(Closed) Anyone remove some of the crinoline from Allure 8862?

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I just had my first fitting and was SO hot in this dress with all those layers.  Initially when I tried on the dress, I stuffed all the crinoline between my legs to see the look without it.  That’s why I bought it.  Also it wasn’t me to have all of that poof… I’m small at 5 feet nothing and I felt it was way too much dress for me.  So I told the seamstress to remove ALL of it.  They cut it out right then and there and I felt so relieved.  Now it has much more of an A-line look but it somewhat buckles in at the bottom since there’s no crinoline to fan out the dress and keep the huge ballgown shape.  I had wanted more of an A-line shape from the start so that’s fine with me but I might borrow my friend’s slip that has minimal crinoline at the bottom to keep the bottom fanned out for the pictures and ceremony.  Then I’ll take off the slip for the reception!  I don’t go back for another month but I’ll take pictures when I do!

Post # 4
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@jen1021:  I am also dying to see pics!!!!

Post # 5
12 posts
Newbee

@jen1021:  any pics yet without the crinoline?

Post # 6
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Would love to see the pictures!

Post # 7
13 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Sorry for the delay!! The first photo is a close up of the dress without the crinoline.  The next is a photo from the side with my groom =)  It came out beautifully in most of the pictures.  In some pics, it looked a little flatter towards the bottom, but overall I loved it!  By the way, the dress is so heavy! I should have unzipped it halfway through the night and re-adjusted it because as the night progressed (and as I danced more and more), it definitely dropped a bit.

Post # 8
12 posts
Newbee

Thank you so much for sharing Jen! You and the dress look absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

Post # 9
334 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

@jen1021:  Thank you for posting a picture! I have been debating how much of the crinoline to cut out of this dress, because I feel way poofier in it than I would like. The seamstress told me if I took it all out it wouldn’t lay correctly anymore, but i think yours looks wonderful.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the dress with a bustle? I’m debating beteween bustling it or just chopping off the train altogether in order to take out some more weight.

Post # 10
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@jen1021:  Oh, I love it less poofy!!

The topic ‘Anyone remove some of the crinoline from Allure 8862?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors