Anyone TTC in 2019?

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 32
37 posts
Newbee

Bump- anyone want to get this thread started again? We are planning to start TTC in Janurary 2019! Until then, I have started charting, I will start taking prenatals in a couple months, and I am planning on getting my IUD taken out in December. We have a trip planned for Paris for next June, so I am hoping it will be a babymoon!

Post # 33
460 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

Ktina17 :  I’m all for bumping this thread because I am so antsy to actually TRY! haha (btw are a same-sex couple so lots of logistics planning involved)  I have fertility issues so with our doctor we decided doing IVF would be best for me and because of my condition, I would not qualify for a “fresh transfer” and have to do a frozen one which is why we went ahead and did the egg retrieval in July to give my body time to recover from stimulation!  We are going to Punta Cana in November so it will be January before we are clear to transfer one of our embryos into me to hopefully become pregnant!  The fact that our embryos already exist and are sitting in a freezer has me SO READY to start our family.  It is hard to wait but we cannot cancel or change our trip and I am not risking a zika infection during pregnancy.

Post # 34
37 posts
Newbee

I know it’s so hard to wait! I bet it makes it even harder knowing your embryos are ready and waiting! My husband doesn’t want to start until January which makes most sense logically. I want to switch to a better insurance plan for this next year and that won’t go in effect until January. But now that we have this Paris trip planned for the first week of June, we definitely can’t try before January or we wouldn’t be able to make the trip anymore! 

Post # 35
452 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2018

Ktina17 :  I’m up for bumping this thread. 

We got married in Jan and the discussion with everyone (family, colleagues, friends etc) was that we would have kids in 3-5 years because I’m quite young. I know it’s crazy to say it, but I’ve always wanted to be a mom and I couldn’t wait that long, so Darling Husband and I agreed to start trying mid 2019, I just need to finish a postgrad course, which I will next year. 

Hopefully by the time I fall pregnant, we will have been married for a year and a half. 

Post # 36
37 posts
Newbee

lioness21 :  How old are you and DH? We got married last July and also originally planned a few years after the wedding, but we both feel ready and don’t want to wait anymore! We’ve been together for 6 years, own a house, have great jobs, and have done tons of traveling together. We are just so excited to start a family. We are 25/27.

Post # 37
37 posts
Newbee

1111makeawish :  I realized I didn’t tag you in my reply earlier. Sorry! Have been lurking for a little while now but just now getting into posting.

Post # 38
460 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

Ktina17 :  Haha yeah!  Honestly, it is a good thing we can’t get pregnant on our own because I feel like my wife and I would have a drunken night and just go for it wink.  I think she may be even more antsy than me to start!  I describe her as a mother without a baby (she is incredibly nurturing) so I cannot wait to give her her baby.  Now every time we are in public she is just oogling at every single baby and toddler….”BABE!! Look at that baby at 4 o’clock”. I have always wanted to be a mom too so we are just so excited 🙂

I am super jealous of your Paris trip!  That would be an amazing babymoon.  I’d love to go to Greece for a babymoon but doubt we will be able to afford it so the baby may come along on a delayed babymoon later.

lioness21 :  Not crazy!  There are no rules as to how old you have to be or how long you have been married.  I am youngish (27 in two weeks…is that still young? haha) and am SO READY to be a mom so  I get it.

Post # 39
1287 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Location

Haha I feel crazy for starting to look at these threads already 😀 We want to wait until our one year anniversary, so next August. Then I’ll stop birth control and hopefully just take folic acid and NTNP at first…I figure if it doesn’t happen after a few months then I’ll move into TTC mode, but not right away. 

Post # 40
37 posts
Newbee

1111makeawish :  I do the same thing with babies with my husband! He isn’t as excited yet as I am because he feels like January is still a long way away. But I also start planning future things and get way too excited. It doesn’t stop me from talking about it all the time though.

We went to Spain for our honeymoon and didn’t think we would be able to get another Europe trip in before kids, but found super cheap flights to Paris so we just had to go! Haha

Post # 41
330 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Me!  My hubby and I plan on starting to TTC no later than summer of 2019, and hopefully earlier.  I’ll be either 30, or 31 if it’s after May when we start : ).  I am getting my IUD out this month and am working to taper off a number of medications.  The medication tapers are pretty nerve wracking, but on top of that I need to lose about 40 pounds before we start.  I’ve struggled with eating and weight all my life and am at a high point right now.  I’d like to be feeling more healthy as we begin the process.  I wish so much that I were at that point now because the desire to become a mom is SO STRONG, and it increased SO QUICKLY in the last 6 months or so.  That biological clock is REAL lol.  Good luck to everyone and hope to connect with many of you during this process!     

Post # 42
471 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Well, I’m currently 30 weeks pregnant with baby number 2, due November 2018.  We want three kids though.  #1 was born Sept 2015, and we’d like the last two to be closer in age – so we’ll probably start trying again around October 2019 (so I have enough hours for mat leave, and a year of work between leaves so I can get my company’s top up again)…. ideally I’ll have another fall baby (and my maternity wardrobe will work for me again).

Once this baby is on the outside I’ll keep taking prenatals all through (especially since I hope to breastfeed longer this time – with a 12 month goal).

Try to get my body back into shape for pregnancy, and hopefully won’t have to recover from a section this time around – but if I do, that’s all the more reason to get back into good shape. This includes a goal of running a half marathon in August-Sept 2019.

I’ll also request a pap (even though I won’t be due for one right away) as I had abnormal cells and then two LOOP excisions (part of the reason my first and second are so far apart – the other reason is late first trimester miscarriage).

I’ll jump right into using OPK’s and temping when we do start again (and will probably start using them at 6 months), just so I’m fully on top of my cycle.

Husband and I will not be using any form of birth control after this baby, but will be tracking my cycles and TTA using FAM.  If we do get pregnant sooner, I’d be able to return to work earlier to ensure the hours for gov’t maternity leave, and would just lose out on the top up (which wouldn’t be ideal, but isn’t the end of the world for us, and my body responds poorly to birth control).

Post # 43
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Finally! A board I can join! I am so stinking excited, I have lurked TOO LONG! We are officially set for Fall of 2019! Before then we have a few goals, paying off a few small loans and debts, building up our savings and finishing it off with a bang and climbing Machu Pichu (then start trying after our 3 month zika waiting period is up). We are big travelers and have pretty much decided there isn’t much more we can’t do with a baby, however, climbing a huge mountain and roughing it for a few days is one of those last things we’d like to do so we can settle into parenthood feeling satisfied smile. I went off the pill last month (much to my parents dismay, it does NOT mean we are trying right now) just wanted to regulate and learn my body, also lots of gym sessions in my future trying to get fit and healthy to house a baby!

Post # 44
452 posts
Helper bee

Ktina17 :  I’m 22 and Darling Husband is 26. We’ve been together since I was 18 and he was 22, so just over 4 years. I come from a very religious background and we got married because we wanted to do things ‘the right way’, on top of being completely and madly in love with him, and wanting to be a family 😃

I think the reason why I also wanted to get married and have children significantly younger is because my parents got married at 36 and had my brother and I at 37 and 42. My mom passed away when I was 6 and my dad when I was 10. I guess I just feel that if they had had children younger, they would have had more time to spend with them. 

Post # 45
452 posts
Helper bee

1111makeawish :  Haha, I always cringe at having to tell people my age! I’m a highschool teacher, and my friends/colleagues at work are 9+ years older than I am. I suppose I just felt like I matured a lot younger than most people because of the experiences I’ve had in life. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors