Dh and I just got married 6/2018, and the plan is to start TTC 5/2018.
We would actually put it off longer if not for my age. I’ll be 34 when we start TTC, and we want at least 2 kids.
I am a bit nervous about my age and have been researching a TON to prepare us as well as possible in case we run into any difficulty.
– I bought the Ava bracelet and am about to complete my first full cycle with it. This is to ensure I’m actually ovulating, and to learn what my temps “typically” look like throughout a cycle.
– I’m also doing OPK’s during my fertile window to confirm ovulation and zero in on O day +/- a day.
– I’ve read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and It Starts with the Egg (among others), and researched the pregnancy triad and the SMEP method.
– Thanks to It Starts with the Egg, I’ve started taking Ubiquinol and Prenatals (Smarty Pants – I swear they prevent hangovers too!), we’ve switched all our personal hygeine products to natural brands like Shea Moisture, switched household cleaning products to natural brands, use only glass containers, Dh is about to start taking Smarty Pants men’s Multivitamin, and we are going to slowly transition to a heavily Mediterranean diet.
– Once we start TTC, we will both also cut drinking almost entirely out.
– I haven’t been on hormonal BC in almost a decade, so we are good to go in that department.
As for things we want to get done beforehand.
– Dh wants to transition into a different career, so hopefully he can get that done BEFORE we start trying.
– We own our home, but it’s a condo, and we’d really like to buy a house with a yard and move in some time in the next year or two.
– I plan to trade in my car and get a compact SUV before baby is born.
– We’d like to do one more trip before getting pregnant, so we are thinking HI in the early spring.