Anyone TTC in 2019?

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 17
438 posts
Helper bee

This is the first time I’ll admit this to anyone but FH but I think we’re going to start trying this fall. I’m nervous but excited!

Before that: 

Buying a house / moving / settling in

Saving a bit more 

Trying to get really healthy. I eat pretty clean and rarely drink so I want to keep that up. I want to exercise more. Wen off BC last summer because it made me feel insane so just making sure everything is in order with my body. 

Honestly I could get pregnant tomorrow and I’d probably be fine with it 🙂 

Post # 18
2586 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

els2016 :  we will be TTC next year. I am planning on getting my mirena IUD removed in August of this year after we get back from France.

We’ll be NTNP for a few months, then maybe start actually trying by January. I’m a teacher though so it would be ideal if we get pregnant in the fall so I can birth in the spring and have the summer with the baby before going back to work. 

We are traveling to France to celebrate 10 years together and 1 year married. Other than that I just want to finish up clearing my credential which will be done next spring. Hopefully my husband will get funding so he can continue to do his research and stop freaking out over writing proposals for money. 

Other than that I just want to get the most out of my sleeping in and weekends with nothing to do while I still can. 

Post # 19
58 posts
Worker bee

We are! We are ready this year and we started last month, but after further consideration, we decided we’d rather relocate to another country in Europe first (thinking Spain, but Germany and Austria are also contenders). So we will probably start again around February or March of 2019, when we’re planning to relocate. It would make things a bit easier if we spoke the language, lol (and we don’t speak it where we live now, in Budapest). Plus I trust the healthcare system a lot more in Western Europe than here. So I think we’ll take the rest of the year to do some more traveling, and perhaps add some time in South America after our trip to see our families in the US in December. 

So while it feels a little sad to keep waiting, I think we’re both excited to be able to travel and to be just us for one more year. 

Post # 20
711 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2019

If we decide to have kids, 2019 will likely be our year to try! We’re getting married in March so this year is all about wedding planning. I’m also looking for a better paying job. I went off the pill last month to give myself some time for my body to regulate itself. It’s been about six weeks and I haven’t had a period but from what I’ve read this is normal. 

Post # 22
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

We are! We’re actually due to get IUI at the beginning of 2019 (we hope). We’re UK-based and qualify for fertility treatment on the NHS, so we’re really lucky in that respect.

Can’t wait to start a family, but obviously it would be better to be able to control the timing of TTC. That’s literally the only downfall of being on a waiting list.

We’re buying a house and getting legally married – which will be before our actual wedding with family and friends. Already got the house in the bag, and the marriage will be happening in the next 6 months!

My partner is already taking vitamins regularly (vitamin D was specifically requested by the doctor) and will be starting folic acid at the end of September just in case (again at the request of Doc).

laughing

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  msbtobe. Reason: ETA: any of the information that was actually requested... got excited sooorrrry
Post # 23
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

msbtobe :  Woo!  So exciting!!  Congrats to you!  You are another female couple???  Awesome to have another couple in a similar situation TTC around the same time.  My wife and I are both so nurturing and so ready to be mothers that we can’t wait!  

Post # 24
269 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

1111makeawish :  Thank you – you too! We are. It’s nice to know we’re not alone. Have you got much control over when you start the process?

Post # 25
459 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

msbtobe : We do.  Next month we have a meeting with our RE.  That is when we will know the game plan.  We are lucky to have a really good fertility clinic down the street from us.  We would really love to actually conceive in December or January and our meeting will go over how to make that possible.  She and I would love to do it tomorrow, but have to wait for other life reasons.  I am the one going to be carrying and I have PCOS (I have a sister will the same condition and she has had to do IVF) so we are thinking we will probably skip straight to IVF to save time and money because IUI will most likely not work on me but maybe we will try that for a couple of cycles.  My insurance thankfully covers egg retrieval and embryo transfer.  Sperm is expensive though so do not want to waste a bunch.  I am sure the RE will know what course is best for us.  Are you or your Fiance being the one to carry?

Post # 26
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

The two non negotiable I won’t consider TTC until these are accomplished left on our list are travel (at least one trip to Europe) and to purchase a home. The first will be happening this fall and the second we will start by the end of this year. 

I also dont want to buy and move into a home and TTC immediately so we will most likely not start until the end of next year, at the earliest maybe fall.

It feels great right now just making progress on those last few goals. 

Post # 27
5021 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2018

We talked about it today, actually, and decided we’re going to TTC next year! FH wants a kid before he’s 30 and he’ll turn 28 next year. We have a house already (mine from before we met), and so the only thing we’re really waiting for is the wedding. We’d be fine if it happened for us now, but we’d rather wait until we’re married to try. 

Post # 28
1736 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

We want to TTC #2 in spring/summer of 2019.  Before that, I want to lose about 20 pounds and do some work on our home & yard. 

Then, there are a few selfish things.  My family is taking a disney world trip in early 2019, and I want to be able to go on rides.  My daughter is a handful at 1.5, and I want her to mature a little bit.  Also, my dogs are 11 and 10 years old.  We do dog agility together and it is my favorite hobby.  I had to quit for about 6 months when I was in the 3rd trimester and my daughter was a newborn.  I think if I had to stop again, my pups would be too old to start back up again.  I want a little more time doing it with them.

Also, I had a previous miscarriage before having my daughter, and a very stressful pregnancy with her.  I enjoy the feeling of not having to worry about my own health constantly, so I am not in a hurry to potentially go through all that again.

Post # 29
549 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Yes! We are going to TTC likely late next year. We are getting married this September but we want to get a bigger car first and likely move into a bigger place (i have a 2 door very small car & we rent a small 2 bedroom unit). I’m also going to have some shots which my dr has recommended. I’m already off BC. Can’t wait! 🙂

Edit: I will be 31 and he will be 38 so it will be good timing for us too. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors