Anyone wearing Alfred Angelo Style 8501 ???

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
831 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I WISH I could help you, I’ve called two shops near me that say they have ordered the sample but it hasn’t come in yet, the line is pretty new.  I love it too πŸ™‚ Hopefully someone will have pics.

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi there,

I would keep trying. I went into a bridal store asking about this dress. They are ordering it in for their store in my size, and if I like it then I can buy that one.

The store phoned their supplier in melbourne who does not have any in stock so are ordering it in.

Post # 6
795 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013 - Four Rivers Environmental Center

I feel your pain! I can’t find anyone ANYWHERE wearing 8506 from the same line. I tried it on but wasnt allowed to take pictures!

Post # 7
15 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

This dress is beautiful!!! It is what I would have loved if I had not bought 8506. The only things I did not like about this dress was that I almost felt like I was in a night gown (which could be elegant)…the lace was GEORGEOUS!! The underneath layer though is like a silky night gown!! It is very form fitting, so definitely for a girl who wants to flaunt it! Not really an opportunity to wear something underneath bc I feel like it would show. This whole line really is georgeous πŸ™‚

Post # 8
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I completely agree with hillellah….this dress is absolutely stunning!!!….the lace is gorgeous and the charmeuse underlay is super soft to the skin…it’s form fitting and feels very light…I’m usually not a fan of sheath gowns but my bridal consultant insisted that I try this gown on and I instantly fell in love….i plan to wear this dress as my second dress for the reception (my first dress is very heavy, modest with long sleeves). I’m not sure if you’re aware but the Alfred Angelo site has an actual video clip showcasing the entire modern vintage collection enabling you to see this lovely dress in motion….i will include the link below – the first model on the runway is wearing style #8501. I hope the video  is helpful. I wish you all the best with your search! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP4fGpp75Uk&feature=share&list=UUp9HeevcBMtFVnz4sDw1l_g

Post # 9
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2013
Post # 11
237 posts
Helper bee

Hey! Not sure if you’re still interested in this dress or not but I just bought it tonight! It’s really pretty in person–the lace is gorgeous. And it’s really easy to move in. Here are some pics for you:

The back looks a little weird cause I’m wearing a longline bra they put me in.

Post # 12
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Peony526:  Hi πŸ™‚ do you have any updated pictures in your dress? How long did it take to come in?  I tried this one last week and i didnt buy it but i’m really thinking about it, its so beauitufl and light weight. How did they alter it bc the bottom is so beautiful thanks sorry for all the questions i’m just getting so excited about this dress!!!

Post # 13
13 posts
Newbee

The 8501 is my dress and I love it! Waiting for it to come in! Not long now…

Post # 15
139 posts
Blushing bee

@smallnoggin:  beautiful. i love this dress. i think i might have to get it. πŸ™‚

Post # 16
139 posts
Blushing bee

@zoecn:  i tried this dress one twice. the first time the consultant did not know what she was doing and i didnt like the dress — same thing she pulled it weird & the shop smelled like moth balls i was so turned off.  but i couldnt get the dress out of my mind because it really is so pretty and feminine.  so, a couple months later i tried it on at another store and it was a much better experience. πŸ™‚ 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors