Anyone TTC in 2019?

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 77
1139 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

els2016 :  Same! A few months ago I had such baby fever and wanted to seriously talk to my husband about our TTC timeline. I was so nervous but finally brought it up. We were on the same page! Now we’re bringing up stuff about our future baby a little more now, so exciting. He seems excited too. We’re still going through our pre-baby goals and keeping ourselves busy but can’t wait till 2019!

Post # 78
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I’m excited to chime in! My husband and I are planning to start TTC in January! Today I officially stopped taking my BC (want to give my body some time to adjust before Jan). So it feels like a big day! 

Post # 79
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Location

els2016 :  I’m actually not looking forward to going off BC!

I’ve been on it for about ten years now and love my nuvaring, no weight gain or moodiness. It’s easy and consistent and has given me lighter periods without the intense lay-in-bed-and-cry-for-days cramps… so we’ll see… 

Post # 81
41 posts
Newbee

I’m hoping to start NTNP in January – the husband is on board, wants kids, but a bit… gun shy when it comes to actually planning (he’s like that with many big life decisions). 

We talked and agreed NTNP seemed way less stressful than TTC, and will probably reevaluate if we don’t get pregnant after ~6 months. 

I caught crazy baby fever this fall, and having a plan to start soon but not too soon really seems to be helping. 

I started prenatals and a few books. In terms of what to accomplish, it’s mostly house stuff (like painting) and getting back into a regular workout routine. He’s also working on the generally-getting-healthier thing. 

Post # 82
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Location

beetle72 :  That sounds like a perfect plan! What books did you get?

Post # 83
2304 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017 - Courthouse

els2016 :  I love this thread! 

We haven’t decided for sure yet but we’re thinking June of 2019 will be a good time to start trying. 

Here is my “to do list” before baby:

• finish our backyard
  • fix small things around the home (just moved in this summer)
  • celebrating our 1 year anniversary this December
  • European vacation in spring

None of these things are obviously major. Ideally, we’d also like to save quite a bit so we have a larger emergency fund and then transfer some money to IRAs or investing of some sort. We only invest a small amount right now. 

I have a good friend getting married in June and I’m a bridesmaid. I live away from home so I’ll have to travel for that wedding. I’m thinking right after that wedding will be a good time to start trying. Next summer I’ll be 27 and my husband will be 31. So hopefully we’ll have a baby when I’m 28 and my husband is 32. 

It’s crazy how that’s quite a bit of time from now but I have a running list in my head of things I want to accomplish! 

Post # 84
337 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019 - York, ME

It’s crazy how much there is to do when you think about it! We are planning on TTC in May 2019, right around our wedding.  We’re remaining flexible though just in case we aren’t quite ready then.  I’m worried about conceiving and carrying to term, so I’m anxious to get the show on the road. I’ll only be 27, but have already had issues with reproductive organs and have a family history of women needing hysterectomies in their 30’s.

We want to re-do our bathroom, paint our cabinets, add a half bath, and convert the unused formal dining room into a 3rd bedroom/office.  Our spare room will be converted into the nursery.  I also want to get the grass in better shape for our back yard, so that by the time the kid is old enough they have a nice place to play! We live in the highest elevation city in the country though, so grass doesn’t grow too well up here.  

It’s so exciting, I have horrible baby fever! It’s fun to read this thread and see that I’m not alone in it!

Post # 85
4755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Us! Possibly. If our daughter gets into the full day pre k lottery, we can try for baby number two in 2019. If she doesn’t, we can still try in September 2019, however, we will probably wait a few months so we can save some of her daycare expense first.

Post # 86
586 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

We will be TTC in April/May. Over DH’s spring break, we will be going to Vienna and Prague. Even though I don’t know if it will be in my fertile window, we have started using that as our milestone. In the meantime, I want to get in better shape, enjoy our alone time, drink nice bottles of wine, etc. One large project we have is paying down our credit cards. We have made great gains and hope to cut it down before baby would arrive. Since we will be moving when I am (hopefully) pregnant (due to the end of our lease), we are starting to consider where we want to move next. I’m in Chicago and there are SO many considerations. So, it’s just planning and lots of fun, “what-if” conversations!

Post # 87
41 posts
Newbee

jayrock :  Thanks! I got Taking Charge of Your Fertility and What To Expect Before You’re Expecting. 

There are so many things we don’t know and so much conflicting information on the internet, so hopefully these help. 

Post # 89
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2017

lioness21 :  that’s so exciting! I’m kind of in the same boat, completing an intensive post grad program. Are you nervous to be pregnant while your in school? I feel slightly guilty that I may not be working by the time we conceive. But there’s honestly no such thing as the perfect time. We just gotta do what we can to be prepared! 

Post # 90
434 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

We are! Our apartment lease is up in March so we’ll move in with my parents for a bit until we find a house. Shortly after getting the house we want to start trying! We are really hoping to conceive by Fall 2019! It’s tempting to start earlier, but I’d like to be a stay at home mom, so I want to finish paying off my student loans before the baby comes so that my husband doesn’t have to take that on. We actually planned a trip to Vegas for Feb so that we have something to look forward to other than the house and the baby

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors