(Closed) anyone having a smaller wedding under $6,000?

posted 4 years ago in DIY
Post # 2
21 posts
Newbee

The title was confusing until I noticed that you posted in DIY.

The only thing I’m DIYing is my place cards. The total cost of the wedding will come to almost $6,000 for 14 people.

Our intention to be generous in the per person cost but not break the bank. I am paying for the entire wedding and he is paying for our honeymoon.

Post # 3
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
anonybeemas :  Thats kind of a lot for just 14 people??? I’m in NJ and thats almost half the price of my banquet hall for 120 people…  that’s 425$ a person!!! thats insane… 

Post # 4
1338 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Painswick Church and the Falcon Hotel

We had 50 day guests and 85 evening guests we found a cute rustic converted barn in the grounds of a hotel opposite our church which was perfect I’d didn’t need much decorating as it had plenty of charm, we cleared away some of the tables in the evening to have a disco, our day guests had a 3 course meal, and free drinks on arrival for EVERYTHING our wedding day ended up costing around £5,500. Good luck with all your planning I’m sure your day will be lovely!      

Post # 5
915 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
waterg :  your hubby looks so happy and the church is goregous!

Post # 6
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Having 75 people for the reception but a friend offered food so a few friends and family offered to cook it and I have a free venue because it’s another friend’s lawn. Have to pay for tents, tables and chairs but another friend is providing them so they offered a discount. Will be DIYing the flowers and centerpieces, decor and am working with a friend to design the invites. I ordered a Chinese dress (yikes?) and petticoat but will see how they look upon arrival. Back up plan is a dress I am trying tomorrow that a lady is selling for $100US. David’s bridal jewel collection dress. Style: WG3730

Budget bride so I’m thankful I have a lot of people who offered help when they knew I got engaged.

Think my most expensive thing will be photographer at $400US but he does free engagement shoots and DJ maybe $200 US.

Post # 7
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

I’m trying to!! We are planning for around 65 people.

Already spent $1095 for venue for ceremony and reception, $900 for 5 hours of photography and $50 for save the dates.

Prospective breakdown as follows:

Venue: $1095 (provides tables and chairs)

Photog: $900 (friend from high school who is starting out and is already AMAZING)

Food: $1100

Bartender (required in my state, wah): $300  

Booze: $300 (buying our own instead of having it supplied by the bartender and only doing beer +wine)

Flowers: $300

Dress: $500

Linen: $100

Decoration: $150

Favors: $200

Gifts: $200

Cake: $200

DJ: $400 for 5 hours (may not have one) 

Officiant: $0 (good friend is marrying us!) 

Invites and STDs: $150

Total Prospective: $5,695

I’m sure that I’m missing some small things, but that’s what it’s looking like so far.

DIYing my own flowers by ordering in bulk from Costco. Should get 8 centerpieces, 4 bouquets and 4 boutonnieres. May supplement with some flowers from trader joes if necessary.

I ordered our Save The Dates on etsy as a digital file and then had them printed at a local shop that also provided envelopes. I think I could have done it cheaper, but I’m pleased with how they turned out and the experience has encouraged me to give it a shot for the invitations too which I’m thinking will probably cost around $100.

I’m also thinking about making our cake, just making a small one and then having a catered dessert. 

Good luck and if you have any tips, send them my way!! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 9
21 posts
Newbee

View original reply
VintageGirl1020 :  The photographer was half of it, especially in my area. Like I said, we chose to have a small gathering and be generous with per person cost. Thanks for criticizing how I choose to spend my money.

Post # 10
338 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

View original reply
Morgan Daguison :  that is really awesome. I’m trying to figure out my bouquet and those for my girls.No Costco etc here where I live so I was thinking to order some fake ones and let my bro bring them back when he visits the US. For a friend’s wedding we ordered some hair clips from eBay which were pretty good though so considering that route as well.

Post # 11
3440 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2017 - Poppy Ridge Golf Course

Ours is simple, fairly casual and intimate. Currently 30 guests, 36 max. save the dates, invitations, dress, park ceremony, plated restaurant reception, photographer, music, flowers, centerpieces, chairs, hair/make-up, limo bus transportation, suit and shoes total less than $4800. Haven’t done anything specific to cut costs except mild research and price compare. Only thing thats DIY will be the music and centerpieces. We had a DJ in mind with the venue we originally booked but after canceling and changing locations a DJ seems unnecessary. Initial budget was $7,000.

Post # 12
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Early in planning for us, but we are expecting about 20 – 25 guests with budget around  $7000 Canadian.

Our venue is  $650 (ceremony and reception) + $85 per person. That doesn’t include drinks. We are just having a dinner reception, no dancing so drink costs shouldn’t be astronomical. 

I plan to get my dress on Etsy.

My only plan for  DIY is buying bulk flowers and assembling centerpieces.

I’m looking forward to a casual, fun, low stress wedding.

Post # 14
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
anonybeemas :  That makes total sense knowing you hired a professional for photos you’re overreacting I wasn’t trying to criticize you at all. 

Post # 15
1338 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Painswick Church and the Falcon Hotel

View original reply
greeneyedamber :  aw thanks 

The topic ‘anyone having a smaller wedding under $6,000?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors