(Closed) Anyone seen/tried on Allure 8856?

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 114
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@kar82: Congratulations- you picked an awesome dress. I wore mine 2 weeks ago now and loved every second of it. So many people complimented the vintage/classic style. It didn’t cost me any extra for the alterations because of the two layers ($100 total, including the bustle). I also ordered the dress much larger than I ended up needing and I had it taken in a great deal, I think that also helped with how it layed on my hips and I didn’t need any shapeware in the end. I had cups sewn in to the top and used garmet tape to make sure that the dress stuck to me. I was nervous about ordering such a large size, 16, when I was wearing 10-12 street size and I went down another size from working out but it didn’t make the alterations any more complicated.

I also wore mine in ivory/ivory, it was beautiful!

Post # 115
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Hi all – I know this is an old thread, but I’m wearing this dress in May and trying to figure out whether I should wear a necklace or not.  Right now I’m leaning towards not, but if any of you are able to share pics from your wedding (with or without necklace), that would be great!

Post # 116
1 posts
Wannabee

Hey y’all.  I just had my first fitting appointment where I was wearing the dress for more than 10 minutes for the first time.  Anyone else experience extreme itchiness with the straps on the shoulders and underarms?  My skin was RED when I took it off.  My seamstress said she wouldn’t be able to do anything about the shoulders since sewing in a softer piece of fabric under the straps would show through, but she placed a piece of fabric in the underarms to see if it would help, but I didn’t really notice a difference.  Anyway, wanted to see if any of you have this problem.  I’m nervous about being uncomfortable my wedding day.  FYI, I bought this undergarment and it is amazing – I want to wear it under all my clothes now.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030XVK5I/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The topic ‘Anyone seen/tried on Allure 8856?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors