(Closed) Anyone wearing Casablanca 1955?

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

ok so I found the answer to my question.  I am going to post it here in case any other brides ever have the same question.

For the Casablanca 1955 – as for the color of the dress.

The Ivory/Champagne color means that the underlay (the bottom layer of the skirt) is Champagne, and the lace overlay is ivory and the bodice is ivory.

For the Ivory/Ivory, the bodice, the lace, and the underlay are all ivory.

Obviously for White/White, all three parts are white.

For White/Ivory, the bodice and lace are white, and the underlaw is champagne.

I needed some clarification on these colors, so I emailed the Casablanca people and received these explanations.

Post # 18
1 posts
Wannabee

Has anyone purchased this dress in Ivory/Ivory?  I love this dress, but am a little concerned that the top will look like a different color from the bottom and therefore will look like 2 dresses sewn together.  I just want it to look uniform.  The dress I tried on in the store had definitely been tried on a lot (therefore dirty) and I just want to make sure I will love it if and when I get it.  Any thoughts/opinions would be really helpful!  Also, is champagne lighter or darker than the ivory?

Post # 19
9 posts
Newbee

I totally understand your concern with the colors.  I went round and round with the people in the store and even the Casablanca people about which colors are which.

The champagne is slightly darker than the ivory.  If you had the ivory/ivory dress, the bodice would be ivory, and the lace would be ivory, and the underlay would be ivory.

If you ordered the ivory/champagne, the only part that is champagne is the skirt that lays under the lace.  So it doesn’t really look like two dresses sewn together. 

If you go to this link from the knot.com, you can see a picture that a woman posted who got the dress in ivory/ivory.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_wearing-casablanca-gown

I would also recommend going to the closest casablanca retailer and looking at the ivory/ivory v. the ivory/champagne.

I went with the ivory/champagne because the champagne skirt with the ivory lace overlay provided more dimension to the fabric (or at least I thought so).  Also, the picture of this dress that is on the casablanca website is pictured in ivory/champagne.

Post # 20
63 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Ooh, I tried on this one!  It was probably my second choice, but the price made me go with another dress (it’s not that expensive, but my budget was <$1000).  Here are some pics from when I tried it on:

Post # 21
223 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I LOVE THIS DRESS!!! I instantly had “the feeling” that it was “the one” as soon as it was zippered up. It fit like a glove and I loved everything about it. I have had it ordered in Ivory/Ivory and have my first dressing fitting/alteration appointment next month.

Does anyone have a picture of how you are going to have it bustled?

Post # 22
223 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Jhiles: The top layer (organza) doesn’t come in champagne… so that’s the Ivory. The satin (i think…?) is the under layer which is the ivory. I hope this helps!

Post # 23
4 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
@LoriKay628:  i got the same gown too!! what color is the gown that you have on? i ordered mine is white/white, and have yet to see a picture… now wishing i ordered in ivory/ivory!  it loooks gorgeous on you!

Post # 24
4 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
@Leprechaun: what color is the gown you tried on? white/white or ivory/ivory? it looks so pretty on you!

Post # 25
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

View original reply
@coralbride2011: It was the ivory/ivory, I’m pretty sure.  Hopefully I will be getting MY dress in the next few weeks, and will have better pictures–I ordered it in ivory.

Post # 26
223 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Leprechaun: So glad you posted a picture of the Ivory/Ivory! I didn’t see it before I ordered it. It is in, I just have another 4 weeks for my alteration appointment. It is gorgeous and looks lovely on you 🙂

Post # 27
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I am so excited to be wearing this dress. I have one picture of it tucked away so my fiance cannot see it, but am enjoying everyone else’s photos!!!! 

I really am debating over veil/no veil at this point. Thoughts?

Post # 28
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I too am wearing this dress – I love how light weight it is!  It’s truly amazing!

Post # 29
3 posts
Wannabee

Anyone interested in this dress? I am selling a brand new never worn WITH TAGS dress! Size 14 IVORY/IVORY BEST OFFER! All offers considered! email me [email protected] for info!

Post # 30
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

My dress arrived! It’s a tiny bit tight–I gained about 5 pounds since ordering it, so nothing a little exercise shouldn’t fix.  Sadly, it wasn’t long enough for the shoes I bought, so back to the drawing board with those 🙁

(My favorite part of the dress–the lace bottom!)

What is everyone doing for shoes?  I’m having a hard time finding shoes that “match” the dress style wise.  I originally bought the Badgley Mischka Randalls in blue just because I loved them (even though I didn’t think they went), but they were too tall of a heel.  Looking for recommendations!

Post # 31
223 posts
Helper bee

I had my first dress fitting this past Friday (first time I’ve seen the dress since I oredered it) and LET. ME. TELL. YOU…. I swear this dress is the most beautiful one I have ever seen!!! I tried it on in champagene/ivory but ordered it in ivory/ivory and I LOVE it EVEN MORE (which I really didn’t think was possible).

It fit great, just like I remembered, though a little long. I am 5’3″ – so I was not surprised at all. All I had to do was get shoes with a higher heel and that should fix the problem. Oh, and they need to take it in a TINY bit up “top” so my boobs don’t fall out 🙂

The topic ‘Anyone wearing Casablanca 1955?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors