and I had heard many good reviews.

In short it was nothing like I ordered.

Very unflattering

I didn’t get a refund as stated in his site

I ended up loosing out on my money

He charged me about $250 and it wasn’t worth any of that.

If you can’t read through my review then please just look at the pics. The tell the whole story as well as my writing.

Jeff Liu/Aprils Bridal- CHINA DRESS- is in

For the record I was a kind and hopeful customer. I just became disappointed at his level of care and product.

Post # 11
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@mamadiy: i ordered my dress at the end of march and received it the first week of may. he originally told me he couldn’t send e pictures because they we’re slammed with all the spring weddings but he ended up sending several pictures anyway and offered to change anything i wanted before it got shipped out. he quoted me at $199 and thats exactly what it came out to.

Post # 12
2246 posts
Buzzing bee

@ddw:

True mine was supposed to be a tulle. I can definetly say I didn’t like the material he chose. Kinda hard to describe but it was like soft, white, cardboard.

I am assuming from other girls that the rest of the materials are much better.

Also maybe I had the newest seamstress they ever had.

He also refused to send me pics because they were supposed to be quite busy.

I can only say that the pic that came with the dress that arrived (not an internet confirmation pic) was entirely different from the dress that was in the box. Same style from a different person. That dress had actual beading and mine had silver sequin throughout the dress. I wasn’t allowed to ship it back. I wasn’t allowed a full refund. I wasn’t covered by ebay. I wasn’t covered by paypal. I spent $250 on the dress! He gave me only $100 and after so many emails refused to even apologize.

I could cry writing this now. I am so emotional over how the company not only treated me with their service, after my kindness but destroyed a gorgeous design.

At the end of the day I sold the dress for $50  because it wasn’t worth any more than that. I also had to buy a new dress from a different company.

Because of the success of my second dress I try to put aside the damage that was done to me by aprilsbridal but its still hard.

I don’t think I have every had such poor customer care.

Post # 13
2246 posts
Buzzing bee

@MsLaceyBride:

I am sorry for the negativity. Part of me wants to keep my opinions to myself but the other part of me is just really broken.

I hope that your dress is just as gorgeous as the others I have seen. If he asks for more time then just give it to him.

Thats one thing many girls seem to need with this company is time. They sometimes need an extra month or so to finish.

Probably because of their high volume.

Good luck. Very few girls have been like me.

The topic ‘Anyone have experience with Jeffliu8000 aprils bridal?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors