87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Thanks ! About 4 months

Post # 18
106 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Aaaaaaaggghhhhhh!!!!!!! Dress ENVY! This is the ONE dress I fantasized about over and over and over again before I went dress shopping, and then I couldn’t find it anywhere to try it on. I bought something completely different, and unlike what I imagined wearing.

MAN… I LOVE THIS DRESS. You girls look great. Congrats on finding a real beauty!

Post # 19
87 posts
Worker bee

@Topaz925 I bought this dress without ever trying it on. I just knew if was the one!

Post # 20
87 posts
Worker bee

Here I am in the dress. Ignore the pink background wall. lol

Post # 21
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

WOW!

Post # 22
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Yes, this is my dress! Looking great, everyone!

I think I am taking off the strap, though. Might add a belt or broach or something instead… Any thoughts?

Post # 23
530 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@brytness: 

I saw a bride try this on and she was talking about removing the strap which I just didn’t understand. To me, the strap and the detail inside the flower is a focal point for the gown. It balances the folds in the fabric. If you look closely at photo of vscheidt891, the fabric zig zags across her body and gives visual movement to the gown – She looks frankly as if she’s right out of a John Singer Sargeant painting. 

Adding a horizontal belt line might cut you in half and distract from the zig zag va va voom effect this gown has. Just my two cents.

To all the brides who posted photos of themselves in this gown – YOU GUYS RAWK! It is a beautiful gown and photographs beautifully. An Oscar Winner!

Post # 24
530 posts
Busy bee

@vscheidt891: freaking gorgeous. You look like you are ready to accept your Oscar. 

Post # 25
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

thanks for your input, sfchick!

Post # 26
530 posts
Busy bee

@brytness: it is a stunning gown and I wished I’d seen it before I got mine! 🙂 Try out the gown with a belt and have a friend or your mom take a photo of you in it. Additionally, you could fold down the strap just to see what it would look like without it. I truly think the strap gives it the wow factor. Congrats to you! 🙂

Post # 27
9 posts
Newbee

vscheidt891 – That dress was made for you! How long is your train? The dress I tried on was several sizes too big so I couldn’t get a real picture. Mine should be in this week…hopefully!!

Post # 28
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@brytness:Don’t remove the strap! It’s awesome!!

Post # 29
87 posts
Worker bee

@sfchick Thank You!

@greener11 The train is about 2-3 feet. I haven’t seen my dress with a bustle yet and wonder what it would look like.

If any of you ladies have pics with the dress bustled I’d love to see it! Since there are different types of bustles I want to know which one looks best.

Post # 30
87 posts
Worker bee

I have also been considering just getting rid of the train in general, if a bustle looks bad. Any thoughts?

Post # 31
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2010

The topic ‘Anyone Wearing Allure 8755?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors