Anyone TTC in 2019?

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 48
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I’ll join this thread. We are planning to TTC #2 in summer or fall of 2019. I have an IUD but it’s non-hormonal so I have no plans on getting it out yet. Baby number one is 7 months and we want a 2-3 year age gap. It’s definitely scary to think about because I really don’t feel ready to go through pregnancy and newborn times again, but it will be worth it! 

We bought a home and are moving in early 2019. We have some renovations to do. I want to finish losing my baby weight (7 lbs to go) and get into a better exercise routine. It’s hard b/c baby #1 wakes up 2-3 times at night so I prioritise sleep over exercise.

Post # 49
2493 posts
Buzzing bee

Dh and I just got married 6/2018, and the plan is to start TTC 5/2018.

We would actually put it off longer if not for my age. I’ll be 34 when we start TTC, and we want at least 2 kids. 

I am a bit nervous about my age and have been researching a TON to prepare us as well as possible in case we run into any difficulty.

– I bought the Ava bracelet and am about to complete my first full cycle with it. This is to ensure I’m actually ovulating, and to learn what my temps “typically” look like throughout a cycle.

– I’m also doing OPK’s during my fertile window to confirm ovulation and zero in on O day +/- a day. 

– I’ve read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and It Starts with the Egg (among others), and researched the pregnancy triad and the SMEP method.

– Thanks to It Starts with the Egg, I’ve started taking Ubiquinol and Prenatals (Smarty Pants – I swear they prevent hangovers too!), we’ve switched all our personal hygeine products to natural brands like Shea Moisture, switched household cleaning products to natural brands, use only glass containers, Dh is about to start taking Smarty Pants men’s Multivitamin, and we are going to slowly transition to a heavily Mediterranean diet. 

– Once we start TTC, we will both also cut drinking almost entirely out.

– I haven’t been on hormonal BC in almost a decade, so we are good to go in that department. 

As for things we want to get done beforehand.

– Dh wants to transition into a different career, so hopefully he can get that done BEFORE we start trying.

– We own our home, but it’s a condo, and we’d really like to buy a house with a yard and move in some time in the next year or two.

– I plan to trade in my car and get a compact SUV before baby is born.

– We’d like to do one more trip before getting pregnant, so we are thinking HI in the early spring. 

Post # 50
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Hey! There’s a few youngins on here like me! We’re 24 and will be 25 by the time we start NTNP, goal is to have our first baby around 26-27 but all my female family members have struggled alot with fertility so we will be in camp “pull the goalie see what happens” for a while before we start temping and all that only because I am nervouse to get my hopes up too much. 

Post # 51
99 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Count me in for spring 2019 too! We’re both settled in great jobs (plus we live in Canada, with the option of taking an 18-month mat leave) and we’re lucky to have both sides of our families nearby. We’ve done quite a bit of travelling together, but we’re waiting until after going on our (delayed) honeymoon to South Africa in February (we’re a bit sad we’ll have to avoid Kruger National Park because we’ll be going during malaria season and you have to wait 3-6months post anti-malarials to TTC but there are some other safari areas we can check out). I’ll turn 30 in the spring and hubby is 33.

I’m super stoked (a ton of our friends have had babies in the past 2 years) but also anxious. I’m getting my IUD out next week to try figure out my cycles (I’ve never been regular). I also work at a major Children’s hospital so it’s going to take effort on my part not to catastophize a bit along the way. It can be really easy to think that certain conditions and “worse case secenarios” are the norm, but in reality we see the 1-2 kids in the province affected, etc.

Post # 52
417 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2018

Serious talk of TTC in 2019! First (and quite likely only) one so the prospect is quite daunting. I also have 2 very large uterine fibroids that may complicate things. I’ll be visiting the GP next week and I’ll bring up the topic of TTC in the not too far future. I’m already very healthy otherwise so no other changes. Might convince the fiance to take cooler showers though hahaha.

Post # 53
6398 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

I hope to start trying for number two in 2019 🤞 we just had a baby girl in April, and we might start going NTNP around her first birthday. It took us 9 months to get a BFP last time, so we kind of hope to accidentally fall pregnant. But if that doesn’t happen in the first 3-6 months of NTNP, I’m sure there will be a lot of temping and charting again. I’ve just stayed on prenatal vitamins since I’m nursing… And I have no plan to stop taking them until I’m done nursing my second.

Post # 54
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We do! Probably starting in May. I’m in SeaOfLove’s 2018 birth month group and I love when our son was born (late March) so we plan to start trying the same month we started in 2017. Same as SeaOfLove here, I’ve been on prenatals for a year and a half since TTC, pregnancy and nursing and will probably stay on them for the foreseeable future. I got my cycle back at four months postpartum (lucky me!) so I’m charting but not temping. Otherwise I plan to start OPK’s in January or February to make sure I’m ovulating. Hopefully our little guy is sleeping better by then or temping will be utterly useless lol 

Post # 55
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

We plan on trying for #1 starting no earlier than Feb/Mar 2019. The sooner the better in my eyes but we just moved, and even though hubby has a great job, I want/need to get working too. I’m in the US and will likely work somewhere that qualifies for FMLA so I want to try my best to work for a year before needing to take any leave. We also have a small trip planned for September which I don’t want to be too far along for. Oh and I just bought a new set of skis and wouldn’t want to miss too much of this season!

In an ideal world we could save up and move to a bigger place, I’d love to own my own home but that’s not in the cards right now. So I’m wrapping my head around having a baby in our one bedroom apt at least for a short amount of time, and realizing it’s not the end of the world as some would have you think. I turned 30 recently and I’m getting SO impatient. I only really want 2 so it’s not too bad, but I just want to make this happen.

I’ve been temping/charting for a year now. I’ve been using it to avoid lately but before we decided to move we tried for a couple months and got lucky, then unfortunately unlucky shortly after. I’m hoping it’s fast again but that it actually sticks. A big move was on our list to do beforehand anyway so part of me is glad we were able to make that happen more easily.

Post # 56
281 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Jazzylove :  completely agree with the biological clock ticking so much more loudly at 30! I’m seeing pregnant women and babies literally everywhere. I swear they weren’t there before, people must have just started having more babies 😂

duchessgummybunns :  It never hurts to be prepared but the more I pay attention to it, the more it seems like most women in their mid to late 30’s don’t have any issues getting pregnant. My husband keeps talking about maybe even wanting a third and at first the idea of having a kid over 35 freaked me out, but I’ve realized it’s rarely that big of a deal. As long as you’re healthy I guess.

campingbee :  It’s bad enough having google at your fingertips to find all the worst case scenarios. I imagine that kind of work is tough when you’re starting your own family. Best of luck keeping the anxiety at bay!

SeaOfLove :  Here’s hoping you have a happy “accident” before you spiral back into the crazy world of TTC!

Post # 57
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Us! It feels soooo weird to say that, even though I’m turning 30 in less than a month. We have to go to Brazil in July for a wedding so with the updated CDC guidelines that puts us in early October to start. In the meantime I’ve started taking prenatals and am meeting with my doctor to come up with a plan to wean off my anxiety medication. Once that process is going I’ll also stop birth control pill. Husband wants to find a new job and we want to at least be in the process of buying a house. Lots to do in the meantime, but all good (even if it’s totally overwhelming)!

Post # 58
6398 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

jbirdlee1015 :  Thank you, dear! We’re still in the 4-month sleep regression over here and haven’t really seen the light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully I’m sleeping better soon, because right now there’s no time for BDing anyways 😂

Post # 59
1148 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Ok I’ll join. We’re planning to TTC summer 2019. Hoping for a spring/early summer 2020 baby if it goes well. I also need to take out my IUD, It was painful when I got it and it actually got me a little scared of having kids (apparently the pain is comparable to small contractions). We plan on obtaining our architecture licensure and traveling to Japan before trying. Hopefully it works out! Can’t wait

Post # 60
37 posts
Newbee

mcmeow :  Agreed with the IUD! I didn’t think getting my IUD in would be as painful as it actually was. However, getting it removed isn’t supposed to be bad!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors