(Closed) Anyone spend less that $600 on their dress?

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 77
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2010

$400 + 25% discount because it was ‘off the rack’.  Got my daughter’s dress (she’s our flower girl) for $60!  No major alterations needed, luckily my mother-in-law is a seamstress so she was able to shorten my daughter’s dress a bit and she just made my panel a bit bigger in the back, so I don’t have to lace is as tight, and it fits perfect!  We’ve been together almost 14 years, and we kind of decide spur of the moment to finally make it official.  We only gave ourselves 8 weeks to plan everything so we’re on a budget and a strict time line.  So happy I found one I loved!

Here it is:

[attachment=1300364,165435]

Post # 78
411 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I got my dress for $254 through Running of the Brides!  I loved it!

Post # 79
16 posts
Newbee

Yup! Beautiful Eden Bridals dress for $338

Post # 80
10216 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

I have two dresses bought one from bravo bride for 300 (it’s the one I will wear)

second dress bought at alfred angelo’s $100.00 gown sale, and it was 100.00!!! it was $1100 off. 

Post # 81
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

$285 for the $500 dress on ebay (it was new, unworn, I feel bad for the unknown story behind it) and $150 for the alterations. ~$450 total.

Post # 82
2495 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

Mine was $179 for a David’s Bridal online dress.  I bought it just to see if I liked it and I fell in love with it!!  It still needs some alterations and I need to get under-things for it, so we’ll see what the final cost is later!

Post # 83
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I paid $100 for a simple mermaid dress at a bridal boutique! I am having alterations put a sweetheart neckline, corset back, and sew on a beaded crystal sash – all for around $450!

lNZlm7.png

Post # 84
1166 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I paid right around $600 for a Maggie Sottero gown from a highly rated bridal salon. The trick: I bought the floor sample, so they gave me a huge discount. Don’t deny yourself the fun of visiting a real bridal salon! Just let them know your budget and see what they can do. And if they can’t offer you something within your budget, at least you’ll know what styles and lines you like and you can shop around on eBay, Craigs List and other discount sources. Good luck!

Post # 85
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: Private home

View original reply
@sassy411: Thank you! 

The topic ‘Anyone spend less that $600 on their dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors