(Closed) Anyone wearing Casablanca 1955?

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
332 posts
Helper bee

I just ordered this dress also! But I dont have any pics. It wont get here until May, but I LOVE this dress, Im sooo excited to wear it! What color did you get yours in?

Post # 4
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I also ordered this dress in all white.  It won’t be in for about 4 more months.  It is an absolutely beautiful dress. I can’t wait until it gets here.

Post # 5
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2010

I am wearing Casablanca 1955 for my October wedding. I picked it up a few months ago and I love it! I’ve attached a picture – It’s Ivory and Champagne. 🙂

[attachment=871407,108684]

Post # 6
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Gorgeous gown, but it unfortunately did nothing for my body… Instead of fit and flare or w/e it was suppose to do, it made me look bigger. I’m 5’8″ and bridal gown size 6.

But like I said, gorgeous! Congrats!

Post # 8
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Just ordered this dress this morning!  So excited…it was not at all what I imagined, but had all of the qualities I was looking for!

(This is a sample about 6 sizes too big for me, so we folded over the bust area to get a better idea!)

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Hi I love this dress and am wondering if anyone who has it is willing to sell it to me after their wedding? Let me know, thanks!

Post # 10
332 posts
Helper bee

@vk0613 – What size are you looking for? I MIGHT think about selling mine after.

Post # 11
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

This is one of my top two picks for my wedding dress. I am getting married on the beach in Florida and thought it was just right (weight wise) for the beach and yet still has a formal look. Any thoughts from those who have it/worn it on whether I’m going to smother in my own wedding dress or if you agree?

Post # 12
516 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

That dress is so pretty!

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

Does anyone have a picture of this dress in white/white.  I’ve tried it on in ivory/champagne and love it, but I always imagined myself in white.  I’m trying to decide if I should order it in white or if the color is what is making me love the dress.  help please!  thanks!

Post # 14
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I am placing my order for this dress this week! I love the style! I actually wanted it to fit a bit more snug through my hips, so I am getting the 1955 dress made in the 1827 shape.

As far as the color, I tried on an ivory/champagne…I am having a hard time figuring out what part is ivory and what part is champagne?  Can anyone help?  I was told the bust and the underlay was champagne and the lace was ivory.  Does this sound what anyone else was told???

(this is like the lightest looking champagne color I’ve ever seen).

I originally thought the bust was ivory and the underlay was champagne, but the lady at the boutique told me otherwise. 

Does anyone know?

Post # 15
12 posts
Newbee

I agree with it not fitting as tight around the hips. I may go with your idea! I always thought I’d get something more form fitting but this dress blew me away.

Post # 16
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@amyokl2:Yeah, the lady kept asking me if I wanted a mermaid dress, which I knew I didn’t.  We ended up coming to the conclusion that what I wanted was a “drop waist” which is what the 1827 has. 

I wanted the “A-line” part of the skirt to start at my hips, not at my waist. 

Now my only thing is to nail down the color…

The topic ‘Anyone wearing Casablanca 1955?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors