(Closed) Anyone using brown & orange as their colors?

posted 9 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
2249 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2018

I was Maid/Matron of Honor in a wedding with brown and sunflowers. I was really impressed how nicely the brown and orange complimented all the Bridesmaid or Best Man and the bride. The Groomsmen had linnen and ivory and sand so it was very muted with a pop of sunflowers! I can’t post pics since it wasn’t my wedding, but i’m sure yours will look great!

Post # 5
473 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

I was considering using brown and orange for our fall wedding, but then we decided to have an early September wedding (more like a late summer).  So, instead, we went with brown and peach. I love how peach softens it up.  You might want to consider something similar, since you’re having a June wedding. Try doing some lighter oranges, and maybe some soft yellows – since it’s a summer wedding.

Just a thought!

Post # 6
274 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

I’m doing brown and orange. The Orange is in our flowers & bouts, and maybe an accent of it here and there. Not much. The dresses will probably be different shades of browns. Latte, Champagne, and Truffle. I’m thinking of using a cream color too. And of course, my dress is white, with MAYBE a Champagne or Latte sash wrapped around it. (Not a truffle sash, it looks almost black against the white.)

My flowers are different shades of orange, purple, burgandy & white. Roses & sunflower daisies. Very pretty. I love them.

Post # 7
2022 posts
Buzzing bee

We are doing brown and orange!  Orange Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (from dessy, color sunrise) and probably very bright fall bouquets.  Chocolate is our accent color along with gold.

Post # 8
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2009

i’m doing brown and orange (with some green and yellow) – it’s a summer wedding, so i went with brown and ‘citrus’ theme, so it didn’t seem too fall-ish. orange is definitely my favorite color!

i went with davids bridesmaids dresses – the ‘dress up your dress’ collection is neat because there are a million colors to mix and match – we went with a brown dress with a light green sash and peekaboo slip, but you could do a brown dress with orange accessories.

my flowers are going to be mostly orange, with a little green – tiger lillies, orange callas and roses, and light green orchids. the bridesmaids bouquets and centerpieces will be orange, yellow, and green – same flowers as mine, and some gerbers, and a couple other flowers i forget the names of!

we’re having orange table runners. favor boxes are going to be brown with alternating orange or green ribbon on them.

some bouquets i’m using for inspiration are below.

[attachment=191497,15652] [attachment=191497,15657]

Post # 9
1105 posts
Bumble bee

For our Fall wedding we also are having Chocolate and Burnt Orange as our colors.  My BM’s are wearing chocolate dresses and the Groomsmen are wearing chocolate tuxes with burnt orange ties and vests.  I’ll see if I can include a picture of the bouquets my BM’s are going to hold.

Post # 10
1105 posts
Bumble bee

Well, my pictures must be too big.  If you would like to see them you can message me,

Post # 11
274 posts
Helper bee

stormy9973, are you copying me? LOL. I’m kidding! 😀

I’m getting my girls to wear the DB seperates…maybe. Latte/Champagne. I thought about Burnt Orange, but my Future Sister-In-Law is a red head, and the orange clashes with her hair. (I had her try on a Burnt orange dess. Didn’t look right)  So brown works on all of them. The men are wearing black pants, white shirts, and yes….camo vests. lol. My colors will match the camo print. lol. But I like your idea of the chocolate tuxes & burnt orange ties/vests. Sounds REALLY pretty!

Post # 12
289 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

My colors are chocolate and ivory, but my flowers and other decorative accents will be orange/red/green.  My wedding is in mid-september but I’m still going with the warm colors of autumn. Good luck!

Post # 13
19 posts
Newbee

Type "brown and orange inspiration" into Google Images search.

You get a ton of hits!

Post # 14
371 posts
Helper bee

Our colors are choc brown and more of a coral type orange, accents of ivory and gold. Our wedding is in October, I can’t wait!

Post # 15
267 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010 - Jewel Box in Forest Park and Windows on Washington

We are using brown, orange and red.  TheKnot.com and ProjectWedding have some great color-specific photos.  I think if you use bright orange and chocolate brown that it would be great for summer.

http://weddings.theknot.com/Real-Weddings/41552/detailview.aspx?type=3&id=41552

Ignore the green in that photo, but that color orange with brown would be great!

Post # 16
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2018

My wedding is 8.29 and I am using ivory, burnt orange and espresso for my colors.  My dress is ivory with espresso accents , my mohs are wearing espresso dresses with burnt orange sashes and bms are wearing burnt orange with espresso. Flowers are gerbera daisies

The topic ‘Anyone using brown & orange as their colors?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors