Anyone TTC in 2019?

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 106
5623 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

jayrock :  I’m getting excited. Our little one will be 9 months old on January 1st. I’m still nursing/pumping at work, and my cycle hasn’t returned… So we can’t get too eager yet. However, Darling Husband recently switched anxiety meds, which is kind of relieving, I guess? The stuff he was on had horrible sexual/fertility side effects. So far the new stuff has less sexual side effects, but we’ll see how the fertility is. Since it takes 3 months for sperm to fully develop, we’re going to start him on Fertilaid as a precaution. I think we’ll still aim for April for TTC since I hope to start weaning when our daughter turns one.

Post # 107
134 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

We are planning to TTC around April 2019. Our daughter will be 20 months by then. 

Post # 108
1591 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

Yes me πŸ™‚ Our wedding is in June and we will be open to conception after that. I think we will “viciously” be trying probably around October or November, so it’ll be a little later in the year, but yes! I’ve never been on the pill and my periods have always been regular, so I’m hoping it’ll be a cinch πŸ™‚ 

Post # 109
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I‘m definitely getting excited and so ready for this long ttc break to end. As much as I like the ttc boards here I’m ready to move on from them for now! I started a new job at the very end of October and I need to be there a year to get maternity leave benefits, so we plan to start trying in March. 

I see a few of you here are starting in the springtime, maybe I’ll see you around the POAS boards. From our experience earlier this year I won’t be as surprised if it’s pretty quick, but honestly as much as I’m impatient there are a lot of monetary reasons I wouldn’t mind a few extra months! Not to mention for most people there’s not much of your life can you spend having unprotected sex without minding the consequences πŸ˜› So I’m trying to go back into this with a win-win mentality to keep me relaxed. 

Post # 111
762 posts
Busy bee

megm1099 :  hey snap! We’re getting married in May2019 and (as I am getting on a bit (34) and am broody as hell) Id love to just go au natural after that and “seee what happens” for a while.

We’re planning to do our big honeymoon around sept/Oct/Nov time so I guess after then we will be seriously trying then also!

Also snap on the no pill since I was about 22. So I’m pretty clockwork as well. 

I’m so so excited to start trying, but my married friends are telling me to make sure we get our big honeymoon in first!! 

els2016 :  

Post # 112
2517 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Yes, we are going to be TTC for baby number 2 once my current period is over – aaarrgghh! I am mostly excited but also slightly apprehensive too. I found my last pregnancy tough so I’m hoping this one will be easier, especially with a 3 year old to take care of too. 

I am taking Terra Nova prenatal vitamins which are natural ones.

My husband and I are inrtrigud as to whether it happens as quickly as it did the first time – first month and I think from memory we actually only had sex once!

Post # 113
5211 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2017

I wasn’t sure if my husband was 100% on board with ttc #2. He’s ten years older than me and has a daughter with his ex wife, and our three year old. He wasn’t sure if he would be up to another baby and wasn’t a solid yes or no either way.

Last night, I found out that we are officially on the same page for TTC #2 in 2019! 😱😱

I’m soooo excited!

We will find out if my daughter gets into the prek program in the spring, it’s based on a lottery. If she gets into the program, her daycare expense will end in September. I keep reminding myself that each month that goes by before we start ttc is another month that we will be able to put away her $1k a month daycare expense into savings.

Post # 114
95 posts
Worker bee

Me!  Planning to get engaged first!

I’ll be 38 in June and have a 6 year old from my previous marriage.

My boyfriend and I agreed to get married in 2019 so will hopefully get engaged soon.

I’ll probably suggest to him I get my IUD about a month before the wedding to give us a head start considering my age.  We want at least one more child.  A little nervous about how long it will take but my mom got pregnant at 40 with no issues so that’s good.

Post # 115
750 posts
Busy bee

We are getting married May 2019. Starting prenatal vit. Jan 1st and going off the pill right after the wedding so we’ll see what happens! Fingers crossed for all of us ladies! 

Post # 116
1073 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

My hubby and I plan to TTC in 2019. Well technically right now I just stopped taking my birth control pills. I have PCOs and needed medication to conceive my now two-year-old. We plan to try naturally for a bit, then set up appointments with my doctor if nothing comes of it. I’m both excited and scared. I work full time, go to school part-time but another baby is exactly what we want. Also kind of sad since after our second it will most likely be our last baby. I’m 32 going on 33. Took us 13 months with six cycles of fertility meds to get our daughter.   

Post # 117
1 posts
Wannabee

We are! Getting married in July and will TTC that month. I’ll be 32 and hubby will be 34. I went off the pill in Jan to regulate my cycle and cleanse the toxins from my body. I’m also currently going through a pre-conception detox and have fully switched to pastured meat and eggs, dark leafy greens, and supplements (pre-natal with folate, vitamin D, and fish oil). Gotta nourish the soil to plant the seed πŸ™‚ 

Post # 118
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

We just started TTC in February. I’ve been off BC since November. I’m 35 so keeping my fingers crossed we don’t have too much trouble due to my age! Nothing on the first cycle but we were on our honeymoon and Australia is a day ahead so probably messed up the timing of ovulation. Not trying to stress too hard about it. Just been taking prenatals and using the P tracker app. Bought a cheap OPK off amazon as well.

Post # 119
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2018 - City, State

We will be starting to TTC from June! I’m so so worried about infertility/miscarriages but obviously very excited. I came off the pill last September after 10 years (it was making me a crazy person!) and my cycle seems fairly settled now.

Does anyone have any other recommendations of what we should be doing to prepare? I’ve been hitting the gym hard and have lost over 5 stone in the last year or so and very close to my goal weight so hopefully this should help.

Xx

Post # 120
1412 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2018 - Location

Just wanted to check in on this thread and see where everyone is at! 

We are starting TTC this cycle. I’m just about done my period but don’t ovulate until CD20-23ish so it’s a long wait lol I’m getting antsy. 

Are you all still on track with your 2019 plans?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors