(Closed) Anyone wearing Alfred Angelo 2133W?

posted 8 years ago in Full Figured
Post # 3
325 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I don’t have any suggestions for dresses but I really don’t think that gown will look right on a plus sized woman.

You want to avoid having anything around your waist because it makes you look wider. If the ribbon was closer to your breasts and the dress is fitted it would probably be fine.

As a plus sized bride, you want to look for ruching that comes across your abdomen and hips on an angle – it is slimming. Find an A line, fitted gown as they are more figure flattering. If you don’t like ruching, there are beautiful dresses out there… just ensure that they are fitted in the waist and you should be fine.

I love the dress though it’s adorable. Can the ribbon be worn higher up?

Post # 5
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I’m a size 20, so I found a dress I liked up top and will just have it altered to remove the train and bring it up to tea length to make it less formal.  I chose the angled rouching and a softer fabric to avoid the light catching any bumps – chiffon over satin. 

Mori Lee has a line of plus sizes modeled on a woman just like us, so you get a decent idea of how it will look. 

http://www.morilee.com/bridals/julietta

Post # 6
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@ ashers033

The second dress you have shown is beautiful! That dress is hitting at the natural waist (vs a dropped waist…which i find hilights the stomach too much, or an empire waist, which I find focuses too much on the “ladies”). I am a street size 16 and just bought a dress very similar to that. Who designed that dress?

Post # 7
1486 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I love the second dress!!! I agree about the detail at the waist not being flattering.  I tried on allure 8803 and the band at the waist really didnt work for me (i am very pear shaped with big hips).  I ended up going with an empire waist dress (casablanca 1900), because it was WAY more flattering and had it custom ordered in tea length.

Post # 10
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@ashers033:

Thanks for those links! =) i was just curious. I really am a fan of that style of dress. This is a link to the dress that I just purchased this weekend, so as you can see it is somewhat similar – http://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm-Blush/Bridal/Spring/2011/Style-1103 I was unfortunately not able to try on a plus size sample for it, but bought it anyways, and it is stressing me out. lol

I like the dress that you originally started this post about. I just think the sash should be up maybe an inch or two higher? It could be flattering on you…Is there any way you can try it on to see? It’s so hard to know without trying a dress on! =)

Post # 11
1486 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@ashers033: Thanks! I was able to order it that way!! I would have never thought to take a normally long dress and shorten it (too hard to imagine what I would look like in it!)… but the bridal salon had a sample already shortened. 

Post # 12
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

it really depends on your body…. not all plus size women are the same shape.  i for one and very hourglass shaped and i chose a mermaid dress (empire waists made me look preggo)…. to say that this or that will not look good because you are plus sized it like saying you wont look good in clothes…. its just too broad and there are too many variations. you really have to try on the dress…. or try on that same style of dress to get an understanding of what looks good and what doesnt 🙂

Post # 13
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2011

@amyisnice: When I wanted to chop my dress down to tea length, I had to mock it up on the screen.  Here’s what I came up with (nevermind the weird-looking feet, you get the idea):

Post # 14
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

try Maggie dresses, her dresses all look great on plus size brides, Im not sure how many tea length dresses she has but they are amazing and do wonders for a plus size body!

The topic ‘Anyone wearing Alfred Angelo 2133W?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors