Anyone TTC in 2019?

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 61
37 posts
Newbee

mcmeow :  Agreed with the IUD! I didn’t think getting my IUD in would be as painful as it actually was. However, getting it removed isn’t supposed to bad! I think childbirth will be much more worth the pain though haha

Post # 62
5618 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

Ktina17 :  mcmeow :  I’m not going to lie… I had a planned unmedicated birth, and it’s still all a blur.  Early labor started at 6:45am (we went to brunch for Easter and grocery shopping for hospital snacks haha), active labor started at about 2:30pm, I was at the hospital at 4:45pm, and started pushing at 5:15pm.  My baby was born at 7:19pm.  I just remember saying how miserable the crowning was, and that’s it, but everything starting at early labor felt like period cramps, and it just felt like it got gradually worse… so it’s almost like I was used to the previous discomfort before it got worse, if that makes sense?  Also, I didn’t want to sit (although they put me on my back to check the baby as soon as I got to triage). Labor is painful, but it’s short-lived.  Epidurals are always an option and I know so many women that are huge fans!

Post # 63
37 posts
Newbee

SeaOfLove :  that’s good to hear! I just read a thread last night talking about how terrible pregnancy is and that 90% of motherhood isn’t fun… it definitely freaked me out! I know that it is going to be difficult but I hope that I enjoy more than 10% of it.

Post # 64
1141 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

SeaOfLove :  that’s great! Hope I’m as lucky haha. My mom had C-sections for both me and my little brother (he was a big baby though at 11lbs and my poor mom is petite). Hopefully I don’t go her route lol but I guess it’s all totally unknown and unexpected! But definitely worth it.

Post # 65
5618 posts
Bee Keeper

Ktina17 :  So, my pregnancy wasn’t terrible.  There were parts I hated, like the early nausea, and around 20 weeks I developed an allergic reaction to who knows what… air?  I had a horribly itching, hot rash that didn’t completely go away until my daughter was born.  Also, newbornhood is HARD.  Someone in my April 2018 group posted a great article about the breaking and blessing of motherhood yesterday, and it really does describe how completely life altering it is… especially if you’re breastfeeding, because that’s a whole new ball game.  But it’s so worth it.  My baby clusterfed twice a day for 9 weeks – usually about 3 hours in the morning and an average of 5 hours in the afternoon/evening. One day at 10 weeks, I just looked at her and was like, “Is this easier? This feels easier.”  After 3 months is when things started getting REALLY enjoyable.

There will always be things you hate about motherhood, especially if you look at it from where you were pre-baby, but that 10% that you will enjoy will feel like 90% because the overwhelming joy you get from watching your baby grow and develop is amazing.  And if you’re really just not enjoying things as much as you feel like you should, then talk to your doctor, because PPD and PPA are real things.  Also, you WANT to have a baby, which doesn’t make things perfect or easy, but it helps.  Some women have a much harder time adjusting if they didn’t want it or it wasn’t in their plans… and I say some because I don’t know everyone’s circumstances.

Post # 66
37 posts
Newbee

SeaOfLove :  Thanks for the great words and advise! I am already worried that I will have terrible morning sickness (I have a very sensitive stomach and feel naseuous often as it is.) I know things will be hard but I am still so excited! 

Post # 67
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

TTC starting mid January, 2019 when we are on our honeymoon. I’m turning 35 and it’s our first, but hopefully the ferility gods will smile upon us. My doctor told me I only needed a month off BC but I’m stopping it in November just in case and taking folic acid. 

Post # 69
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017

els2016 :  els2016 :  I went off the pill two months ago even though we are a year out from NTNP, and holy cow! I have no regrets! I feel SO.MUCH.BETTER. I was on hormonal birthcontrol for 8 years and I swear it’s like I don’t even recognize myself now. I am so peaceful and happy, my anxiety is gone, i’m losing weight, oh AND second period down and WOW it’s so much lighter and lesss painful off the pill. I am shocked! I just thought that was who I was but it turns out the hormones were effecting me ALOT. 

Post # 70
37 posts
Newbee

els2016 :  exactly the reason I ended up with the copper IUD! I just did not do well with the pill… always had so many bad side effects. It’s great not being on hormonal birth control anymore

Post # 71
5618 posts
Bee Keeper

els2016 :  I was on the hormonal bc pill up until 7 months before TTC.  We figured if anything happened, we would be okay with it.  I honestly just wanted to be off of it because it affected my moods so much.  I honestly don’t think I’ll ever go back to a birth control method until we decide to get Darling Husband snipped!

Post # 72
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

els2016 :  I’m very grateful to the pill for the 5 or so years of not having to worry about babies and giving me beautiful skin lol, but I’m way more in touch with my body after the past year of being off it and charting my cycles. We quickly realized condoms weren’t working for us, and since I read a lot about it on the bee, trust my husband, and an oops wouldn’t be the worst thing we use withdrawal during my fertile times right now. So far we only got pregnant when we were trying. If we keep that up I’d definitely consider it even longer term. But I’ve also seen a lot of good things about the copper iud so I might consider that after we have a couple kids.

Post # 74
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

els2016 :  it’s sooo tempting to stalk the POAS boards and live vicariously through those ladies! I’ve done my fair share of that.

It’s very exciting that your hubby is really getting on board with it too 😊 To me it started feeling more real when I could start talking with mine about it in specific timelines. Problem is TTC/pregnancy/babies/kids have been most of what I’ve wanted to talk about lately, luckily he indulges me but I have to consciously focus on other coversation topics 😛

Post # 75
37 posts
Newbee

els2016 :  I love hearing Darling Husband getting excited about TTC! He brought it up this past spring and said he’s ready, but I was taken by surprise and wanted to wait so we are planning January now. Other than that he never mentions it unless I talk about it, but when I mentioned getting my IUD out in January and waiting a month to TTC he asked if I could get it out in December instead. And then finally the other day when I said something about being excited he said “yeah I’m excited too.” I think that’s the first time he’s said that! I know he is, but he gets so worried about things so I think he’s afraid to be excited in case it doesn’t go our way. 

jbirdlee1015 :  yes! I also have to actively try not to talk about it ALL the time. Darling Husband is very nice about entertaining me but I’m sure he gets slightly annoyed listing me to bring it up every night haha

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors