(Closed) Anyone shed some light on this?

posted 6 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Would it be easier to get married at a court house type thing before the wedding, then having the ceremony in CA?  That way you don’t have to go through all the rigamorale and you would have easier access to wedding paperwork when you need it.

Post # 4
7293 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2011

You need to do whatever legal ramifications necessary in Canada. I do not believe any US wedding will be legal in Canada.

 You can do a spirtual/cermony type thing for sure. Just it won’t be legally recognized.

Post # 6
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I’m getting married in Haiti. I know we’ll have to get our marriage certificate translated, but I assume for the name change things it’s the same process as having a US marriage license. Sorry I dont’ know anything more about the Canada/US process.

The topic ‘Anyone shed some light on this?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors